In the Technic world of supercars and trial trucks, I hope this car isn't too simple and boring for you. This hatchback is scaled around a 2001 Renault Clio (2 door, 5 seats), which ended up more like a Modified Sports version. I found the blueprints for it and I just felt like building a 'normal' car. Nothing really special about it.

H001.JPG

Specs

- 1x L motor at 1:1.67

- 1x Servo

- functional hood

- functional doors

- functional boot (battery access)

- working steering wheel

- working front lights

- 36Lx15Wx13H (chassis, in studs)

- 808g

H003.JPG

H004.JPG

H008.JPG

This model was an experiment with half studs and building at angles. RC components are very simply integrated, though putting a working steering wheel and lights together in such a small space was an interesting challenge. Hope you like it. Any feedback (positive and negative) is appreciated. Thanks.

More images at Bricksafe

H011.JPG

H015.JPG

H016.JPG

H017.JPG

Edited by Chade

Wow, super compact! Would be nice to see a video. Nicely done, I cant believe you fit a rear seat in this creation!

Another premium MOC of yours, really cool!I'm really amazed how you fit so many things in such small models!!!

Remembers me the two first Fast and furious movies :classic:

Edited by LXF

Nice build, something else for a change. Little but so far i can see a lot of details.

Looks really cool, I actually like seeing "normal" cars every now and then.

Nothing really special about it.

Is it gluten free and vegan friendly? That's special :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::grin: :grin: :grin:

The colour scheme works very well and the shape is nice - the rear fenders are rather original and they blend well with the rear bumper/skirt. Where are the half beams used?

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'll post a video in a few days.

Another premium MOC of yours, really cool!I'm really amazed how you fit so many things in such small models!!!

Remembers me the two first Fast and furious movies :classic:

You're right, it does look a bit like the FnF cars. I should have modded it up more :classic:

Is it gluten free and vegan friendly? That's special :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::grin: :grin: :grin:

Unfortunately not that special :laugh:

Where are the half beams used?

I think what you are referring to is the half stud comment, sorry I wasn't very clear with that. Building in half beams is an area I want to improve. Parts like the lights, bonnet and front wheel arches etc are done in half beams, and for me this made the build a lot harder.

BTW, I love the small suspension setup you created for the TC9 comp. Suspension is something I want to get into a small build, but I'm not quite good enough yet.

Edited by Chade

Another inspiring build!

I am also into the half beam build theme, opens complete new doors in Mocing. :)

Another inspiring build!

I am also into the half beam build theme, opens complete new doors in Mocing. :)

Thanks agrof!

I think what you are referring to is the half stud comment, sorry I wasn't very clear with that. Building in half beams is an area I want to improve. Parts like the lights, bonnet and front wheel arches etc are done in half beams, and for me this made the build a lot harder.

Ah, I see it now, apologies for the misnomer. The half beams do open up a lot more possibilities, and this is a great start. :thumbup:

BTW, I love the small suspension setup you created for the TC9 comp. Suspension is something I want to get into a small build, but I'm not quite good enough yet.

Thank you for the kind words. The small cars offer quite a challenge for suspensions, it took me quite a few evenings to come up with the solution that was used in the rear. I think the biggest issue is the length of the springs as they are not to scale with the rest of a small car, so they are harder to hide or integrate while keeping the correct proportions. I built a small truck right after the TC9 and had similar issues with the PF components, as they also tend to be too large for small cars. It makes me appreciate builds like the one you have here much more because the huge amount of work that goes into fitting all the components and features into a tiny space.

In the Technic world of supercars and trial trucks, I hope this car isn't too simple and boring for you. This hatchback is scaled around a 2001 Renault Clio (2 door, 5 seats), which ended up more like a Modified Sports version. I found the blueprints for it and I just felt like building a 'normal' car. Nothing really special about it.

Nothing boring about this at all. I think it is important to keep in mind, great builds and builders notwithstanding, Technic fans appreciate variety. There are several threads even asking for non-wheeled or non-vehicle MOCS. Not everything has to be out of this world gorgeous to be appreciated. Even though you're build is

Yep. Not boring at all. This is an interesting little build and nicely shaped

Very compact and good bodywork! I wish I could build like that... every time I try to build a car it looks like a yugo.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Thank you for the kind words. The small cars offer quite a challenge for suspensions, it took me quite a few evenings to come up with the solution that was used in the rear. I think the biggest issue is the length of the springs as they are not to scale with the rest of a small car, so they are harder to hide or integrate while keeping the correct proportions. I built a small truck right after the TC9 and had similar issues with the PF components, as they also tend to be too large for small cars. It makes me appreciate builds like the one you have here much more because the huge amount of work that goes into fitting all the components and features into a tiny space.

I remember seeing this tubular truck a while ago, love the minimalistic design. I understand what you mean though, the suspension does appear too large for the model. It's a pity TLG doesn't make mini suspension arms.

Nothing boring about this at all. I think it is important to keep in mind, great builds and builders notwithstanding, Technic fans appreciate variety. There are several threads even asking for non-wheeled or non-vehicle MOCS. Not everything has to be out of this world gorgeous to be appreciated. Even though you're build is

Yep. Not boring at all. This is an interesting little build and nicely shaped

Thanks for these comments. I see so many supercars, trial trucks, construction equipment and other mechanically and aesthetically amazing creations on this forum so I assume that's what people want to see. I suppose I feel in regards to function and model choice, my MOCs can be a bit boring.

Very compact and good bodywork! I wish I could build like that... every time I try to build a car it looks like a yugo.

I had to look up what a yugo was :blush: , it actually looks like a fun car to build. Your super crawler looks great, I only need a few 16 link parts to build it.

Edited by Chade

The real question is....will it fit 15 in a bind?

Asking the tough questions!