Sign in to follow this  
wesyr

[Review] 42036 Street Mororcycle + video

42036 Street Motorcycle - recenzja + speed build

Review comes from my blog. You can chec my FB, Youtube or Instagram.

ok%25C5%2582adka.jpg

42036 Street Motorcycle is a set that allows to build two motorcycles (two-wheelers geek I am more than a Lego :)) - "chaser" as the primary model and "naked" as an alternative.

Motorcycles were repeatedly used by TLG. The first set is 857-1 Motorbike with Sidecar [/ url], 1979. Since then Lego has released 26 models of motorcycles. Closest to the vehicle being reviewed seems set from 2010, that is, 8051-1 Motorbike [/ url]. It seems that last year's model is much poorer than its older brother (I lean on the pictures, then I do not have that motorcycle).

Series: Technic

Released: 2015

Set: 42036

Pcs: 375

PPP: 0,05 €

Model weight: 0,333 kg

Set weight (box with bricks and instructions): 0,556 kg

Alternative build: yes

Price: £17,99 / $19,99 / 19,99€ / 159,99 zł

Parts list:

- Bricklink

- Brickset

The box

The box has dimensions of 35 cm x 19 cm x 7 cm and weighs just over half a kilogram. As for the set consisting of 375 elements is quite a lot. The box is kept in a characteristic dark color. Front of cardboard includes a large photo of the main model against some road in the mountains. Furthermore, we can see the logos and Lego Technic series and information about the kit, you can build two vehicles.

The back of the box is interesting. The greater part of the back of box is picture with a beautiful optional model (I am a fan of "naked" bikes) and two photos showing the functionality of the bike, which is moving the chain and the pistons in the engine.

One of the long sides as usual, represents one of the elements in the scale of 1: 1. This time we can see Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 3 Smooth Small Long, Side A with 'LT1' Pattern.

There is no name of model on the box.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'm writing about model built over a year ago and do not remember how many bags of elements was in the box. The content is:

- Bricks

- Two instructions (one for model A, the second for model B)

- A sheet of stickers

tajle.jpg

naklejki.jpg

4.jpg

An instruction is the book measuring 21 cm x 16.5 cm and consists of 80 pages. Besides the construction guide consisting of 43 steps, there is a place for advertising Lego application, Technic website and three models in the series. Parts list is located in the manual model B.

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

The set doesn't have new parts, only a few in a new color - Medium Blue.

6097568.jpg

87080 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 1 Small Smooth Short, Side A - 2 pcs

6097569.jpg

87080 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 1 Small Smooth Short, Side B - 2 pcs

6097570.jpg

64393 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 6 Long Smooth, Side B - 1 pc

6097571.jpg

64681 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 5 Long Smooth, Side A - 1 pc

6100751.jpg

32192 Medium Blue Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #4 - 135 degree - 2 pcs

6057453.jpg

64683 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 3 Small Smooth Long, Side A - 2 pcs

6057454.jpg

64391 Medium Blue Technic, Panel Fairing # 4 Small Smooth Long, Side B - 2 pcs

The build

As I mentioned in the introduction construction is moderately complicated. During shooting video it took me a little over an hour, without shooting the video would go much faster. Building process in manual is clear and well described, so there is little room for error.

[media]

[/media]

Traditionally, I ask ror youtube like and subscription.

I have no spare elements, they lie somewhere in the drawers. BL indicates that the backup should be eight elements.

Finished model

5.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Summary

Kit 42036 is successful. In the box you will find two interesting models (I will separatly review model B), with an attractive design and colors. The motorcycle is very well designed - really gives the impression of a strong "chaser". The only flaw is a V engine, not seen in this type of motorcycles. Vehicles as a set for 20 euro have a lot of functionality: riding riding we have amortized both wheels, steering wheel, rear wheel driven four-cylinder engine, moving the kickstand allowing expose model on the shelf without worrying that falls over. In addition, the kit is the doner of many parts in interesting colors - blue panels, red liftarms, wheels, tires and the whole handful of Technic bricks. The model is also solidly built - dropping on the wheels, even from a height of half a meter has not caused any damage.

Pros

+ Two nice bikes

+ Robust construction

+ A lot of parts in a new color

+ Doner of parts

+ A lot of functionalityi

Cons

- V-engine in "chaser" motorcycle but it's nothing, a half-minus

If I made mistakes forgive me, my English isn't perfect.

Edited by wesyr

Nice review, thanks for taking the time. I would add as a con that the chain should be inside the swingarm and the front tyre rubs on the springs when the forks are compressed. It's a good bike, but not the best. B model is better.

Thanks for the review. I have it standing on a shelve. As Nick said, its a good one :), but what I was missing, was the fake brake discs or a second stand solution :)

To kick off the discussion of the best Bike from lego: Which one do you prefere Nick? For me it will always be 8422 :)

Thanks for nice words.

For me the best one is 8051 and I have to find it. I am motorbike maniac :) Especially naked ones.