Looks nice! Simple, but effective. Did you test it with his truck or you just build it with pics?

Interesting.

You have almost 70 custom MOCs listed on your site.

Without ANY info about its creators.

Why?

It's a bug... we're working on it...

We want to introduce the designers with name, photo, etc.pp., if they want of course... but it doesn't work yet...

Edited by ScooterBoy

It's a bug... we're working on it...

Like having videos played by your own player, making finding their authors harder?

I really adore all those descriptions, so many letters, but it seems that between those bugs there's not enough space for nicknames of MOC creators...

I don't think so... you will see...

Well, so far I see my model:

http://www.technicdi...e=37&modell=283

With complete description, dimensions, and basically anything that could be written about this model.

Except information about who made it.

Know what? For someone who does not know LEGO builders at first (and second, and third) look your site looks like list of your own creations. Is it really that hard to write who made those models?

I will place your informations at first... i'm sorry for your affliction...

Do it with all MOCs.

This is Jurgen's moc why do you seem to portraying it as yours?

323-1.jpg

I also think its not right to be hosting the building instructions for the moc's with out the builder permission,that is assuming have have any.

Single picture with a link to another site with all the description? How hard is it to make a good initial post? :sadnew:

I also think its not right to be hosting the building instructions for the moc's with out the builder permission,that is assuming have have any.
Watermarking pictures such way doesn't seem to be good option as well.

Hello Matthias,

while I think your website is a great collection site and could be a good source for everyone, I totally agree with M_longer.

You made good and detailed descriptions for the models (yes, I speak german), and put great effort uniformising the pictures etc.

It is a proud feeling to see our builds being shared, but own video player instead of embedding, reformat the instructions instead of link to original sources, no credit for authors, own website name on pictures (ok, You cropped, and changed the background...). Well, these issues are rather questionable, especially, that all of these are connected to a webshop.

I am pretty sure, most of the builders - me too - would allow for You to share their MOCs on Your website with proper conditions, but as it is, seems has passed the borders of common ethics. :sceptic:

Why?

Many of us put enormous effort to digitalise and publish their MOCs, just to share the fun, without any economical advantage thought behind. The minimum is to say "Thank You" with giving credits.

Please recover all items, with properly linked original sources (videos, instructions).

Thank You in advance:

http://www.technicdi...e=37&modell=366

Edited by agrof

Hi,

thank you for your post. I'see I 've made a mistake. I'm sorry about that. The work is in progress. So we will place the necessary informations immediately.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Hi,

Most likely you are aware of the issues at hand. I think we all feel the same about your approach.

Please fix the "bugs" within a day or two, so I won't have to lock this topic.

Why do you call "not writing the designers names in the description" bugs anyway?! This is not how we do things at Eurobricks. Hope you understand.

Hello.

As Matthias / Scooterboy has now corrected his mistake and in any description of the Mocs calls the name of the designer.

Is it the times throw at the time you have a look at the design and construction of the trailer !!

Just as it usually does on Euro Bricks at a set Moc ...

best regards

As Matthias / Scooterboy has now corrected his mistake and in any description of the Mocs calls the name of the designer.

This is a much welcome change. :thumbup:

Hi Matthias,

First point, more important since it's a community issues, I appreciated the corrections about builders attributions, but, if I can give an advice, adding a link to the builder page would be better and would be more appreciated by the community and your site would be even more appreciated.

Second point, really good job with the trailer, but maybe some pics or better a video could give it more visibility.

For all the others:

I have to point out that I'm not involved (if not for the model inspirations and some WIP pics) in this project. So if someone will ask me about that, I can't give an answer. :grin:

I allready have build the tracktor truck desingd by lucio. Now i am building the ACT also designd by lucio and i am working on a model of my own. When those are ready, i think i will purcase the intstructions for the trailor. Even when i dont no where to put my finished models.. :grin:

Other issues (reported above) aside, I think it's a good initiative to have grouped all such great !MOCs under one roof, so to speak. Of course, proper credit needs to be given to original authors as well as relevant links. Now, few comments about the site: I do not speak/read german so, like most of us, I go to these websites for the pictures. As such, I found the pictures rather small and very difficult to peruse. Yes, the pages are very dense and it seems the author wanted to 'cram' as much info as possible. But, having to click on every picture to see a slightly bigger version is more distraction/annoyance than it is worth (my opinion only, of course). I think we should aim for large pictures, such as those on pinterest, so that the site visitor can get an idea of the content without getting fingers sore from multiple clicks (has not happened yet but ... ).

All in all, in this modern day and age, redundancy (same info available from multiple sites) is a good thing assuming again, proper credit is given. We also need to keep in mind that some web servers shut down, others slowly disappear .. so redundancy is a good idea. That's what akamai (an MIT startup) was based on.

All the best with the site.

Edited by DrJB

Hi

Here some pictures...

17737b.JPG

17738b.JPG

This is the Beta Version of the steering.

In the final version are used 2 Servos.

17743b.JPG

Here with optional hand pump for the pneumatic functions.

17773b.JPG

Thanks to turocha.

Regards Johann alias technicbaasics