Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

[ESL - FB1] If you want peace...

If you want peace, prepare for war! (Si vis pacem, para bella!)

~Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De Re Militari

25862836973_5882428832_z.jpg

Today, Elysabeth was bringing a visit to the newly-established armoury and weapons-factory in Elysabethtown. Altough she badly desired for peace, she wouldn't have war catch her off-guard.

Here, muskets were made.

25860523324_f0db10e61a_z.jpg

26399241651_7f12c94860_z.jpg

25862564623_6690487dec_z.jpg

At the other side of the manufactory, a smith is laying the last hand at her new armour, while the boy keeps the fire warm.

26373083432_19b20ea26d_z.jpg

25862563583_f3a13f2756_z.jpg

------------------------------------------

So, it was a funny build, hope you enjoyed! licensed as a small factory in Elysabethtown.

Very nice little factory, Titus! Current events in BoBS have have me too thinking of that quote! pirate_wink.gif

Nice floor/wall texture and arches/columns, and nice to see the process. I am wondering at two things: 1) What does the chain reflects? Is he polishing the wood? 2) Why is that smith banging his hammer on that musket? pirate_laugh2.gif

I would have liked a little more activity and some more implements for the workers, to fill out space more. Right now, it sort of looks like a warehouse only partly in use. or like the workers are on exhibition for us to see... pirate_tong.gif

And you post your pictures quite small - I think the rules on Eurobricks has been updated to 1000x800, but I am sure it can be at least 800x600. And, for the overview picture without the flags, I would have liked you to crop it - it is really easy - as we see a lot of "white space" around it.

Well done, and good to see Elysabethtown growing! pirate_blush.gif

Nice little factory. The textured floor looks good but all those raised floor tiles might affect the productivity output of your workers. They'll have to move slowly and watch out for those tripping hazards. If they trip and fall and end up out of work for injuries, they can sue you in Eslandola court. :laugh:

That is a nice little factory. I'm not too familiar with all the manufacturing processes you've shown, but they seem reasonable. It's also nice to see the progression from raw materials down to the end result.

The floor texture is excellent. Fantastic job with the various textured bricks and tiles. I also really like the furnace and the air blower.

I'll second what Bregir said and suggest you add some more activity. Right now it looks far too empty and some crates and additional minifigs would help it look much busier.

Nice texturing both on floor and on the walls! But if the Eslandolans would depend on your arsenal, then i am happy for your adversaries pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Oh, btw the worker is hammering (and then polishing) the musket in order to remove any cast imperfections. A standard procedure if you make nearly any cast metal item, especially at that age. I guess.

That floor is really great, I love the design. Really cool how you took the same design to the wall as well.

Cool build overall, but really, the floor stands out.

Neat little workshop. It has an industrious look, and while the details are pretty good, a little more could still fit the available space. I think my favorite part is the bellows - so simple, but a very nice design at that. If those workers stay busy you'll soon need to build a complete armory. :classic:

Very nice little factory, Titus! Current events in BoBS have have me too thinking of that quote! pirate_wink.gif

Nice floor/wall texture and arches/columns, and nice to see the process. I am wondering at two things: 1) What does the chain reflects? Is he polishing the wood? 2) Why is that smith banging his hammer on that musket? pirate_laugh2.gif

I would have liked a little more activity and some more implements for the workers, to fill out space more. Right now, it sort of looks like a warehouse only partly in use. or like the workers are on exhibition for us to see... pirate_tong.gif

And you post your pictures quite small - I think the rules on Eurobricks has been updated to 1000x800, but I am sure it can be at least 800x600. And, for the overview picture without the flags, I would have liked you to crop it - it is really easy - as we see a lot of "white space" around it.

Well done, and good to see Elysabethtown growing! pirate_blush.gif

Thank you sir! There should indeed be more activity in there, but my amount of fitting minifigs,is quite small. And that smith is polishing, as blackd. said, the metal part of the musket.

Nice little factory. The textured floor looks good but all those raised floor tiles might affect the productivity output of your workers. They'll have to move slowly and watch out for those tripping hazards. If they trip and fall and end up out of work for injuries, they can sue you in Eslandola court. :laugh:

One would almost think it good we don't have social laws and craftsmen-movements yet :wink:

Thank you!

That is a nice little factory. I'm not too familiar with all the manufacturing processes you've shown, but they seem reasonable. It's also nice to see the progression from raw materials down to the end result.

The floor texture is excellent. Fantastic job with the various textured bricks and tiles. I also really like the furnace and the air blower.

I'll second what Bregir said and suggest you add some more activity. Right now it looks far too empty and some crates and additional minifigs would help it look much busier.

Thank you, the texture was indeed my special focus for this build. And I indeed need more activity.

Nice texturing both on floor and on the walls! But if the Eslandolans would depend on your arsenal, then i am happy for your adversaries pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Oh, btw the worker is hammering (and then polishing) the musket in order to remove any cast imperfections. A standard procedure if you make nearly any cast metal item, especially at that age. I guess.

Thanks a lot blackd. , and you're right about the smith. I hope. :laugh:

Good scene, fine interior.

Thanks Cap'ain

That floor is really great, I love the design. Really cool how you took the same design to the wall as well.

Cool build overall, but really, the floor stands out.

Thank you Elostirion!

Great floor design !

Nice to see Elysabethtown is developping !

Good job !

Thanks, de la Manzana. You are no small cause in the expansion of Elysabethtown yourself!

Neat little workshop. It has an industrious look, and while the details are pretty good, a little more could still fit the available space. I think my favorite part is the bellows - so simple, but a very nice design at that. If those workers stay busy you'll soon need to build a complete armory. :classic:

Thanks Cap'ain! (other cap'ain, I mean :wink: ) I indeed think the bellow to be quite good, but you would be surprised at how much effort such a small thing can cause!