Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Lego Express Part 2

Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?

• The sleuth-like viking warrior Bloody Jay
    • Pirate hunter with a death wish, Sarg Kulo
    • The lady-killing furry midget Darth Ewok
    • The impetuous but instinctive Wolf Man
    • The calm and brave brick-trader Athos
    • Big Wig JonFett
    • The puppet master and title-giving French Green Jedi
    • Outlaw and "Belgian-detective-on-the-side" Brickster
    • Mister M, not on this list...

Maybe some crusades against pirates - another clue pointing to Sarg ;) Sorry old chap!!

I thought the crusades were against the Middle East? *wacko*

Akkhraziel, as the newest member of the group, decides to follow the advise of XWingYoda and follow the cleaning woman with Athos She leads them to the observation train where she proceeds to mop the floor while singing a rather catchy tune, and although you don't know the words, she sings, "Vita dulcedo et spes nostra"...

Bloody Jay and XwingYoda immediately go to the broom closet only to find a few mops, a bucket, some cleaning supplies, and a green and black housekeepers jacket similar to what the cleaning woman is wearing.

'The beauty of life and our hope'? What could this be about?

EDIT: This is the full hymn...

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,

hail, our life, our sweetness, and our hope.

To you we cry, the children of Eve;

to you we send up our sighs,

mourning and weeping in this land of exile.

Turn, then, most gracious advocate,

your eyes of mercy toward us;

lead us home at last

and show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus:

O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Bloody Jay quickly walks toward the observation room to listen to the cleaning woman's song. Although he knows the translation, what she sings appears to be shorter than the full hymn.

Damn, I was going to mention its inclusion in a Madonna song, but thought it wasn't worthwhile. Here are the lyrics:

Madonna

Oh What A Circus

[Che:]

Oh what a circus, oh what a show

Argentina has gone to town

Over the death of an actress called Eva Peron

We've all gone crazy

Mourning all day and mourning all night

Falling over ourselves to get all of the misery right

Oh what an exit, that's how to go

When they're ringing your curtain down

Demand to be buried like Eva Peron

It's quite a sunset

And good for the country in a roundabout way

We've made the front page of all the world's papers today

But who is this Santa Evita?

Why all this howling, hysterical sorrow?

What kind of goddess has lived among us?

How will we ever get by without her?

She had her moments, she had some style

The best show in town was the crowd

Outside the Casa Rosada crying, "Eva Peron"

But that's all gone now

As soon as the smoke from the funeral clears

We're all gonna see and how, she did nothing for years

[Crowd:]

Salve regina mater misericordiae

Vita dulcedo et spes nostra

Salve salve regina

Ad te clamamus exules filii Eva

Ad te suspiramus gementes et flentes

O clemens o pia

Hail, oh queen, mother of mercy

Our life, sweetness, and hope

Hail, hail, oh queen

To you we cry, exiled sons of Eve

To you we sigh, mourning and weeping

Oh clement, oh loving one

You let down your people Evita

You were supposed to have been immortal

That's all they wanted, not much to ask for

But in the end you could not deliver

Sing you fools, but you got it wrong

Enjoy your prayers because you haven't got long

Your queen is dead, your king is through

And she's not coming back to you

Show business kept us all alive

Since seventeen October 1945

But the star has gone, the glamour's worn thin

That's a pretty bad state for a state to be in

Instead of government we had a stage

Instead of ideas, a prima donna's rage

Instead of help we were given a crowd

She didn't say much, but she said it loud

Sing you fools, but you got it wrong

Enjoy your prayers because you haven't got long

Your queen is dead, your king is through

She's not coming back to you

[Crowd:]

Salve regina mater misericordiae

Vita dulcedo et spes nostra

Salve salve regina Peron

Ad te clamamus exules filii Eva

Ad te suspiramus gementes et flentes

O clemens o pia

[Eva:]

Don't cry for me Argentina

For I am ordinary, unimportant

And undeserving of such attention

Unless we all are, I think we all are

So share my glory, so share my coffin

So share my glory, so share my coffin

It's our funeral too

The cleaning woman finishes mopping the floor and proceeds to the dining hall to put the mop and bucket away. She takes off her cleaning jacket and hangs it in the closet with the other. She notices a few of you watching her, then knods cordially, and in very broken English, says goodnight.

You're not quite sure what to think of the song but wonder how Bloody Jay knew the lyrics... A good night's rest will give you a chance to compile your thoughts.

You tell one another "goodnight", and retire to your rooms. Hopefully no more murders tonight.

God I hate Evita, I was forced to sit through a whole performance of it once. Blame my craziness on that. *wacko*

Anyway, I'm stooped, not that I wasn't ever not stooped before.

