Sign in to follow this  
JesusIsLord

LDD Lego Ideas MOC: Amtrak Amfleet I Series Passenger Cars (5 Pictures

Taking a break from my High Speed Train Project, I decided to once again attempt an Amfleet car, easier said than done due to the curved design of the car, I also plan on building a AEM-7 to go with it and upload the locomotive and passenger car to Lego Ideas.

The carriage is 8 studs wide, I attempted to make it 6 studs wide since it's going on Lego Ideas, but because of the way the body of the passenger car curves inwards on the bottom (and top), it looked horrible being 6 studs wide. The car contains 22 seats and a bathroom (inspired by the Horizon Express bathroom), opening external doors, I have not built internal doors (yet), the real train has sliding doors, but that is not possible (at least for me, I'm sure someone else could do it) with LEGO, currently the passenger car contains 662 pieces, but that number will be increased when I add opening internal doors. The bogies are able to swivel 360 degrees which will allow them to turn with ease on the tight turns of standard LEGO track.

amfleet1.png

amfleet2.png

amfleet3.png

amfleet4.png

amfleet5.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Please also check out Shupp's Amtrak AEM-7 and Amfleet Coach from 2011.

Thanks for reading, God Bless

Christ be with you all

.lxf file: http://www.mediafire...mp15/amtrak.lxf

Edited by JesusIsLord

Nice! The door hinges won't work for sure though. I tried in real life and it doesn't work.

Nice! The door hinges won't work for sure though. I tried in real life and it doesn't work.

Thanks for letting me know, it's a bugger, how else could I do doors in that size then?

The door design on the Emerald Night and Horizon Express are nice but too unrealistic for me, I would rather have non-functioning simulated doors, which would probably prevent the project from getting support.

God Bless

Christ be with you

Edited by JesusIsLord