Sign in to follow this  
Jurss

Slipping tires around rims

I noticed that for 42037 tires are easy slipping around rims (green). there is no firm connections between tires and rims. Could be problematic to use for some crawler, because it would work as a clutch.

Then I tried to turn tires holding rims (grey) on 42029, they holded very good.

Because tires are identical but rims different, first idea - problem are with rims.

For my surprise - no, problem are with tires. Tires from 42037 slipps also on grey rims from 42029.

So 42037 uses some kind of slippy tires.

By the touch i don't feel any difference. Strange.

Edited by Jurss

Did you use old grey rims to test with new tire? because in your post you tell rims from 42027, and 42027 is use very small rims. I have 42029 and it's slippy too, I don't know what is the problem because i don't have any size of tire and rims that fit.

Edited by KamalMYafi

I've seen this in the tyres from the 8297 / 9398, too. I had an RC mod of the 8297 where I noticed little squeaks when quckly switching between forward and reverse. I thought it was because I was using it on a smooth floor, but the same thing happened on carpets.

Did you use old grey rims to test with new tire? because in your post you tell rims from 42027, and 42027 is uses very small rims. I have 42029 and it's slippy too, I don't know what is the problem because i don't have any size of tire and rims that fit.

Yes, i exchanged them. Older tires were not slipping on newer rims and also on old.

No, it's not a problem for me, because i have also tires with good grip. This topic is more like note or info for others.

Try a good grippy elastic band in the rim of the wheel.

Really good idea! I hadn't thought of that but I know that you can fill the rim with smaller tires such as 58090 to make the tire stick