Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

Royal Society of Natural Philosophy - General Discussion

Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock has submitted the following paper for the society on the large felines of Cascadia

Hey @Ayrlego, I was thinking of having one of my characters join. Are the rules still the same as they're posted? 

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Hey @Ayrlego, I was thinking of having one of my characters join. Are the rules still the same as they're posted? 

Yep! We have had very little time to develop the RSNP, but everything remains the same as when we launched except I think @BrickOn is no longer active...

It would be good to get some science/exploration type stories happening rather than the constant KMA-based drama... (it's the gift that just keeps giving...:pir-laugh:) the new adventure MCRA is probably a great time to re-vitalise the society!

Edited by Ayrlego

The Count is avoiding Chaos (Mostly) by visiting Camp Isaac!

I'd really love to be invited (hint hint) to the society, but I need a member to do that. Let me know if I haven't burned those bridges yet.

To Count @Mesabi,

Regarding your latest communication.

Having reviewed your scientific work and found it entirely lacking, and noted several instances of conduct unbecoming of a gentleman of the Royal Society, the Executive Committee has decided against taking further action in relation to your "request". Further, the Committee wishes to point out that it is absolutely unheard of to request membership, as if the Royal Society was a mere coffee house, not an exclusive union for the greatest minds of the known world!

Membership of the Royal Society is not about prestige, but about science, and membership is an honour bestowed upon merit. Members of the Society are widely allowed to travel freely across borders, regardsless of diplomacy or politics, to pursue scientific discovery, and as such its members' honesty and good conduct must be beyond question.

Sincerely

Sir Anton Hughes, RS

On behalf of the Executive committee

OCC:

I very much doubt Count Mesabi himself and his questionable morals would ever be invited to the Royal Society, but should one of your other characters pursue a scientific career, it may in time lead to an invitation. Young Darby could perhaps be an example - he seems to have better ethics... But still, membership happens by invitation - and one does not ask for an invitation :pir-wink:

We will keep an eye out for scientists, and a discreet hint in a pm might help, but a public request? What insolence! :pir-tongue:

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

To Count @Mesabi,

Regarding your latest communication.

Having reviewed your scientific work and found it entirely lacking, and noted several instances of conduct unbecoming of a gentleman of the Royal Society, the Executive Committee has decided against taking further action in relation to your "request". Further, the Committee wishes to point out that it is absolutely unheard of to request membership, as if the Royal Society was a mere coffee house, not an exclusive union for the greatest minds of the known world!

Membership of the Royal Society is not about prestige, but about science, and membership is an honour bestowed upon merit. Members of the Society are widely allowed to travel freely across borders, regardsless of diplomacy or politics, to pursue scientific discovery, and as such its members' honesty and good conduct must be beyond question.

Sincerely

Sir Anton Hughes, RS

On behalf of the Executive committee

Dear Mr Science Guy,

Your scientific society is completely lacking and doesn't deserve me. I bet you don't understand real life skills like stealing, and burning bridges! Maybe I'll start my own society, with card games and call girls!

Your's truly

Count Mesabi

OOC: Eh, no hard feelings. I'm just here to have fun, and the royal society looked like fun. Didn't really know the etiquette here, but I guess I violated it. 

@MesabiOOC:

Lol, perfect response from the Count! We'd still love to have one of your characters as a member - but they need to have background in scientific study not piracy! Maybe the Count hires a scientist because he is seeking some kind of scientific advantage or discovery, or maybe as revenge, anyway I'm sure you can think of a fitting story! Have this new character do a few science-y type builds and I'm sure he'll then receive an invitation! 

Fernando de la Izquierda came to the Royal Society to make his Initiation Lecture concerning Volcanoes :

Front page updated with new fellows of the society added.

to the hands of the  Executive committee of The Royal Society of Natural Philosophy:

Honorable gentlemans
Let me introduce myself. I am a lucky mayor of small but rapidly growing town Hilto located in Sabre island archipelago. Our population is thriving but our minds are dangerously dulling without any intellectual challenges and quests. We would be honored if your revered institution will be so charitable and grant our currently at-being-construction school and humble research center your cooperation in the matter of exchange of scientific facts and research but also in possibilities of possible further future cooperation in the fields of science, culture and philosophy.
Our area of interest and study lies mainly in botany, focusing on digestible plants and herbs, as well as in improving the storage, transport and shelf life of aforementioned edibles, both medical and nutritional. Our goal is to establish a permanent and safe path by which these new goods can be moved back to the old continent.

Thank You for Your time and in faith of future cooperation, Omni Al-Hash , ibn Ohnihash 

Dear sir,

We are most honoured by your communication. The Royal Society welcomes any collaboration in the advancement of science, and the specific areas of study as mentioned in your most esteemed letter promises significant advantages.

Having discussed this with my immediate fellows, I regret to say none of us are familiar with your research, nor entirely clear on the specifics of such a collaboration.

We are most interested in any research already completed, and very happy to discuss specifics of any collaboration within the interest and spirit of the Society.

Your humble servant

Don Isaac Montoya, FRS

Chairman