Lets see what are the latest clues provided:

The maid signing "Hail holy queen, mother of mercy" and "Hail our life, our sweetness and our hope"

Some say this song is the war song of the crusades in which it is asked the intercession of the Queen of Heaven, the Salve Regina

A closet with two nearly identical jackets for ONE maid (who could have worn the second one, I wonder)

Jay's knowledge on the Salve Regina and Madonna!!!!! (I did not know she was knowledgable :-D ).

The question lies to this: should we all stay as a group to sort out the killer, or do we spy on everyone????

Lets see what are the latest clues provided:

The maid signing "Hail holy queen, mother of mercy" and "Hail our life, our sweetness and our hope"

Some say this song is the war song of the crusades in which it is asked the intercession of the Queen of Heaven, the Salve Regina

A closet with two nearly identical jackets for ONE maid (who could have worn the second one, I wonder)

Jay's knowledge on the Salve Regina and Madonna!!!!! (I did not know she was knowledgable :-D ).

The question lies to this: should we all stay as a group to sort out the killer, or do we spy on everyone????

Are you sure the killer is one of you, guys? you were in the room with phes, but does that really mean one of you shot him? who else is in the train, and why did you let apo,... go? he might have done it for whatever reason...

and ... nobody saw anything weird BEFORE the killing? I don't know ... details... did you hear people saying something to others? so some one shot Phes with a gun? nobody saw anything before the murder that could have been a gun?

my advice, guys, is go back to the scene of the crime and reconstruct the moments before and after the murder...

on a personal note: murder or not, you should all be locked up... :P

Also, was anything missing from the second victim???? We know from the cutlass of the first but quid of the second?????

At this point, theaft is not a very plausible motive, hence my theory of crusades (as a generic sense) against what looks to be piraty.

When is snefroe1 boarding the train :P ;)

Also, was anything missing from the second victim???? We know from the cutlass of the first but quid of the second?????

At this point, theaft is not a very plausible motive, hence my theory of crusades (as a generic sense) against what looks to be piraty.

When is snefroe1 boarding the train :P ;)

also... they say a murderer always goes back to the crimescene... sooooo... the guy who's there, right now, is the killer... here, here... i just solved the mistery :P :P

Can I be the killer, I wanna be the killer, can I kill Xwingyoda now?

Killing me will only make me stronger - I'll come back and haunt you with my hologram that will stay with you forever and ever and ever... :-D :P

Killing me will only make me stronger - I'll come back and haunt you with my hologram that will stay with you forever and ever and ever... :-D :P

Mr. Kulo, kill 'm anyway :P

As you convene in the dining hall for breakfast from a rough night of little sleep, one of the dining room waitors enters the car rather startled and tells you that there has been another murder :^^D

Rosa the housekeeper was found in her room shot to death early this morning when she did not report for duty. The waitor knows no reason why anyone would hurt Rosa. "She was a quiet woman who pretty much kept to herself. Why would someone kill her"? he says bewildered.

Mr. Kulo, kill 'm anyway :P

I'm too old for this :-D :P

Killing such a friendly creature for no reasons >-|

What about new clues???

Look up

EDIT: Okay so it's more like bottom of last page you know what I mean

Thanks, that's the problem with simultaneous postings *wacko*

At least for the maid there is a motive - she knew the killer (or thought she knew him). She had to be silenced ;)

Who follewed her??? Akkhraziel and Athos (which is weird because Athos was with Jay and me looking the mop closet).

don't know if any one has said this before:

the lights where off when Phes was shot, right? so, who could have turned off the lights, shoot Phes, do all the things afterwards, like throwing away the gun, and go back to his original position, without any one seeing anything? what do we know about this last murder? how was she killed? the same gun? surely not, some one would have heard...

i still don't have a decent suggestion for the motive, do you? we must use our grey cells, ...

yoda, why do we know the maid knew the killer? why didn't she say anything? surely she'd be alive today if she'd said anything...

Its probably the same gun with a silencer (because nobody heard it right)?? How do you procure yourself a gun in a train??? It seems improbable that the killer brought several guns.

In the case there is no silencer, have we checkd the pillows to see if there is a bullet hole in them???

The maid is a really different victim.

2 possibilities:

1) there is no connections between the two first victims and the maid (she was killed because she knew something)

2) there IS a connection between the 3 victims

Here is a farfetched theory: the train has a hidden treasure - the two pirates out, the only person who could find the treasure is the maid.

If that theory is correct (who knows at this point) - everyone that is on board of the train are potential victims.

(rather improbable theory though if you link it to the PO Box and the song).

another problem: "a faint scream is heard, then a shot". who screamed, why did he scream? how could he have seen whatever was coming?

really guys, you need reread the first thread again... who picked up the gun? who's on the train? you guys, a maid, a waiter, a driver, who else?