kaiju

[SR - FB4 - Ship - 2WR - LDD] Night's Gold

So I don't know what buttons I pressed but I can't get a good set of pictures of this using BlueRender, so he's the one good render. and some screenshots from the LDD that for some reason have no background. That was a surprise when I went to resize the image.

The Night's Gold's sinister colours are a frequent site around Bastion and Haven. No one is quite sure how her Captain, Montgomery DuLac, manages to earn enough money to keep her afloat. It may relate to his good humour, easy going nature, ability to work with anyone and willingness to take any paying job. He even, occasionally, resorts to piracy - though he tends away from violence towards the prey's crew. After all, no point in needlessly raising a bounty on his head.

nightsgold.lxf_00000.png

nightsgold_01.png

nightsgold_03.png

nightsgold_04.png

Captain DuLac himself, making sure his ship is in good shape.

nightsgold_06.png

He is not above hiring a few "less civilised sorts" as marines. Though some of them do not do much the rest of the time.

nightsgold_07.png

nightsgold_08.png

nightsgold_09.png

nightsgold_10.png

I'm using my free license for the Night's Gold, classing her as a Class 2 Well Rounded.

Very nice looking ship!!!

I am however going to put it in a higher class in my ship index (and in the faction index stating you licenced it as a class 2WR) You don't have to consider this bigger index class in your licencing progress, but if you ever want to have a bigger licence (for the full cost of that licence), it will be possible!

Very nice looking ship!!!

I am however going to put it in a higher class in my ship index (and in the faction index stating you licenced it as a class 2WR) You don't have to consider this bigger index class in your licencing progress, but if you ever want to have a bigger licence (for the full cost of that licence), it will be possible!

Thank you, though I am curious why you plan to list it as a larger class: aside from the scenic base this ship is of comporable size, and with smaller guns, than many ships currently listed as Class 2.

Fine ship - I am happy to see that sail style again, yet this time with black sails.

:thumbup:

Thanks, I'm a fan of this style sails, they're a bit less hassle than fully brick-built sails and (to me) look better than empty masts.

A nice solid ship! I also like its colors and its bustling crew

I've been determined to add crew to the ship MOCs I've been working on. It's actually been one of the most difficult parts because I find the LDD interface to be not helpful for selecting torso prints. And then there's the issue of matching them to colours those designs came in. I also wanted it to look like everyone was doing something, though not sure that entirely worked.

Cool ship, your sail-technique is quite nice!

Thanks.

Very nice ship, Kaiju, awesome color-scheme and excellent shaping here, and those black sails look really great as well! pirate_satisfied.gif My only piece of advice really would be to give it a bit more water at the sides, as there seems to be much more on the front and back pirate_wink.gif Very great job here though!

I like this one the most of all your ships so far. Especially the aft castle is nicely done and makes it stand out in the whole BoBS fleet

This is another fine digital design. I also think it's my favorite of yours so far. The dark colors are part of the appeal, and it has nice proportions overall. Many of the classic galleon characteristics are present and it looks like a good old design. Keep it up.

Great ship. The rigging is very nicely balanced and quite realistic despite being limited to real lego pieces (everyone who uses paper or fabric is actually cheating!) pir_laugh2.gif

I really like the old-school railing around the middle of the stern. Reminds me of the Golden Hind.

Lovely ship. In the first picture you can't tell it is digital at all, it loks like the real thing. Lovely colours scheme, and I like the scary crew.

On ship size, the rules are clear: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=118542

A 2WR has 4 guns and 5 crew. Your ship has 8 guns and 9 crew, so could be various 3s or even a small 4WR. As far as I can see, there is no rule about calibre of guns. Hope that helps.

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Lovely ship. In the first picture you can't tell it is digital at all, it loks like the real thing. Lovely colours scheme, and I like the scary crew.

On ship size, the rules are clear: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=118542

A 2WR has 4 guns and 5 crew. Your ship has 8 guns and 9 crew, so could be various 3s or even a small 4WR. As far as I can see, there is no rule about calibre of guns. Hope that helps.

Only in highlighting some issues in the ship rules. This ship has less firepower in a given salvo than my last 2WR, the Bloody White Crow, to which no one raised any issues with the armament.

Nice looking vessel, Kaiju - very menacing colourscheme.

Generally, the rigging is working well, but the mizzen sail seems to be carried very high, which can hardly be conduvice to handling. :pir-wink: I would probably lower it, and add a square sail above it.

I agree with others that she could probably be a class 3 of some sort. (WR seems reasonable)

From a realism perspective, she does suffer heavily from the "house-on-a-hull"-syndrome, where her cabin is a separate entity from her hull. Historically, it would be an integrated part of the hull, and normally be no higher than that it would fit under a quarter- or poop-deck.

Overall, good work! :pir-blush: