ACPin

US May The 4th Exclusive VIP Event April 30 9-10AM

Anybody else got the invite? Additional freebie limited edition Escape The Space Slug set for the attendees!

AC

26392244216_33ec0b6eb5_c.jpg

Is it for all VIP members?

Only those who got the email but if you didn't, better ask your local store.

AC

If you're interested and wanna drop some coin, call your local store, see if they have room and just ask for an invite. You'll have to pick up the invite in person, but there's a unique poster just for the April 30th pre-event. And anything else going on that morning.

It does not work that way and it's not the store who decides who gets the invitation. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to share any more details about it, because we were asked to keep it private, but those, who will get Invites, will know it in advance.

At the danish LUG Byggepladen, the ambassador made a list, where a limited ammount of members could sign up. Id did, and I picked up my invitation yesterday. Looking forward to the "event".

Morten

Pretty sure RLUG members aren't supposed to be posting this on any forums or social media until April 30th. Unfortunately it puts the member's RLUG in danger of losing all the support from LEGO.

Edited by nebraska

This is a true statement. I heard that same from my local LUG.

Pretty sure RLUG members aren't supposed to be posting this on any forums or social media until April 30th. Unfortunately it puts the member's RLUG in danger of losing all the support from LEGO.

This is a true statement. I heard that same from my local LUG.

That I'm not aware of as the invite card was handed to me by the store staff and even the email I received did not mention anything about an embargo.

AC

26349133642_f84bb0afe1_c.jpg

I pickt up mine at my local store, but now they have given out all the invites.... So it might be best to call and ask if there are still openings available. There are 28 invites per store!

It does not work that way and it's not the store who decides who gets the invitation. I'm afraid I'm not allowed to share any more details about it, because we were asked to keep it private, but those, who will get Invites, will know it in advance.

There are members of the Rebelscum forums who have contacted their local Brand Stores and have been told "yes". Most get a "no" though, but it is worth a go.

Now that the cat is out of the bag on this one, I can say I'm extremely disappointed in how Lego handled it.

Essentially, if you have a LUG, you have to hope for a spot, as most LUGs probably have over 28 members per store. If you don't have a LUG, you have to hope your store is participating in the event. All for the "honor" of spending $150 for a brick-built set.

Fortunately, as a brick-built exclusive set with no minifigures, it shouldn't contain anything overly special, like printing or brick color. But since most people seem disappointed in the Stormtrooper polybag, this would have been a great way to offset that.

Even still, with Star Wars are huge as it is, why limit something so easy to manufacture to such a small crowd? Why not just offer two May 4th promos - spend $50 get a Stormtrooper polybag or spend $150 and get the brick-built set? There are so many people getting into Lego and Star Wars right now, that Lego would make a ton. Instead they're limiting themselves to just 28 sales for that one hour.

Again, it's a brick-built Space Slug and micro Falcon. Not a huge loss. But it does make me wonder how we went from the days of chrome minifigures and Darth Revans to this.

I called my store and the manager said there was nothing going on the 30th and that there was something going in the weekend after the 4th. I've gotten nothing in the mail. I'll probably go to the store with my son on the 30th anyway and see what's going on. I have a VIP membership, so I should be good.

I called my store and the manager said there was nothing going on the 30th and that there was something going in the weekend after the 4th. I've gotten nothing in the mail. I'll probably go to the store with my son on the 30th anyway and see what's going on. I have a VIP membership, so I should be good.

You probably won't be let in the door. I just got off the phone with my local Lego Store, and was told that invites went out to LUG members (all invites had already been picked up).

It's a bit disappointing that there are many of us (myself included) who spend thousands on Lego annually, but are left out of these invite-only events.

This is true. As the event is by invitation only, even if you do show up you won't be let in during that first hour - just the invitees will be. And during that time is the only time you can get the exclusive set.

It seems to be a LUG event that some people have received invites to. I guess it depends on if you have a LUG in your area and they've been able to get it on this.

If you didn't receive an invite and don't have one from being in a LUG, there's really no point in showing up an hour early.

I just want the stormtrooper, I could care less about the space slug. No great loss.