tsi

[MOC] LEGO KÖF Hohenweststedt

Hi,

near the Danish border, in Hohenweststedt / Germany, was the 1st German LEGO distribution center.

On this premises LEGO used in the 80ies an own KÖF locomotive in original yellow colour scheme.

2685715714_f8475e19dc_z.jpg

You'll find background infos in the railbricks magazine #8.

The model has no motor. My goal was to create the KÖF in "LEGO scale":

That means, it is a little bit smaller than the original and the buffers are on a compatible hight to other trains.

You'll find more pictures in my brickshelf gallery.

Thanks for watching!

ThomaS

1.lego-koef.png

lego-koef_seite_hinten.png

lego-koef-seite.png

lego-koef_vorne.png

lego-koef-hinten.png

Awesome looking KÖF. How did you make the upside down bottom with the stairs?

The ideal embodied in the Lego. Excellent copy and a very distinctive style of building Lego trains

Put this thing on LEGO Ideas, please. It might actually have a chance of reaching 10.000 votes. Maybe it could even be powered using a yellow battery box.

Edited by vclarke

Nice version of the Köf! Slightly bigger scale than mine ;-)

Pity you couldn't get the motor in.

Fantastic job.

Put this thing on LEGO Ideas, please. It might actually have a chance of reaching 10.000 votes. Maybe it could even be powered using a yellow battery box.

Not every good looking model needs to be put on Lego Ideas, it's already cluttered with thousands of impossible projects. This would never get made, too finicky and too many old out of production pieces.

Thanks to everybody for your friendly comments :classic:

Put this thing on LEGO Ideas, please.

I don't think too that such a model has a real chance for a nomination ...

too finicky and too many old out of production pieces.

Even If I would fix this, I don't think that railway-sets have such a huge fan base for a nomination as an ideas projekt.

If it's a train from a popular movie or tv-serial ... Ok. But a small local yellow KÖF without electric motor ... never.

There have been a lot of very expressive locomotive sets on ideas from well known designers, all without any chance. Unfortunately.

But such a model would be perfect in the line of the "inside tour sets", models out of the LEGO history. Who knows which models will follow ...

Slightly bigger scale than mine ;-)

Surely I know your great interpretation of the Hohenweststedt KÖF some years ago, fantastic job too. :thumbup:

I especially liked your solution with the cup for the lights ... My problem was, that I absolutely wanted to have a black cup for the upper light ...

If someone wants to build a replic of the KÖF: feel free!

I can offer a zip-File of pictures with some building steps of a pre-version, just send me a pn.

Thanks

ThomaS

Hi,

I created an additional small weight depot, which was already shown this summer in Rüsselsheim (D):

30621-Gueterverladen-Front-R%C3%BCsselsh

backside_gueterverlade.jpg

The model is now prepared for the ShowCase-Box in the LEGO store in Frankfurt, I had to make some smaller compromises.

But finally I had now the chance to make some detailed photos:

1.front4.jpg

back2.jpg

detail2.jpg

The greenhouse is a DUPLO part.

back3.jpg

Parts of the half timbered house structure were 1st shown of my BFRM colleague Kai, I adapted and modified his building technique.

detail3.jpg

detail1.jpg

side2.jpg

The brown door in the roof is onyl know as 'right' version, I had to switch a 2nd one with stud downside  :D

side1.jpg

On the house side I added old electricity isolators, which you can still find on old houses in Germany.

front5.jpg

The buffer is originally build from  Dave Stannard. The 2CV basis from Hoexbroe.
The wagon shows special load: Who knows?

wagon_with_old_molding_machine_2.jpg

...  an old green molding machine and the famous old wooden LEGO duck in the blue box

As usual, I used a lot of old parts: The flag, some Fabuland parts or the old windows.

So long,
thanks for watching 

:)

ThomaS

That looks gorgeous, I especially love the items on the wagon and the electricity isolators, even if they are somewhat hidden being the same colour as the building. Very interesting building techniques and parts usage all round, well done.

I love that half-timber technique!

The rest isn't bad either ;-)

WOW! That is an amazing build, so rich in detail and many great ideas. The greenhouse is brilliant, but then lingering there is so much more that comes out (and the load on the flatcar is equally clever).

The whole setup is great. Plenty of detail all around and everything blends together. And the Duplo greenhouse is a scream.

Wow indeed. This is stunning. Brilliant use of that DUPLO green house here! The timberwork looks amazing. And a lot of nice details. I like the telephone/electricity connection to the wall. Simple but very clever.