Elostirion

[ESL - FB1] The Nova Terreli River Port

Island: Nellisa

Settlement: Nova Terreli

Licence-Type: Commerce (large)

Owner: Román Esteban Fontonajo

26355484192_2857b4f388_b.jpg

Román Esteban Fontonajo had long ago realised that while sending ships across the open sea towards other islands was crucial to his family's success in the new

world, upholding transport and trade on the island of Nellisa was almost equally as important.

The River Port in Nova Terreli at the shores of the Terreli River has been and is till today the single most important transportation hub towards the inner parts of the

island. Román had started setting up his warehouse and many other buildings a long while ago in the heart of the River Port and still controls most commerce going

on. Every day of the week a lot is going on in the river port of the glorious city of Nova Terreli.

25842914554_a1e169fefe_c.jpg

People are loading and unloading goods to the ships, and trade at the market stands of the crowded streets.

26447787015_4bbd66ba1d_c.jpg

Románs uncle Raphael views the city from the balcony of the warehouse besides a business partner of the family.

26381596411_dabc861cf9_c.jpg

Two soldiers in the service of Queen Annetta from Corrington arrive in a small rowing boat.

26174934960_6542ac2831_c.jpg

As always there is a helping hand, welcoming the guests to the River Port. Román's brother Rialto Espada watches carefully.

26381587161_0e0fdd669e_c.jpg

The Oleander officer seems a bit lost at the customs office, paying his toll.

25842938044_d2d8fd61ef_c.jpg

Román does know the value of toll for both his and the city's pockets.

26447758165_19b71d8382_c.jpg

A wagoner is bringing some cotton from the plantations. Of course he is drinking while driving, as everyone should do.

26355458152_a756343c25_c.jpg

However some people, according to the looks on their faces and the knife in the boat waiting for them, can't be up to no good.

26447776245_2b2537c70b_c.jpg

Románs eldest Juan Alfonso Fontonajo rides through the streets, heading towards an important meeting ...

25844935523_07b10dcf3e_c.jpg

While Román himself and his wife Clarissa Raltessa watch the scenery from the roof of their warehouse.

26381630341_b4a8ccdab7_c.jpg

The Nova Terreli River Port is key to the success of the Fontonajo family and the city of Nova Terreli

Edited by Elostirion

That's an awesome builds! All the different colours look preety good, and you user a lot of techniques, wich all worked out pretty well! Keep it up!

Excellent work !

With such a port there is no way Eslandola will stay back the other factions !

Congrats ! Good job !

This colorful MOC desires to be looked at! Colors are great, minifig bustling is also great and all your roofs are great (tiles, round bricks, tents etc)

Congratulations on this build! It has many great details, to much to name all of them, but I'll try :wink: What immediately draws my attention is the blue house, it's truely lovely! The portico (not sure if that's the right name) under the balcony of the orange house fits the setting very well. The quay is awesome too, with all the activity going on, the wooden crane, the toll cabinet and the yellow-green striped stand (nice technique there). :wub: A subtle but splendid detail is the use of sand green masonry bricks just above the waterline, due to the long exposure to sea water. :thumbup: Eh, what else? Ah, right, those boats! Very nice work man, keep it up! pirate_classic.gifthumbup.gif

Fantastic work! Your colorful style looks so good, and the bustle and activity of this scene are very realistic! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Wow. You certainly set the bar for what a large build should strive for. Well thought out building structure and a dynamic scene with proper background story.

Hopefully this shows up in a convention display in the future.

That's an awesome builds! All the different colours look preety good, and you user a lot of techniques, wich all worked out pretty well! Keep it up!

Thank you, I am always keen on expanding my repertoire of techniques.

This is sooooo pretty that it hurts my eyes default_wubnew.gif

Thank you for the nice comment, mdae me happy. I will try to continue hurting you. ;-)

What a nice and lively port scene! Absolutely excellent! Fab!

So colourful, so friendly!

One of the things I love about BoBS: It does not only have war and dark scenes but so much loveliness.

Beautiful port! I love the wooden dock and the orange building! good job! pir_laugh2.gif

I am quite happy with how the wooden dock turned out as well, thanks!

Excellent work !

With such a port there is no way Eslandola will stay back the other factions !

Congrats ! Good job !

Thank you so much - for our Dubloons... ehrm... King and country of course!

So bright and full of life, I really like this build.

Thank you, I will continue to keep Nova Terreli shine even brighter in the future.

