Sign in to follow this  
Marishka

Elves MOC: Houses of magic arts and Dragon's Bakery wagon

Hello!

I've got some new sets and rebuilded my little kingdom :)

Here's two houses - one is something like magic workshop with crystal wall and tea room on second floor and another is special place for witchcraft with cauldron, tree, little wooden bridge and small room below decorated with weapons.

You may see some details are based on Ninjago Master Wu Dragon set - there's amazing dragon! For me that's best Ninjago set. Yeah, I think elves may like katanas! At least, it's just beautiful.

The goal was to make good color combinations according to Elves series idea - with little crazy sparkling color strikes everywhere. I absolutely like unusual, bright and rainbow-like color schemes! So I've tried two. Magenta and orange-yellow are too strong colors - I think they dominate good among dark and saturated warm colors.

1a0f0e2861e5e7cea56d363f63576aff.jpg

Every castle has it's secret:

a26af2938ea5e8d3eec3deea56f97bb3.jpg

47861f2fb9d744a5af425df466de587a.jpg

After building houses there left a lot of that bricks, and ah, those evil black horns! So here's wagon of Dragon's Bakery :)

5f75554bf3917be577cf84325a8f9781.jpg

All view:

a3f2bc9653db099ccdcfacacff1bbba7.jpg

b673ce52e232eb2196801cdae293955d.jpg

Thanks for watching! And please, exuse me for my bad english :(

Very lovely builds! I like them much more than this years sets so far. I like how you've built the crystals into the wall of the castle, and the colour combos are prefect.

I like them much more than this years sets so far.

Thank you! On my opinion, the best thing about lego is that if you have some details, you would have so many sets as you may build!

Also, I'm thinking what new set to buy: I can't choose between Treetop Hideaway with lot of cool brown pieces, leaves and large baseplates, and Secret Marketplace with very intresting theme, beautiful architecture details and funny dragon.

You might want to get the Treetop Hideaway first, as it's from last year's sets and will probably soon be no longer on the store shelves. While the Secret Market Place set is part of this year's sets for Lego Elves.

The first build has really nice colorsheme, but I think roof needs beter, more lighty colors. The crystals look great and I also adore the detailing on the wall!

The wagon is amazing! It's indeed a little to big and bulky for minifig, but design wise- georgous!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Something has happened to the pictures, and now they don't show up at all. :cry_sad:

Oh, that's strange, i reboot the page and it's okay :(

And you're right about Treetop! I hope I'll get both sets until end of the year :)

Sometimes I think it's strange that adult person is going to collect Lego, and it confuses me a bit, but building something is really great brain relax, much better than alcohol or videogames (espesially when you spend a whole dat before display at work) , so why not? :blush:

Yeah, I think part of the problem I had the other day with the pictures was when I was on the library computer [as if something on their computers didn't like the pictures?]. When I refreshed the page on my laptop, the pictures show up like they should.

If I can find a second set of the Bakery and Naida's Spa Secret, I just might have to try making a cart for the Bakery too! It's so cool!

The way that it's seemed to me, if one wants to make the sets match better with how they look in the mini movies and webisodes, it takes buying two of most of the sets, plus perhaps either buying all of the Creative Block Sets or making some Bricks & Pieces orders from LegoShop.com ---- and pieces from other sets; and some good problem-solving skills [to figure out which pieces might be needed].

super cool and not an imitation of the original sets, you get something very fresh going on here,

I prefer maybe the first, by himself, the colors of the second one are a bit too bold...

still I like the fire one's and the cart a lot as well, maybe without the dark spikes, a bit too "raganesque" ?

Thanks for your comments! I have principle "use all bricks you have!" :))) So maybe it forces me to some strange desicions, and I'll think how to rebuild it. Now I think bridge is too short and want to try separate those buildings and make witchouse little more spacious.

About horns: I wish that Ragana from the story were not be so definitely evil, I prefer if she would be like Malifecent or Nemi - wiser and with strange sense of humor.I think therefore little signs of her style would not seems too creepy and weird among other elves' stuff.It's my alternate vision, by the way :)

That's cool. I've been building the Lego Elves sets in kind of the same way. Sometimes switching parts from one set with another [if they match better or are the same piece - just in a color that better completes the building/set, or help expand the building/set]; or adding parts from non-Lego Elves sets [that help add to the building/set].

*Also, it's seemed like it takes two of each set [especially for the ones that make buildings], just to get a little closer to how they look in the mini movies and webisodes/episodes.

[i'm still working on that part, lol --- I figure that I'd better hurry and buy the year one sets before they're gone first, and then worry about this year's sets; and then figure out what other parts I would still need after to better expand each combined set].

There's a scene in "Dragons To Save, Time To Be Brave" (Part 1) where you see Flamy with a wagon/cart from the Magical Bakery in the Secret Market Place, near the Blacksmith's shop.