Lord_Bloodwort

A better Force Pike for the Emperor's Royal Guards

I was just wondering if anyone else had considered using ski poles instead of the black or grey bars for the Royal Guard's Force Pikes?

20160419_204106_zpsjtwe9utq.jpg

Personally, i think it looks better than the pseudo-lightsaber ones or Castle Spears.

What if you put a white lightsaber rod on the bottom of them?

I don't think you can. The handle is the same diameter as the lightsaber rod. You could probably fit a ski pole into the end of the lightsaber hilt, but then it might be too long to look right.

Seeing them like that, just makes me think they are going to shoot glitter out the end >.< It's a nice try but just doesn't work for me.

Edited by Fuppylodders

I've used the black 'speargun' element for mine. It looks a lot better and the pistol grip allows it to be held 'to attention' style, with arms down by their sides and pike upright

Edited by miles teg

I have seen this used as Admiral Ackbar's little wand, for which I think it works quite well, but it is way too short for a force pike.

If you look I think both hands are upside down. It allows the figure to hold the weapon vertical

I can't get past the layer of dust myself : )

If you look I think both hands are upside down. It allows the figure to hold the weapon vertical

I can't get past the layer of dust myself : )

Haha! I was thinking the same thing

I don't have mine handy, but I've been using black saber hilts with metallic silver antennas on top... gives it more length and a more accurate look with the metallic color and black handle. Those metallic antennas are very nice, as you can take two (preferably one round-top for the upper part and one flat-top for the bottom) with a metallic saber hilt in the middle and make the pikes used by the Rebel Honor Guards flanking the doorway when Han, Luke, and Chewie arrive at the Yavin ceremony.

The ski pole ends up looking like a cross, so it makes them look like they work for the pope.

...must resist temptation to post the old comparison photos of Pope Benedict & Emperor Palpatine... :laugh:

...must resist temptation to post the old comparison photos of Pope Benedict & Emperor Palpatine... :laugh:

Give in to your temptations, join into the dank side.

557736_422637897752228_201900393159314_1897599_1199028185_n.jpeg

ebf6448364bdccc6ebaf1e669831bde55617f9612eb5300d17336efb5d9049f9.jpg

367-benedict-palpatine.jpg

Edited by pittpenguin123

I am not too convinced with those pieces, they are too small and white, I would better suggest to use my solution:

That's the solution I use.

Not to disturb, But I prefer the Mini lances from 2008. It's only my opinion :classic::vader:

Edited by Nick6314

Finally snapped a pic of my guards' force pikes. Lego's version, with the telescope pieces, always felt wrong, in great part because the widest end wasn't at the bottom (where it is in the actual force pike props)... flipping the telescope helps, but then they're holding the pikes pretty high up; using saber hilts allows for a slightly better look, lower grip, and then the antenna gives a bit more length (plus metallic color makes it a bit more authentic)

26042275034_10454d4c77.jpg

Which version of the emperor is it ?

What you see in Lord_Bloodwort's original post is the very first version of the Emperor! It appeared in a few sets from 2000-2002. The set in Lord_Bloodwort's photo is the tiny 7200 Final Duel I, which I also used as the basis for my early throne room vignettes. (My latest is a modified version of last year's 75093 Death Star Final Duel.)

For the most movie-accurate look, I highly recommend the aforementioned spear gun solution! As has been observed, you can turn the figures' hands around and they will appear to be standing "at attention," with their arms at their sides rather than awkwardly held out in front of them. Here's a little mini-build I made a while back to show off the feature (though I have since replaced the dark bluish gray spear guns with flat silver versions):

yromWmQl.jpg

Edited by Admonisher