Sign in to follow this  

Any idea on how these headlights swivel up?

I was looking at this great Ideas project.

However, I have no idea how the headlights work: https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/migrated/b32/5f6/32898/image

You can see the car with the headlights down on this page: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/12170

Any ideas on how you would attach those headlights to swivel up just like the original car?

I'm pretty sure they don't. If you look at the pictures where the lights are down, there are 2 1x2 tiles between the cheese slope and the the windshield, and when they're up it's a 1x2 and a 1x1 tile. Unless they had a way to both flip down the 1x2 and swing in a 1x1, I'm guessing it's a case of it being manually changed to that configuration rather than an actual swivel function.

I'm pretty sure they don't. If you look at the pictures where the lights are down, there are 2 1x2 tiles between the cheese slope and the the windshield, and when they're up it's a 1x2 and a 1x1 tile. Unless they had a way to both flip down the 1x2 and swing in a 1x1, I'm guessing it's a case of it being manually changed to that configuration rather than an actual swivel function.

Very good point, I fear you're right :sadnew:

Since you have a keen eye for detail, any idea on a compact swivel mechanism?

I was meaning these:

4531.gif4275.gif

But actually these might work better:

18677.jpg?1

I suggest you look around brick-link and see if it gives you any ideas....I do that sometimes.