mortesv

[MOC] NEW UCS Nebulon B - Medical Frigate 'Redemption'

Just fell in love for the second time, just like when I saw the first version - absolutely stunning model of my most favourite capital ship.

Thanks a lot for sharing, and I'm looking forward to the instructions so I can start building one - will give it a try even if it takes me years ;).

wow Morten, this is awesome. Just been blogged on TBB. Sorry we had to link to Photobucket, get those photos on your Flickr account, they are awesome!!

Thanks for sharing and like others, I want to swoosh this myself :-)

wow Morten, this is awesome. Just been blogged on TBB. Sorry we had to link to Photobucket, get those photos on your Flickr account, they are awesome!!

Thanks for sharing and like others, I want to swoosh this myself :-)

Hi Jespergirl, thanks for posting on TBB!

I haven't been able to access my flickr for quite some time, so I am using photobucket at the moment.

Cheers

Morten

Love at first sight! Cant wait for the plans to be offered as I'll be first in line for them. I hope that you charge for them to pay yourself back for all that effort!!

Edited by ecmo47

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already!

It is a beautiful model!! I would love to add this to collection.

Do you have an ETA for the instructions? Who is doing them? Do you have a pieces count for the model?

Thanks, Jamie

Goodness gracious muchness taken abackedness, with plenty of total surprise-ed superduper conglomerated brick festival fantasticalness! I'm speechless...honest!

Nice one Mortesv! Swoosh with pride and daring-do!! :D

Thanks mate! Long time no see! I am glad you like it :) Now I just need someone to make some cool renders of the LDD. Do you know anyone qualified? ;)

Thanks mate! Long time no see! I am glad you like it :) Now I just need someone to make some cool renders of the LDD. Do you know anyone qualified? ;)

Not sure if you want to. But you could do it yourself using POV-ray. It's pretty simple and there is a guide to be found on this forum. http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=65876

But if your PC isn't really up-to-date I would indeed consider using someone else his rig to do the hard work :)

Edited by MikeR

As far as I know, to make his ships look different and unusual, Mr. Lucas hired aq designer who said he could draw them at all. You created a perfect replica of his ship. I would support it in LEGO Ideas. What are your next plans?

Not sure if you want to. But you could do it yourself using POV-ray. It's pretty simple and there is a guide to be found on this forum. http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=65876

But if your PC isn't really up-to-date I would indeed consider using someone else his rig to do the hard work :)

Thanks for this Mike!

I will probably have to use someone else's machine though - I have a Mac labtop :)

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already!

It is a beautiful model!! I would love to add this to collection.

Do you have an ETA for the instructions? Who is doing them? Do you have a pieces count for the model?

Thanks, Jamie

Can't say exactly when the instructions will be done, but there is a guy working on them :)

I love the little window with Luke and company. Amazing work, especially on all the little modules and nodes, this must have been painstakingly tedious at times i'm sure.

Hi there, what an incredible model !! AMAZING !

How many time before instructions ? Will you give the instructions for free ?

Hi there, what an incredible model !! AMAZING !

How many time before instructions ? Will you give the instructions for free ?

There is a professional working on them :) He is taking the model a part at the moment and setting it up in buildable modules. When this work is done he might be able to provide an estimate. However, I think it will probably be a matter of months rather than weeks.

!!Breathtaking!!

It has been always my favourite capital ship and never found it on UCS lego official sets. I can´t wait for those instructions to be done.

Have you ever thought doing it in microfig statuette scale (http://rebrickable.com/parts/90398). The window with Luke and company seems to be almost that size, and a I think it would be a nice scale for some capital ships.

Wonderfull work

Incredible work! Awesome and inspiring... Cant wait to see those instructions... Even if I probably won't ever build it in real live I'm just too curious how you achieved this glorious looking model.

There is a professional working on them :) He is taking the model a part at the moment and setting it up in buildable modules. When this work is done he might be able to provide an estimate. However, I think it will probably be a matter of months rather than weeks.

What is the stud length of the MF on this build?

As others have indicated, I've been waiting for your LDD file on the Mark I build you had before. But the Mark II you've just completed is just awe-inspiring. I hope you will take some measure of compensation for your effort, and for the effort of your instructions author. Because that might help inspire you to create another incredible MOC.

I can't wait to get started building!

What is the stud length of the MF on this build?

As others have indicated, I've been waiting for your LDD file on the Mark I build you had before. But the Mark II you've just completed is just awe-inspiring. I hope you will take some measure of compensation for your effort, and for the effort of your instructions author. Because that might help inspire you to create another incredible MOC.

I can't wait to get started building!

The Falcon is 16 studs long. If we take the official (updated) measurements of the ships into account, it is actually too small (34,75m Falcon 300m frigate). However, it seems that ILM were not too concerned with getting the scale 100% correct in all shots - and during production there were different measurements used for how large the falcon were supposed to be. I tried with a larger and more "correct" Falcon, but that didn't match what we see in the film.

Oh wow, a truly capital build! Such amazing detail, I hope you are very proud of this baby!

One of my favorite parts is your presentation and explanation of how closely you followed the design of the studio model. Such dedication is very inspiring. And the engine section, just wow.

I also want one.

Congratulations!

The Falcon is 16 studs long. If we take the official (updated) measurements of the ships into account, it is actually too small (34,75m Falcon 300m frigate). However, it seems that ILM were not too concerned with getting the scale 100% correct in all shots - and during production there were different measurements used for how large the falcon were supposed to be. I tried with a larger and more "correct" Falcon, but that didn't match what we see in the film.

I can see how that would be an issue for you, determining if keeping the true scale is more important than the visual balance. In the end, I think you made the right call to keep the MF correctly scaled as it is in the movie. :)