Sign in to follow this  
adde51

[MOC] Aetheria - floating island

Hopefully I post this in the right place :)

A floating island I made for Swebricks CB Aetheria, hopefully you enjoy it!

25985847980_8e5466feb5.jpgAetheria - main island pic 2 by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

26166251522_fff670b908.jpgAetheria - main island pic 3 by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

25985844860_5f00c09f8f.jpgAetheria - main island pic 4 by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

26192443541_f428d60fd9.jpgAetheria - main island - old man resting by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

26166244412_66ba7db75b.jpgAetheria - main island by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

26166247062_ccc28fe915.jpgAetheria - main island pic 6 by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

That is fantastic!

Are those tubes connected to whatever is helping it float? Or is it a boiler attachment of some sort?

Thank you! The idea bhind this CB is that the floating islands do so because light gases are trapped inside the soil/rock. The tubes you see are a part of a little contraption that is used to trap mist and convert it into water, which is then used to water some of the plants. A tleast, that's what I was going for, haha! :)

Good job. I really like the use of multiple colours for the roof, it's not something that I see often.

Thank you. I wanted to go "all in" with the fantasy-feeling on the roof. Been looking at quite a few of cesar soares creations so that was a big inspiration with the more assymetrical look/angles, etc.