itsnickg

[MOC] My mini UCS Millennium Falcon

This is my first post on this forum but i have been lurking for some time.

I have a pretty huge lego collection and have always wanted to have a crack at cresting my own realistic looking Millennium Falcon.

I was inspired by a few different MOCs I have seen on this site and some others i have come across on the internet.

It is based on the 75105 platform but completely reworked exterior as you can see.

The entire bottom of the ship remains untouched (for now), and so does the interior.

I spent weeks working on this and lots of time spent on trial and error. I must say the hardest part was the cockpit and getting it to look as slick as possible.

I wanted the cylindrical cockpit as close as the real thing as possible which wasn't easy to achieve in this scale but I feel happy with the end result.

The entire back piece is one entire "plate" which can slide off easily so you can see the interior including the hyper drive.

The front plates also come off and the middle in between the mandibles still has the same hinge mechanism as per the original instructions.

I hope you like what I have come up with, I am interested to hear any feedback or further comments that can help me improve it!

img_6545.jpg

img_6546.jpg

img_6548.jpg

img_6550.jpg

img_6551.jpg

img_6552.jpg

img_6556.jpg

img_6557.jpg

img_6559.jpg

img_6560.jpg

Thanks

Nick

This is what the (non-UCS) official Lego MF should have looked like! I'd buy this in an instant if it were a set. Great job. Do you have pictures of the interior, though? :)

This is a great build! Sometimes I wish the normal sized ships had a bit more detail - but I guess that would make them too expensive :)

I have one suggestion - if you could move the six exhaust vents on the back quadrant two studs closer to the base of the quad cannon. The would be more in line with the film version - and give you space for even more details ;)

Good job!

I had to stare at your topic title for a bit, just trying to decipher what Mini UCS exactly meant. Great gorgeous greebling did that description fit! Excellent rendition of the exterior!

Wow, looks like a scaled down Marshal Banana Millennium Falcon—fantastic!

Thanks! I had no idea what "Marshal Banana" was but after googling i found out and YES that is where i got alot of ideas from especially the cockpit section :)

This is what the (non-UCS) official Lego MF should have looked like! I'd buy this in an instant if it were a set. Great job. Do you have pictures of the interior, though? :)

Thanks! I agree :) I have used many more parts though so I imagine it would cost alot more. I have interior pictures and will upload tonight to show you how it all goes together.

This is a great build! Sometimes I wish the normal sized ships had a bit more detail - but I guess that would make them too expensive :)

I have one suggestion - if you could move the six exhaust vents on the back quadrant two studs closer to the base of the quad cannon. The would be more in line with the film version - and give you space for even more details ;)

Good job!

I like your idea about moving the six exhaust vents closer to the centre. I might try it soon and see how it goes.

That looks incredible! I tried modding mine with only iffy results..

I know it's a big ask, but ANY chance you could provide some breakdown shots of how you made the mods? Would love to replicate!

Absolutely stunning work!

Cheers!

Tom

That looks incredible! I tried modding mine with only iffy results..

I know it's a big ask, but ANY chance you could provide some breakdown shots of how you made the mods? Would love to replicate!

Absolutely stunning work!

Cheers!

Tom

THanks! its alot more than just a mod - its pretty much an entire re work - even the structure of the centre was re done.

the Mandibles are completely re done from scratch. Like i said - the only part un touched is the base.

I am posting pics now of the interior and how it all goes together - stay tuned

This looks really good. Can the cockpit be closed up with figures in it?

Thanks! no unfortunately i cant close the cockpit.. its soooo close and i tried for hours many different ways but couldnt get it.

A lot of thought and design went into this and it shows.

Nice work Nick

Thanks! yes i spent alot of time day by day working out each and every section. it is very solid which is what i wanted so you can still pick it up without sections falling apart.

img_6812.jpg

img_6813.jpg

img_6814.jpg

img_6815.jpg

img_6816.jpg

img_6817.jpg

img_6818.jpg

img_6820.jpg

img_6837.jpg

img_6829.jpg

img_6834.jpg

img_6831.jpg

img_6821.jpg

img_6824.jpg

img_6828.jpg

As stated previously, awesome! I really like the back-section.

You're a legend for putting up those extra photos!

Spend a hour or so in LDD re-creating the back "roof" as well as the top quadrant that has the radar on it.

Hoping you can take and put up some more photos of the mandibles as well as the cockpit quadrant from a few different angles?

Will be happy to share the LDD files once I have done them :) (if that's okay with you of course..)

Also, I have the older falcon, so wondering if you have modified the engine area and the lower part of them?mif so, would a few more pics be possible?

Cheers again for the awesome redesign!

Great stuff! The flatness of the top really makes it looks much more grand. I was never a fan of the official pizza slice roof.

You're a legend for putting up those extra photos!

Spend a hour or so in LDD re-creating the back "roof" as well as the top quadrant that has the radar on it.

Hoping you can take and put up some more photos of the mandibles as well as the cockpit quadrant from a few different angles?

Will be happy to share the LDD files once I have done them :) (if that's okay with you of course..)

Also, I have the older falcon, so wondering if you have modified the engine area and the lower part of them?mif so, would a few more pics be possible?

Cheers again for the awesome redesign!

No worries, someone else on this forum made a MOC recently and I used his idea for the mandibles... as i said they are completely re done from scratch - it took ages I actually re built them about 4 times over, as each time making minor adjustments.

I would rather not separate the mandibles at all though.

Cockpit quadrant was the biggest nightmare. i will try and separate it and see if i can take some photos that will be useful to you.

what engine area are you referring to exactly?

img_6559.jpg

It looks really good but that top gap between he center circle and the corridor from the cockpit bugs me; the side with the 2x2 corner slopes. There has to be a way to cover that up, maybe with wedge plates.

Edited by gotoAndLego

The perfect Falcon, if only Lego would produce that, the look of the UCS set but without its coffee table sized dust magnet :wink:

I love it.

This is great, and reminds me of another topic from a month or so back, take a look, yours and his are very similar.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117354

Yes this is where I was inspired from! I built the mandibles in a very similar way as to how this one was done. However the rest was different.

It looks really good but that top gap between he center circle and the corridor from the cockpit bugs me; the side with the 2x2 corner slopes. There has to be a way to cover that up, maybe with wedge plates.

This has also bugged me for ages.. I'll fix it soon and show you a new pic.