This colorful MOC desires to be looked at! Colors are great, minifig bustling is also great and all your roofs are great (tiles, round bricks, tents etc)

Thank you so much! I am quite happy with most of the minifigs, which I feel often lacked in many of my previous builds.

Congratulations on this build! It has many great details, to much to name all of them, but I'll try :wink: What immediately draws my attention is the blue house, it's truely lovely! The portico (not sure if that's the right name) under the balcony of the orange house fits the setting very well. The quay is awesome too, with all the activity going on, the wooden crane, the toll cabinet and the yellow-green striped stand (nice technique there). :wub: A subtle but splendid detail is the use of sand green masonry bricks just above the waterline, due to the long exposure to sea water. :thumbup: Eh, what else? Ah, right, those boats! Very nice work man, keep it up! pirate_classic.gifthumbup.gif

What a nice comment, thank you so much! And thank you for noticing all those small details. I did my best. :-)

Fantastic work! Your colorful style looks so good, and the bustle and activity of this scene are very realistic! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you. Half a year ago all I could think about were grey, brown and tan - now I love my orange, blue, green and purple. But as always credit goes to kabel for setting the general appearance and style of our beloved Nova Terreli. I just followed and executed.

Wow. You certainly set the bar for what a large build should strive for. Well thought out building structure and a dynamic scene with proper background story.

Hopefully this shows up in a convention display in the future.

Wow, thank you! I've never been to a Lego convention, at least not since my childhood. Maybe. At least I am trying to not disassemble the build anytime soon. Well, that is until the next projects start requiring bricks. The minifigs won't last long on there I am afraid. I just hope another build won't claim the bricks too soon.

great port side and quite what I imagine Nova Terreli to look like. But please let me do the seaside port, I've been working on it for more than half a year already!

Wow, thank you! I've never been to a Lego convention, at least not since my childhood. Maybe. At least I am trying to not disassemble the build anytime soon.

where in Germany do you live? I've got a big car and can take you to Antwerpen too. Legostone will come with me as well.

Apparently I missed a lot of builds this month, since I am just now seeing this. I really like the action portrayed, and the posing of the minifigures. The water also turned out really well. I love the one rowboat closeup with the wood designed plates in it. Makes it look realistic. There are a lot of other details that make this scene very awesome. Great job!

I missed this one too, so colourful, so much going on. It's just cool, I like the idea of using all the small boats and vessels in the port, looks really good.

Edited by BrickOn

great port side and quite what I imagine Nova Terreli to look like. But please let me do the seaside port, I've been working on it for more than half a year already! where in Germany do you live? I've got a big car and can take you to Antwerpen too. Legostone will come with me as well.

I am so much looking forward to your big seaside port now! I will definitely leave this one up to you, however I might add a building fitting at the edge of your seaside port. Or a ship arriving.

I will PM you about that Antwerpen idea.

Apparently I missed a lot of builds this month, since I am just now seeing this. I really like the action portrayed, and the posing of the minifigures. The water also turned out really well. I love the one rowboat closeup with the wood designed plates in it. Makes it look realistic. There are a lot of other details that make this scene very awesome. Great job!

Thank you. As I stated above, I am really happy with my unusual success in minifig posing in this build, glad you guys think alike.

Thanks for noticing the details on the rowboat as well.

I missed this one too, so colourful, so much going on. It's just cool, I like the idea of using all the small boats and vessels in the port, looks really good.

Thank you. As The Fontonajo's say: "Not only the big ones bring us fortune."

This is a fabulous port scene. Besides being very colorful it is richly detailed - a feast for the eyes. All the different features go together really well and the assortment of small boats make it look very busy. The collection of minifigs is great, and the poses are perfect; my only issue is the double-sided heads look bad with tricornes (which is why I hate those heads...) There are lots of good port scenes here on EB and this ranks among my favorites. Good work. :classic:

Well, I just want to chime in with the choir and say that this is a brillant scene, with great attention to detail and brilliant composition. Well done!

I am certain I commented on this, but I must have forgotten to post it before. There is so much to like here. Great colorful scene of a tropical river port. Enough detail to break up the buildings somewhat plain texture (on their own), and their combination makes this a lovely build. I love that toll booth in both idea and execution.

Fantastic scene! I love the bright and colourful architecture. There's so much to discover. I love builds which make you imagine the whole city by just guving you a glimpse of three or four houses.

Excellent work!