Loves Houses

[MOC] Grand Hotel Ocean View

20% OFF - The famous Grand Hotel Ocean View has re-opened this weekend after a major renovation.

Lots of people from all over the world are already shuffling in taking advantage of the nice re-opening deal.

25855778294_01dd012bee_c.jpg

Front side of the hotel.

26394487101_f0e9e7c0f3_c.jpg

Back side of the hotel.

The seasoned reception chef Mr. Smith is quite unimpressed by little queues and special request of all sorts.

He's heard it all before.

26187787780_93635cbd56.jpg

The first guest have found their way up to the roof top and are enjoying a sunbath - astonishing as I forgot the stairs. :wub:

26187791720_08a9c63256.jpg

Some more impressions of scenes @ the hotel.

26434724226_70a69f1836.jpg26187787110_42e1d17338.jpg

For convenience the hotel is right side by side with Palace Cinema and Brick Bank.

25857825563_e4dc19bb64_c.jpg

On hotel booking pages the chambers with showers and king-size beds on belle etage are highlighted.

26368321482_5fb26eed11_c.jpg

Here is the overview of the elements of the modular build.

25857816413_f663afa2ff_c.jpg.

More details and pics can be found on Flickr.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Loves Houses

Unless you have a street at the back of those Modulars, you seem to have the Grand Hotel the wrong way round?

That is a good model either way. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Some great details here, like the flooring in the lobby and the glass awning, but I also think that the back of the hotel looks grander than the front.

Unless you have a street at the back of those Modulars, you seem to have the Grand Hotel the wrong way round?

... and ...

Some great details here, like the flooring in the lobby and the glass awning, but I also think that the back of the hotel looks grander than the front.

The good thing with Lego is that unlike in real life one can simply turn it round ;-) For Kristel and Venunder I present here an alternate version where the ocean is on the other side :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

25874190883_e36f48e877_c.jpg

Thanks very much to all for your replies - great motivation push to start the next MOC. :excited: :excited:

Edited by Loves Houses

^^ That does look better with the white side facing the "main street".

If the ocean is now behind the buildings you may need to modify the back of the bank and the cinema? :thumbup:

20% off for such a nice hotel?

Seems to be a good deal!

I agree with the others that the rear side wins over the front side :laugh:

The mosaic on the ground of the first floor is fantastic!

If the ocean is now behind the buildings you may need to modify the back of the bank and the cinema? :thumbup:

Haha, funny - Yeah, I might consider a few MODs.

Thanks to all the others for your comments.

Well this is grand!

I'll bet Mr. Smith has heard his fill of these jokes as well, no?

Of course he's heard that - and all the other jokes and less joky whining hotel guest of the sort "Why is it called 'ocean view' when my (cheeply booked for the extra-special rate but nobody tells this ;-)) room has a view to the street only..."

But Mr. Smith manages all that with a nonchalant smile and feels a little bit more invincible each time it happens.