BrickCurve

Defender Of The High Castle

My entry into the Desert Kings challenge, opposing the Desert King. The second MOC down is the one I am entering.

On his way to visit his friend Eredhalion on Peregrinus, Lord Parimere and a band of his High Council supporters have been captured by a band of the Desert Kings soldiers. Intent on transporting him to the capital for trial for treason against the Desert King, little do the guards realise, they are the ones who are now being hunted.

25490483106_dc92b8f089_c.jpg

As they approach the Akhenaten delta, the Desert King’s forces are caught in a surprise attack of Lord Parimeres friends and fellow High Council supporters. They managed to free Parimere but are unable to free the rest of the prisoners before the Desert King’s soldiers rally and repulse there attackers, forcing them to flee into the delta.

As the convoy approaches Petrea, part of the force of guards departs to swiftly travel ahead to bring news of there coming, the tables are turned and the remaining guards are sent fleeing to the capital by a group of cavalry.

25559532904_f90948e218_c.jpg

Little do they know that the force of cavalry is made up of only three war horses, the rest are steads borrowed from supportive locals, and are just used for intimidation.

Anxious to save his honour, the captain of the cowardly guards exaggerates the size of the cavalry, leading the new ruler of Kaliphlin to send his forces to capture a large force of cavalry. Little does he know that the ‘large force’ has already returned there mounts to there local allies. They have already returned to Castle Parimere, hidden near the inland sea.

26302411255_969df7168d_c.jpg

Edited by BrickCurve

Nice builds! I especially like the foliage, the use of round pieces for the road, and the loose 1x2 pieces for the sand. All these builds made by Kaliphlin members really makes me doubt my decision to join Avalonia.

Nice builds! I especially like the foliage, the use of round pieces for the road, and the loose 1x2 pieces for the sand. All these builds made by Kaliphlin members really makes me doubt my decision to join Avalonia.

Thanks. Well maybe you can join the real best Guild for book 3!

Great MOCs! The vegetation is lovely, and the loose bricks work surprisingly well

Stunning builds! Your photography excellently shows off your talent in MOCing!

The rockwork is very nice! And the vibrant colors really grab my eyes!

Great MOCs! The vegetation is lovely, and the loose bricks work surprisingly well

I love the colors of the first build! That was the first thing that caught my eyes.

The rockwork is very nice! And the vibrant colors really grab my eyes!

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

The 'loose' build is really well done, I especially like the path there :thumbup: The final build is also impressive, with the two unique yet similar buildings, low wall, and pretty landscape :wub:

One of your best builds so far!

Great builds here, good job showing the different scenes of the story! I really like the scatter technique you used, and the buildings on the large MOC are very nice! :thumbup:

Nice builds, especially the fig combos and fig posing :classic:

The 'loose' build is really well done, I especially like the path there :thumbup: The final build is also impressive, with the two unique yet similar buildings, low wall, and pretty landscape :wub:

One of your best builds so far!

Great builds here, good job showing the different scenes of the story! I really like the scatter technique you used, and the buildings on the large MOC are very nice! :thumbup:

Nice builds, especially the fig combos and fig posing :classic:

Thanks everyone!

That are some colorful creations you made, i like that !!!

Thanks.

Edit: I'm a Knight!

Edited by BrickCurve

A very nice set of builds! The one with all the loose pieces is very unique and intriguing :classic: Good job on the architecture and landscape in these builds! And the first one is certainly colorful :classic:

Great set of builds, BC :thumbup: The dense foliage works quite well for the first one, and all the loose pieces are surprisingly effective in the second.

Excellent job on the last one as well, I really like the building on the left :classic:

Sweet builds and story BC! Interesting use of color in the first build and, as others have said, the loose landscaping techniques in the second MOC come across well.

Lots of color and interesting building techniques in the third build. The color is great too. The low wall in the rear of the big MOC is a nice touch too. Great work man!

A very nice set of builds! The one with all the loose pieces is very unique and intriguing :classic: Good job on the architecture and landscape in these builds! And the first one is certainly colorful :classic:

Thanks.

Great set of builds, BC :thumbup: The dense foliage works quite well for the first one, and all the loose pieces are surprisingly effective in the second.

Excellent job on the last one as well, I really like the building on the left :classic:

Thanks, I just hope the tower on the right works as well. I was running out of 1 x 2s at the end so I didn't get as much colour variations as I would like.

Sweet builds and story BC! Interesting use of color in the first build and, as others have said, the loose landscaping techniques in the second MOC come across well.

Lots of color and interesting building techniques in the third build. The color is great too. The low wall in the rear of the big MOC is a nice touch too. Great work man!

Thanks, the low wall breaks up the symmetry of the model. I just wish I didn't run out of 1 x 2s, the colours in the tower would be much more in keeping with the rest of the model.

Three great mocs with three different colourscheme and details! Love them all!! Great work!!

I'm impressed how well the differently coloured leaves are working together. I myself would have been too afraight of so much colour, but it adds something very unique to the landscape.

Same for the large display's base; to combine two square baseplates this way is very smart. All too often I struggle to design something on a whole square base, especially on the front area. You acoided this by so to say cutting out the front and only using the ground you need for the structures.

Really well executed work.