Hello guys, this is my latest moc for a greek contest (fantasy - epic theme). :laugh:

Tell me your opinion and thoughts about it!

This is my first big Moc, so.. be gentle! :tongue: Tnk you and enjoy it!

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Invoke the gods” (ask the help of the gods)

“Χρῲ τοις Θεοίς..” (Νa επικaλείσaι τους θεούς.) Solon (Greek: Σόλων; c. 638 – c. 558 BC)

26304035321_3d416ae2f9_c.jpg

In Greek mythology, Poseidon is the god of the land and the sea, rivers, sources and drinking water ..

With his trident could both create rough seas and calm waters..

His symbols were the trident, fish and occasionally the horse or the bull..

According to legend.. the Poseidon seduced Medusa in the temple of Athena..

the goddess was so furious with it.. so she transformed Medusa into monster..

The ugliness was such.. that whoever looked at her face.. turned into stone ..

Medusa wanted to revenge Poseidon now.. so she kills the priestesses and the soldiers who guard the temple ..

Their only hope now is to seek the help of the gods..

But to be heard by the gods, they need a sacrifice..

Hermes.. the messenger of the Gods, is there and waiting to hear the invocation to the gods and to carry the message ..

26277904322_0a691a7c7f_c.jpg

26344357856_3347077f2b_c.jpg

25767541933_ce316f297e_c.jpg

26304042811_56596b801f_c.jpg

26097421290_0410f6032a_c.jpg

26097412750_0d70c3d822_c.jpg

26370256505_f316669b90_c.jpg

26097419580_d958ca9257_c.jpg

26097427970_4e284ef9ec_c.jpg

Excellent MOC. The only detail I feel needs work is the division between light and dark grey in the cliff. The place where it changes is too a bit too flat, particularly in the middle of the cliff. Adding a dark grey slope slightly higher up would really improve it in my opinion. Everything else is just about perfect.

Edit: Especially since it is your first large MOC, i'm impressed.

Edited by BrickCurve

I really love Greek builds, and this one is executed very nicely!

Amasing creation! I loved all the little details here and there, among with the temple! Great job!

Excellent build my friend! This is a nice blend between scenery/landscaping and minifig posing! Well done! Exactly how many round plates did you use? :p

Really nice Greek temple :thumbup: The use of gold wings as decoration is clever, and I like the tree :classic:

Lovely! All the little details are nice, especially Medusa!

tnk you! :laugh:

Excellent MOC. The only detail I feel needs work is the division between light and dark grey in the cliff. The place where it changes is too a bit too flat, particularly in the middle of the cliff. Adding a dark grey slope slightly higher up would really improve it in my opinion. Everything else is just about perfect.

Edit: Especially since it is your first large MOC, i'm impressed.

Thank you very much!

well i could use some other colours to break the monochrome

i believe it looks like that from the sea waves and i have seen that kind of build and in other mocs. :sweet:

i will try to experiment in the future!

Amazing work!

thank you!

I really love Greek builds, and this one is executed very nicely!

thank you very much! i want to build many ancient greek buildings in the future! :laugh:

Fantastic. Great rock work and nice looking temple.

tnk you! :grin:

The surroundings are very nice.

The temple looks really good.

Great built. :thumbup:

thank you very much! i'me glad you like it!

Amasing creation! I loved all the little details here and there, among with the temple! Great job!

thank you my friend! :laugh:

Beautiful! In high school my favourite part of history was ancient greek mythology. :classic:

tnk you! me too! i loved the mythology! i want to build many creations with this theme! :tongue:

Excellent build my friend! This is a nice blend between scenery/landscaping and minifig posing! Well done! Exactly how many round plates did you use? :p

thank you my friend! And thank you for your custom made capes tha you maked for my troops! :laugh:

i used over 1400 round plates! :tongue:

Really nicely done! I like all the bright colors used. Very creative!

thank you! :grin:

Really nice Greek temple :thumbup: The use of gold wings as decoration is clever, and I like the tree :classic:

thank you! :laugh: And i have to say that your creations inspired me in my builds!

Great job Mpyromaxos, the setup of the landscape is great, the figs you created is pure win and a great temple at the top of it :wub: :wub:

The cave is a great touch too!

Great job Mpyromaxos, the setup of the landscape is great, the figs you created is pure win and a great temple at the top of it :wub: :wub:

The cave is a great touch too!

Tnk you my friend! :laugh:

Flying warriors torso, was just perfect for this scene! And the temple for first try came up very good! :grin:

Yes, this is one perfect MOC that deserves praise not only for its atmosphere but also for the great layout. Congratulations!

I am absolutely stunned by this thing... Amazing stuff!

2 things though:

1) This is the first time i saw a bow done like this, what a simple and brilliant idea!

2) If there is ONE tiny tiny thing i'd improve here then it may be the trans clear 2x2 risers you're using for the archer, i feel 2 2X5 bricks would look cleaner here

Yes, this is one perfect MOC that deserves praise not only for its atmosphere but also for the great layout. Congratulations!

Tnk you very much! :grin:

Nice work! I really lie your rockwork and water effects!

Thank you! :classic:

I am absolutely stunned by this thing... Amazing stuff!

2 things though:

1) This is the first time i saw a bow done like this, what a simple and brilliant idea!

2) If there is ONE tiny tiny thing i'd improve here then it may be the trans clear 2x2 risers you're using for the archer, i feel 2 2X5 bricks would look cleaner here

Tnk you! I'me glad you like it! :sweet:

Well.. at first I wanted to give him to holding a stick instead of a bow, but that day i had bought two cows.. and after a little experimentation.. I saw that it came out very nice,

so I tried it, and the result came up very good i think..!! :grin:

Now, for the trans-clear pieces you're absolutely right that 1x2x5 is better .. but unfortunately I only had 1x2 available .. :sceptic:

Edited by Mpyromaxos

Very tidy build, nothing looks forced or over-done which in my opinion is the essence of a great MOC. Well done.

Excellent work here! The dark red and tan go very well together for the temple and I really like the rockwork :thumbup:

Very nice tree too :classic:

Very tidy build, nothing looks forced or over-done which in my opinion is the essence of a great MOC. Well done.

Thank you Tazmaniac!

Excellent work here! The dark red and tan go very well together for the temple and I really like the rockwork :thumbup:

Very nice tree too :classic:

Tnk you very much! :sweet: