Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

[MOC] Atelier

25921138403_94e7cf8aa9_c.jpg

Workshop for several artists, hippies and so on.

Built for house contest on Palikkatakomo Ry's LUG Exhibit on Model Expo 2016. Got fourth place on both audience and LUG member voting.

25921144353_3a735816ee_c.jpg

The main idea here was the usage of boats as window frames with those new-ish half-circle. I'm also very happy with the cheese roofs.

More photos on Cyclopic Bricks.

Oh, nice one. The rooftop tower is brilliant! Boats and frogs - my compliments. Would never have come on that idea. :sweet: How many artists and hippies fit there. I mean, there must be room for all the egos ... :dwacko:

Boats to frame the Windows. Amazing. It shows how the possibilities of new ideas are endless. Also like the cheese slices as a moon shape for the out house.

The use of boats in combination with the round windows is fantastic. Definitely not something that comes to mind easily. While I'm not a fan of the arched overhangs above the doors on the back of the house, this MOC stands out mostly for the great colour scheme and interesting building styles. Very inspirational to try something new and extraordinary.

Beautiful work here, Pate! The colorscheme works wonderfully, and of course the use of boats is brilliant :thumbup:

Excellent roofs as well :classic:

Terrific build all around, everything works together to make a very pretty whole :wub: The boats and new round arch thing are a highlight of course, but I also really like the large macaroni bricks over the back doors, and the little outhouse :thumbup:

I saw this at the Model Expo, and even among the huge cityscape you guys built, this one caught my eyes.

I really have to steal that amazing boat-window idea for one of my own buildings some time. ;D