Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

[SR - FB4] The Devil's Fruits

Log Entry, Benjamin Morgan, Isla del Diablo

Slowly we made our way through the dense scrub, Fighting for every step against the vegetation. Or was it the island itself trying to keep invaders away? The soil for once was indeed fertile, as the rumours had promised. Not far away from our landing point we found the shiniest red chili peppers we had seen so far in the new world. Some unexpierenced crew members took it for a decent meal. One may blame us for not warning them. But at least we couldmost assuredly say that this indeed was the isle of the devil...

25835317804_29fb9f8704_b.jpg

Edited by Jacob Nion

Hot build, Jacob pir_laugh2.gif

Love the peppers, and that you added red and greens. Great explaination for the island's name thumbup.gif

Poor sailor on the left, but his facial expression is just priceless.

Good luck in conquering the rest of the island,

Keep it up!

Chili peppers! default_moar.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Great build, really nice work with the plants and good choice of expressions for the minifigures!

There's a quirky kind of brilliance here. Those papers are novel yet instantly recegoniziable. I just feel bad for those poor, ignorant sailors just hoping to stave off the scurvy.

Ha, ha, great minifig expressions once again, and the vegetation here looks even better than on you last! pirate_wink.gif Those peppers are neat in particular!

Great landscaping, vegetation and posing, Jacob. The peppers are brilliant, and I wonder how far these settlers will get, if they keep eating anything they come across! pirate_laugh2.gif

And as always, a pleasure to read your story!

Two questions: 1) Where are those bright green hands from, and 2) That scabbard thing for the cutlass - is that Lego? I have seen them in many different Mocs, but can't remember seeing them in a set. pirate_blush.gif

Two questions: 1) Where are those bright green hands from, and 2) That scabbard thing for the cutlass - is that Lego? I have seen them in many different Mocs, but can't remember seeing them in a set. pirate_blush.gif

The hands come from a bunch of places, chiefly on alien stuff, but the scabbards came in quite a few POTC sets a few years ago (I wasn't/am not into POTC, but thankfully ended up with at least one in white anyhow! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gif)

Lovely build. The vegetation and landscaping is great and the minifig poses and expressions are spot-on. I really love the palm tree design. I really have to try my hand at making one myself sometime.

Chili con carne anyone??? Excellent mini build, always with a nice touch of your photography skills and minifig posing and parts choice!

Inspired chilis, the bigger ones look delicious and the part usage is perfect :-)

Your plants are so cool. Great flair about that build. Time to send some tradeships for those chillis. :-)

This is an interesting story, and the build is really nice. The variety of vegetation looks perfect. Too bad for the poor souls who partake... Good idea and good work.