Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

My avatar... The director cut

I feel the need to share with you all my wonderful creation that I modified to use as my avatar. It was 400DPI so its been resized and looks a little bit off. But you get the idea.

pirate_lego_online.jpg

Awesome job!

One thing though. Wouldn't it make more sense to say LEGO Pirates instead of Pirates LEGO?

It didn't seem to make a difference. People know what it means, or perhaps too stupid to know any different. I suppose I could experiment a bit and move the words about but I'm too frazzled to be bothered at the moment. One day...

You didn't say something nice then did you Mr Wolf?

Actually I only ever put one up on a bullient board in a super market and they took it down in under 2 weeks.

It didn't seem to make a difference. People know what it means, or perhaps too stupid to know any different. I suppose I could experiment a bit and move the words about but I'm too frazzled to be bothered at the moment. One day...

You didn't say something nice then did you Mr Wolf?

HUH???

The images came from eBay auctions, the background was designed in Bryce and the rest was designed and put together in Fireworks. I like it a lot better than Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw, etc.

Yes Fireworks is brilliant with its "Live Effects" system the way you don't need to convert vector objects into raster images before you can apply filters to them. And if you don't like the filter you can go back and adjust it, whearas in the other programs you've got to undo the filter and reapply it. Which can be tedious getting it just right.

I feel the need to share with you all my wonderful creation that I modified to use as my avatar.

Hey, nice work, now I need one for castle.... ;)

God Bless,

Nathan

Why thank you Norro!

Just pay me lots of money and I'll whip one up for you.

If your service is as fast as your posted replys I think you could have a good business going :) ...

God Bless,

Nathan

Absolutely!

"You certainly don't muck around when it comes to doing these updates" were comments by one of my clients for the promptness of my work.

I've never heard of Fireworks. Appears to be an awesome program though. Is it hard to learn? I have Paint Shop Pro 8 and a few others, and I find most of these programs pretty difficult to learn.

Fireworks has a nice set of tutorials to get you started. I found it easy to learn myself.

Fireworks has a nice set of tutorials to get you started.  I found it easy to learn myself.

It's because he's a pirate captain... The mate does it all while he sleeps...

God Bless,

Norro

Why thank you V()()D()()!

However I'd already seen most of those because I get eBay to automatically Email the search results, and usually I do a manual search each day too. But thank you for your brilliant efforts. Someone reward this chap immediately!

Why thank you V()()D()()!

However I'd already seen most of those because I get eBay to automatically Email the search results, and usually I do a manual search each day too. But thank you for your brilliant efforts. Someone reward this chap immediately!

you are welcome. Just thought I'd share it with you

http://search.ebay.com.au/lego-pirates_W0Q...ntrypageZsearch