Peppermint_M

Eurobricks Event Billund 2016 After party!

I'm sat outside the cabin with my luggage and waiting until checkout time.

The event is over for another year.

It was great to see new and familiar faces. To spend time with friends and get a whole lot of LEGO!

Thanks to Holodoc and Bonaparte for working to organise such a great time.

Oh, one last thing: Farewell and safe travels to everyone. Hope to see you all at next years event! :classic:

Home!

Thanks to Holodoc and Bonaparte as well as all the participants for another wonderful event! Was really awesome seeing you all / again! :)

Is this also becoming the official pictures thread? ;)

25935060574_664441fd8a_o.jpg

Now let's go get some sleep ....

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Currently sitting in the airport, waiting to check my Lego-filled suitcase in. Only 8 hours until my flight!

Thanks Bonaparte and Holodoc for organising the event and thanks everyone for making it an awesome event. See you in Günzburg next year!

So, as the Fenz can attest, flight delays from Billund mean I am now stuck here in Amsterdam untill 21:10.

At least I get free food and have some LEGO to play with.

Feel free to post pictures here. I'd love to see what everyone has to share.

Finally home!

A big thank you to Holodoc & Bonaparte for organising, and to all you nice folks who participated. It was a pleasure meeting you all! I Hope to make it to Günzburg next year.

Yep - this will be the picture thread:

One little teaser:

25940618723_ac12ec2d0a_b.jpg

EPIC pic! :wub: :wub:

For other photos (and videos!) you'll have to wait a bit, I returned home safely, but will surely need some time to recover. :laugh: And I've got quite a busy rest of the week in front of me. :look:

Nice Pic!!! :laugh:

Thx again Holodoc & Bonaparte for the great organization! And to all participants for the great fun!

See you guys next time

That must be the best EB group shot ever and is probably a very good representation of how awesome the event was once again! Thank you, Stefan and Tom, for organizing it and to everyone for making it special by being there. I had a blast!

Valentin, my mom and I arrived safely in my place about 1.5h ago. I think I want to catch some sleep now, still somewhat tired after delivering some Norwegians to the airport this morning... ;)

We've arrived safely at home as well. And more importantly; the LEGO made it too :wink:

Thank you all for the great event. The previous event in Billund (2010) was fun, but this time we got to know some of you much better, which is great!

We enjoyed every minute of the event.

And by looking at all the nicknames, I realize that I can finally link the vast majority of the names with the faces.

Next event I will try to learn your real names :wink:

Nice to see Ecclesiastes made it just in time for the picture :laugh:

Thanks to Bonaparte and Holodoc (and Copmike and TLG) for making this event possible. Great work guys.

One final question; where can I find the auto-insta-sign-on option for next year?!

I think all the happy :classic: faces say it all - we had a great time. Thanks to Tom and Stefan and everyone else who contributed to this event. I had a great time seeing some of you again, and some of you for the first time. It's nice to see the faces behind the nicknames.

Although tired from the extra short night (3 hours) and a too early flight home, I got a couple hours of sleep, and luckily I get two extra days off to enjoy the new bricks.

See you again next year (if not sooner).

Does anyone know the piano tune they played in the toilet over and over again?!

It's awfully quiet in the bathroom at home :tongue:

The airport has some 50% off Lego... I now have more sets!

That's interesting. MstrofPppts and I checked them in the morning, but saw no discounts. But then again, we were also confused with the numbers on the clock. At 5.20 am it's not easy to have a clear head.

Does anyone know the piano tune they played in the toilet over and over again?!

It's awfully quiet in the bathroom at home :tongue:

:laugh: I still have it in my head :wacko:

I arrived home safely too - had another 1,5 hours rom Holodocs place.

I want to thank Holodoc and Bonaparte for that great organisation and overtaking the part of "the negotiator".

I will have the next two days off but already filled with a lot of stuff to do.

Hope to see you all again soon. It was really nice to see you all again - and after so many years - meeting a lot of new people again!

Now I will get some sleep too.

Cheers, Dana

Thanks everyone it was awesome to meet you all. I am on my last flight to home, and already back in the US. I had a amazing time and would love to come again!

I'll join the chorus of praise for Holodoc and Bonaparte - it was a lovely event with lost of fun activities (even if some of us Norwegians arrived too late for some of them) (but then again we still managed to dominate most of the competitions - right, Pandora?) and a great bunch of people. Had a nice, smooth ferry trip back home with LegoFjotten and managed to get some sleep shortly after that. Spending some days at my parents' place in the south before heading back to Bergen.

It's a relatively safe bet that I'll try my very best to get to Günzburg in a year :)

I also agree with Jim that it's now much easier to put faces to names and nicknames, which is always nice. And such a great group photo! If you didn't know better, you'd think we were actually having a good time...

Got home yesterday evening after a long detour to Trondheim to pick up my car so I could get that home as well... That was a long drive for a tired me after an awesome event. But I made it home in one piece! It was so great seeing everyone again, and I hope to see you all in Günzburg next year :sweet:

Just have to second everyone else here, awesome event, and of course an awesome job done by Bonaparte and Holodoc (and Copmike I guess) organizing everything, a very smooth experience all along. :thumbup:

Going to work yesterday after just three hours of sleep due to having to get up at 05:00 was rather painful though, wish I could have taken yesterday off as well..

And such a great group photo! If you didn't know better, you'd think we were actually having a good time...

It's amazing what one can do with Photoshop these days! :laugh:

Hi AFOLs

Had some great days i Billund with you all. I am really looking forward to seeing you all at new LEGO-events and Günzburg in 2017. Thanks to Holodoc, Bonaparte and CM for organising the hole thing and for the great event-set. It looks really nice at the shelf at home.

Take care.

Morten Sonne

Totally agree with everything here! The events seems to be getting better every year! :classic:

Nice to see Ecclesiastes made it just in time for the picture :laugh:

Yes, that was kinda lucky :grin:

So, as the Fenz can attest, flight delays from Billund mean I am now stuck here in Amsterdam untill 21:10.

At least I get free food and have some LEGO to play with.

And we had one of the shortest transfers we've ever done. Its no fun running through Amsterdam airport to the furthest possible gate. Luckily there was no queue at passport control. I've never before had the crew come through the cabin asking the passengers to identify a piece of baggage like they did at Billund! Its also remarkable how the baggage seems to get to the plane before the passengers at these large airports.

Thanks to Holodoc, Bonaparte and our friends in LEGO for making the event so memorable. I will certainly be robbing some of Holodoc's ideas for our own events. Hope to see everyone again in Gunzburg where of course the fabulous Fabrik awaits.

For those of you who need to go to the can. Is this why this is titled called Can Can?!

We just finished unpacking all our Lego; I can't believe it all fit in the luggage! ( Although one bag was only 20g below the weight limit!)

We had a fabulous time! Thanks, everyone, for making it all such fun. Even though it was our first Eurobricks event, we really felt welcomed and part of the "gang".

Looking forward to Günzburg already!