96 members have voted

1. 1. Fav Islanders set

• 6236 King Kahuka
    • 6246 Crocodile Cage
    • 6256 Islander Catamaran
    • 6262 King Kahuka's Throne
    • 6264 Forbidden Cove
    • 6278/6292 Enchanted Island

Two posts in a row, one of Norro and one of Phes are looking very screwed up, the email tab is where the text should be. I've noticed this in one or two other threads lately.

That's strange indeed.

Maybe a virus has infected the forum :-)

Which set did you vote for oo7?

You must have lots of expertise on the Islanders since you have one in your signature.

That's strange indeed.

Maybe a virus has infected the forum :-)

A virus doesn't effect the forum but the server the website is hosted on. But that is pretty unlikely, I think it is just an unintended glitch in the HTML coding. But nomatter what the case why the cute little smile?

Which set did you vote for oo7?

You must have lots of expertise on the Islanders since you have one in your signature.

That's not an islander, it's Emporer Achu, an aztec king from the Jungle/Amazon Adventurers theme. I didn't vote yet, and I don't know what to choose.

I voted for 6278 enchanted island for obvious reasons. Excellent large baseplates, a rope bridge, lots of figs including a female, some green plant leaves, a couple boats and overall nice colours. Add it all up and there is no rival to this set.

I do not own 6264 forbidden cove and 1788 pirate's chest although the latter seems to be a great set that is still on my wanted list.

A virus doesn't effect the forum but the server the website is hosted on. But that is pretty unlikely, I think it is just an unintended glitch in the HTML coding. But nomatter what the case why the cute little smile?

That's not an islander, it's Emporer Achu, an aztec king from the Jungle/Amazon Adventurers theme. I didn't vote yet, and I don't know what to choose.

The smile was because I was just joking when I suggested there was a virus on the forum.

Now I see that he is not an islander. For an untrained eye (I don't have any islanders and only 1 adventurers set) he can be mistaken for an islander. I like that fig. Will try to get one via BL.

I chose the Forbidden Cove! This set looks really cool. But the Enchanted Island is very great, too! As I am doing a Islander MOC its very interesting to see what exists (I do not have any Islander sets; the MOC is made from Apo's collection!)

-Aredhel

Some browsers, at least Firefox, sometimes display a thread incorrectly like the error that some of you see (I see it too, and am using FF).

I've only got King Kahuka and Crocodile Cage, besides Pirates Treasure Chest. 8-| I think King Kahuka's Throne is pretty good.

I'll always go with the set with the most mini-figs as now days Lego don't put many mini-figs into their sets. Are they expensive to make or what?

Regards, a very annoyed Captain Zuloo :-(

I like 1788-treasure chest the most, but since that isn't on here, I'll have to go with 6264-forbidden cove.

I really liked enchanted island a lot as a kid, but now, I think the forbidden cove design is better, it's nice for a medium sized set. But I would've wanted a sail for the pirate boat, since I dont have any small sails from the pirate theme :pir-hmpf_bad: (Only sails I have come from armada flagship and that black knights castle boat, but the latter is in bad shape)

My vote goes to the Islander Catamaran, mostly because of the parts (two minifigs, two canoes, two parrots).

Enchanted Island all the way, such a good jungle set, and it can be used for the pirates as well (with some small enhancements)

I voted for the islander catamaran, it looks really nice, in my opinion^^

I had to vote for the King Kahuka's throne as it's the biggest one I own. Crocodile Cage and King Kahuka are O.K. but are small so don't have that much detail packed into them :pir-sceptic: .

Enchanted Island because I don't own a single Islander set adn I wish I did, so I went all out,.

i chose the catamaran because its the islanders only source of transport really, and because i collect all the ships, and the islander faction has no real "ship", this is the best i can get.

i think treasure chest was a great set, although i don't own it, i checked out the building instructions on peeron, and found that it was much cooler than the box's picture. it has lots of features like the pull out rock thing, and the lookout, and also the fire, cups, and weaponry the pirates keep there. the set was really useful, for example a pirate outpost island taken control by captain red beard the second(does that man have a specific name? that's just what i called him when playing with him).

i think this poll was a very difficult to answer question, and so it stumbled some people, and so the information collected from the discussion shows me that islanders weren't really that popular, and also that LEGO didn't explore the islander universe enough for all of us to explore and love. im started to understand LEGO's theory of why "LEGO pirates isnt a classic theme and so its not going to stay on the market forever, blah blah blah".

^ i write ALOT. :pir-laugh:

Edited by andy0002

I went with Forbidden Cove. I don't have Enchanted Island, so I couldn't choose it and Forbidden Cove is my favorite out of all the rest.

King Kahuka's Throne. A lovely set with plenty of minifigs and accesories that captured the theme's feeling well. I was fortunate enough to pick it up locally MISB for $35. :pir-cry_happy:

7-8 years ago my school got the re-released Enchanted Island from someone/something (don't know who or what) and I completely loved it. Of course I was one of the first to start building it. :pir-cry_happy:

So it's definitely Enchanted Island for me.

Edited by DarthPineapple