tmctiger

Layout: plan fo new layout

Hi @antp,

thanks for your kind feedback!

Yes, it is indeed not really straight forward to find space for the City and City Docks, since they are together 2 and 1/2 basplates long when displayed as intended. I also like your solution with splitting up the City Docks - your Ninjago district in general is really nice!

BR,

Guenther

@tmctiger - always a pleasure to visit the forum and be surprised by one of your city updates. Some great additions this time - The solution for Ninjago city and the docks is inspired and looks great!

If there’s room at the back left corner maybe you could add a continuation of the path beside Ninjago city and have a small mountain top temple/shrine? 

Hi @ElectroDiva,

first of all thanks for your kind feedback. I am glad that you like my solution for the Ninjago City and City Docks and the Layout in general.

Your idea with continuing the path is great! Thre is really some space (not much though) but perhaps enough. I have to think in detail about this. One question (not only to @ElectroDiva but also to all others): What set can I use as temple/shrine on top? I am not so into Ninjago at all, or do anyone have an idea for a small MOC? The amount of space is limited and I think should not exeed 16x16 studs. Next time working on the layout I have to measure in detail...

BR,

Guenther

3 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

@tmctiger - have a look at “70608 - Master Falls” and “70643 - Temple of Ressurection”

https://brickset.com/sets/70608-1/Master-Falls

https://brickset.com/sets/70643-1/Temple-of-Resurrection

Hi @ElectroDiva,

thanks for your suggestions! Both sets are really interesting an nice, but quite big I think. I have to check on the layout what amount of space is really availiable. I am often out in my estimations in this regard :facepalm:. I'll keep both sets in mind, the would aesthetically fit really well with the scenery.

Thanks and BR,

Guenther

Unfortunately it is large and expensive, being retired, or I would say Temple of Airjitzu 70751.  Great work on the layout and the lighting kits really add something to the layout.

Hi @Vilhelm22,

thanks for your feedback! I am glad that you like my layout. Indeed, lighting up the modulars adds alot to a layout.

Thanks for the suggestion of 70751, but this one is definitly way to large to fit in the availiable corner. I am searching for a set (or MOC) with a footprint not bigger than 16x16 studs.

BR,

Guenther

Hello,

again  some time passed since my last update, but in the meanwhile I managed to add some little things to the layout. Mainly the new 2019 Modular, the Corner Garage (10264) and an additional light kit from Brickloot for the Town Hall (10224) set.

Finding a spot to put the garage was quit easy. As  shown in an previous post, I already had a section for the motorists in my town: the car dealer ship (from the City Square set (60097)), with the Octan gas station (60132) and the Lady Liberty 21042). So I just reworked this area, meaning rebuilding the car dealer into a "half" modular with the statue of liberty on top. I was quite pleased with the outcome and I think it fits really well beside the Corner Garage. The service station moved nearly unmodified to the back of the garage. I just added some additional parking lots (as there are always to few for my citizens).

The reworked area now looks like this:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

(Images in better resolution can be found in my bricksafe folder)

The newly lit Town Hall now looks like this in darkness:

800x600.jpg

(image in original resolution and uncut)

800x600.jpg

(image in original resolution and uncut)

And as always, I have also created a youtube video, showing the and discussing the latest WIP update to my city.

So I hope you enjoied my latest update and additions to my city. As always I am curious to hear what you think about it.

BR,

Guenther

Hello guys,

some time passed by since my last WIP Lego Layout update. But better later then never :wink: ... so here you go:

The updates in all details can be found here in this Video:

And here is a short an quick descriptin in text:

I moved the Haunted House from its former position to a new elevated position behind the Town Hall, Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade. For this, I built a small wooden table which I can place behind the other buildings. This table will later be covered by a Lego rock wall to reasamble a mountain region:

800x600.jpg

On the old spot of the Haunted House I placed my new set addition - the new Ideas set "Tree House" 21318. I think it fits alot better there than the Haunted House:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I not only added and moved some sets, I also added a new MOC - a tunnel portal (again :laugh: - but I need alot of them in my layout configuration):

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

You can find all images in higher original resolution in my bricksafe folder.

I hope you enjoied my newest update and what I had done on the layout. I would be quite happy to get some feedback from you guys!

BR,

Guenther

Hi Guenther. Nice to see a new update from yours. My layout is coming along too, but it is a long way until something can be show.

Keep us updated!

Hi @Chiaroscuro,

yes creating a Lego city layout is somwhat time consuming, but I think rewarding and actually the process of building it, is what makes the most fun! So hopefully we all have a long way until we are really finished.

I am now quite curious about your city - let me know when you have something to show.

BR,

Guenther

Hi,

wow my last post in this topic was 2019 ... ok so well, I guess an update is necessary. :laugh:

In 2020 and 2021 the layout was mainly used as intended - as playground. But lately I found some time to work on the layout again. This update focuses soley on the light update. I managed to light up a huge portion of the city. But I started to order bricks for further building updates as well. I hope I can complete some of the brick walls seperating the individual layers.

I have created a short video which shows the changes:

https://youtu.be/StsBnkWCZFU

Here are some images of the current state of the layout:

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_7961.JPG

I hopeyou enjoyed the update and I am now curious what you think about it.

And I also hope I can post updates more regulary in the future.:grin:

BR,

Guenther

Seriously impressive layout. 3 levels, lights, and lots of trains. Nice to see how it's grown and progressed too.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:13 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Seriously impressive layout. 3 levels, lights, and lots of trains. Nice to see how it's grown and progressed too.

Hi @Feuer Zug, thanks! Yes lets see how it will progress in the future. I have som plans in my mind already, but for these I need to make some space for it :laugh: ...

11 hours ago, tmctiger said:

Hi @Feuer Zug, thanks! Yes lets see how it will progress in the future. I have som plans in my mind already, but for these I need to make some space for it :laugh: ...

there is always too little space no matter how much of it you seamingly have!

4 minutes ago, XG BC said:

there is always too little space no matter how much of it you seamingly have!

That is unfortunatly very true :pir-bawling:

@tmctiger, regarding the Tower Bridge:  did you have to buy a second TB kit?  Or was there enough in a single kit to make your mods?  I really like the look of it this way.  (I apologize if I missed something in this thread--I've been away for a while.)

8 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

@tmctiger, regarding the Tower Bridge:  did you have to buy a second TB kit?  Or was there enough in a single kit to make your mods?  I really like the look of it this way.  (I apologize if I missed something in this thread--I've been away for a while.)

Hi @ivanlan9, Thanks and no apologies needed :classic:
Yes in fact these are two sets, there are not enough bricks in one set. My modification has a doubled width, so there are alot bricks needed to widen the bridge. And you also need bricks not included in the set if you'd like to recreate the river and rock foundation of the bridge (and the street across it).
if you are interesetd in more detail you can find additional images of the bridge in my bricksafe folder: https://bricksafe.com/pages/tmctiger/mods/lego-10214-tower-bridge-modification

If you'd like to recreate the bridge, you can find the LDD files for it in my brickshelf folder: https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569445

BR,

Guenther