henrysunset

Complete Label collection to organize your LEGO Technic Elements

I'm really excited to announce that my collection of LEGO labels has been significantly enhanced to include almost every current LEGO Technic element. This latest "Version 2.3" of my label collection adds 82 LEGO Technic parts for a total of over 600 labels across System and Technic!

2016-04-20-technic-sm-600x562.jpg

I added labels for 82 important Technic elements to this update.

LEARN MORE AND DOWNLOAD AT: http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

Technic Lovers, please give the labels a try and let me know what you think! I'm happy to add additional labels to make the collection more useful to you.

Sincerely,

---tom

P.S. While Technic is not my focus, I recently built 42043 Mercedes Benz Arocs, which was my first modern Technic set. It was challenging, but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot!

Edited by henrysunset

This is great, to be sure.......not sure if I am alone in this or not but I like combining a lot of elements together to save space. For example, I often combine some types of pins together. Also, not sure if most builders out there have enough elements to warrant different stickers for each and every Technic element out there. Other than that a great little system ya got there....one that likely most have also produced, in some shape or form, and are currently using.

This is great, my parts are sorted into several hundred draws so this could be very useful. Don't have any lable printer paper right now though.

I'll be soon doing a resorting of my Technic elements to drawers, so these are gonna be super handy! Just need to hunt down someone with a label printer...

I was thinking to do something like that...but not in a so good way. It could be very useful! Thanks!!

It would even be more usable if each label was in a fixed format so that sheets of standard labels could be used. There is a great amount of good work here, but I'm not going to buy a special printer for labels since there are all sorts of label sheets available for normal format printers.

I like that, have take a look at your website but it is not really clear to me where i can download the labels and what the cost are. I have many parts in screwboxes, so labels will be a great help to find my parts faster.

Great idea, I store different parts together so would not really work for me :(

I did that also untill a vieuw months ago. Now a have made a cabinet from 8 srewcases ( the type with the little draws)1 cabinet with wheels. In all the draws i have the parts not on color but on type. It works very easy and handy. Now i only need to label it..

I got a few questions/comments regarding the label printer...

1) The cheapest printer which works with these labels is the PT-1230PC, which is currently just 24.99$ on Amazon (US). That's less than a single cabinet of drawers! (Note: PC only, MAC users need to buy the PT-P700 model.)

2) It takes about 3 rolls of tape to print the entire collection. Since the machine comes with one roll, that's just an additional 18.99$ for two packs of Brother-brand labels, or 9.99$ for two pack of "P-touch compatible" generic tape. (Buying an extra roll isn't a bad idea.)

Total cost is 40-50$, and having a quality label printer is very convenient for other projects around the house.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you find that I forgot to include some important parts in the collection!

Sincerely,

---tom

great topic!

I've recently sorted 95% of my collection, and have not yet sat down to do labels.. so I might give these a try.

I mix pins together (since it's easy to pick the colours - friction/nofriction), and my drawers have internal dividers, so that I might have 2-3 types of part (esp for small quantities), in the same drawer

the hardest thing with a big (and growing) collection, is when you have to re-sort, due to too many pieces of a type... I either resort to 'overflow' bags that are archived in tubs.. or use 2 drawers for the same type of piece.

I have about 14 GBC's made up, and a few regular models on shelf... so I don't think I'll ever have 'the whole lot' in pieces..

I either resort to 'overflow' bags that are archived in tubs.. or use 2 drawers for the same type of piece.

I do something similar, but haven't gotten around to sharing photos of my system - If I have too many of a given part to fit in the drawer, i put the extra parts into bags, which go in large sterilite drawers. To help myself remember that I have extras in storage, I put a small printed 1x2" cardstock which has a space for me to write approx # of new and used parts that I have in deep storage. (In computer science terms, it's an http 301 / redirect on paper...)

How do you remind yourself that you have more parts in storage?

---tom

at the moment - I don't... although so far, it's mainly pins and axles I have excess of..

however I really need to have a system - as I thought I'd used all my 3l axle with stud.... and was about to add it to my BL wanted list... when I found my other stash!!

I think it is a good tool to sort ur legos, especially for peeps that have no organizing system yet. Keep it on (Y)

Looks nice. I actually printed the color 3d renders from Rebrickable on to Avery mailing labels then cut them to size to fit on my akro mills containers.

Perhaps I missed it on your website but can you do this also for the parts with studs...? because the older sets need to be organized as well on my side..:) keep up the good work, this makes my live easier...

Perhaps I missed it on your website but can you do this also for the parts with studs...?

Which parts are you looking for? The collection includes 600 labels, including both the newer studless technic "liftarm" parts, and the classic studded technic "bricks". See a preview of all the parts in the collection here: http://brickarchitect.com/files/LEGO_BRICK_LABELS-CONTACT_SHEET.pdf

If there are specific parts you need that are missing from the collection, let me know!

A couple people noticed that two of the most common Technic parts were accidentally deleted from the label collection! #3713 Bush & #32123 1/2 Bush.

I have made a minor update to version 2.4 which includes those two missing parts, plus the following 11 additional labels:

#59443, #18654, #47973, #57520, #32474, #53585, #90258, #49668; #15070; #15209; #15208

As per usual, download and learn more at http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

Thanks,

---tom

Is it possible to get the images to use on a different label sheet/system? I use Avery Address labels, and there would be very helpful...

Either way, awesome job!

Is it possible to get the images to use on a different label sheet/system? I use Avery Address labels, and there would be very helpful...

With over 700 labels and counting, it is a tremendous effort to maintain one collection, let alone two. The brother labels are waterproof and good quality; the printer is inexpensive, maybe worth a try?

These are a great idea. I'll be using them when I eventually get round to sorting my parts boxes out.

Thank you for your hard work.