I want to present a model based on the new Fastrac 4000 series of JCB. The Fastrac 4220.

The original Fastrac:

preview-4000-series-cgi-small.jpg

My LEGO Technic rebuilt:

wp_20160410_11_23_26_pro_li_sm.jpg

wp_20160410_11_23_52_pro_li_sm.jpg

I will post some more pictures and maybe a video when I am back home.

Dimensions:

L: 328 mm

B: 176 mm

H: 220 mm

Following functions are included in the model:

Liftable/lowerable front and back 3 point hitch powered by pneumatic cylinders and 6L pump.

PTO in front and back powered by XL motor.

PTO and pump function is controlled via gearbox.

2 hose connectors in the front and 4 in the back.

All pneumatic functions are controlled via the valves on top of the cabine.

front steering system with torsion bar based front axle.

Liftable hood.

4 cylinder engine driven by rear axle.

Enjoy!

Edited by MAnd

I want to present a model based on the new Fastrac 4000 series of JCB. The Fastrac 4220.

The original Fastrac:

My LEGO Technic rebuilt:

Dimensions:

L: 328 mm

B: 176 mm

H: 220 mm

Following functions are included in the model:

Liftable/lowerable front and back 3 point hitch powered by pneumatic cylinders and 6L pump.

PTO in front and back powered by XL motor.

PTO and pump function is controlled via gearbox.

2 hose connectors in the front and 4 in the back.

All pneumatic functions are controlled via the valves on top of the cabine.

Liftable hood.

4 cylinder engine driven by rear axle.

I hope you like it!

It is very nice, but I see that hood is causing you a bit of trouble like on my model...OK I need to make proper steering with 3 modes..., but live axles and 6 cylinder engine are done (together with main chassis part). Just one question - did you made suspended axles?

:thumbup:

I like it very much. I only mising a video of all this functions.

Maybe I will add one in the future.

Nice work! And what about driving? forgot to mention or no space in the model?

Sorry about that. Of course driving is also available as front steering system.

It is very nice, but I see that hood is causing you a bit of trouble like on my model...OK I need to make proper steering with 3 modes..., but live axles and 6 cylinder engine are done (together with main chassis part). Just one question - did you made suspended axles?

hood is not making any trouble at all, it is completely stable.

suspended axle is also implemented: it is a torsion bar system.

you jumped the gun! The new tires from the Claas Xerion will be out later this year. :wink:

-- Kidding, this model looks great. Would love to see it with the new tires however. Also, the functioning sounds great, but like others have said, video would be great. I know it may sound tedious, but there really is only so much we, as an audience can enjoy, from pics only of a great Technic build such as this one.

you jumped the gun! The new tires from the Claas Xerion will be out later this year. :wink:

-- Kidding, this model looks great. Would love to see it with the new tires however. Also, the functioning sounds great, but like others have said, video would be great. I know it may sound tedious, but there really is only so much we, as an audience can enjoy, from pics only of a great Technic build such as this one.

The new tires would be way too big for this model. The scale of this model is based on the Volvo tires

Maybe I will add one in the future.

Sorry about that. Of course driving is also available as front steering system.

hood is not making any trouble at all, it is completely stable.

suspended axle is also implemented: it is a torsion bar system.

I believe that hood is very stable, but it is not smooth like on original one...I hope that I can find time to take pictures of my axles within chassis and post them - maybe my solution could help someone who reads this tread - of course with your permission

I believe that hood is very stable, but it is not smooth like on original one...I hope that I can find time to take pictures of my axles within chassis and post them - maybe my solution could help someone who reads this tread - of course with your permission

Yeah I would appreciate that.

Concerning the hood I understand what you mean.

I did not implement further steering methods because I had absolutely no space for building this in such a compact model.

But I am not the best Technic builder so maybe I missed something.

I did not implement further steering methods because I had absolutely no space for building this in such a compact model.

Yeah, space is also bothering me, specially if I want to motorize some functions like on Unimog, you'll see when I upload the pictures. I have Idea for steering similar to LEGO Xerion, but need to find time 4 LEGO

Very nice model, tyres are of putting a bit but you can only work with what you have ☺, great job anyway.

On 4/11/2016 at 1:24 PM, MAnd said:

On 4/11/2016 at 1:24 PM, MAnd said:

this is my idea of how axels should be made (if images are not lost on the way...)

Edited by I_Igor

(if images are not lost on the way...)

If you want to make the picture not lost, do not attach them because the Eurobricks site limit is 100k and you aren't supposed to use Eurobricks as a photo host. The small allowance is for an avatar image and Lego Digital Designer files for sharing. If you use an external image host and then link then deeplink the images (see this) then there should be no issues.

this is my idea of how axels should be made (if images are not lost on the way...)

That looks good man.

Hopefully you have enough space to implement further features.

That looks good man.

Hopefully you have enough space to implement further features.

I hope so, but yesterday I realize that I had to redesign central part and put central differential in in and whole linkage for steering something like on Barman's Xerion steering interpretation. Only difference is that I use 94.8 X 44 tires (the one from crawler), so chassis should be as narrow as possible

:wink:

If you want to make the picture not lost, do not attach them because the Eurobricks site limit is 100k and you aren't supposed to use Eurobricks as a photo host. The small allowance is for an avatar image and Lego Digital Designer files for sharing. If you use an external image host and then link then deeplink the images (see this) then there should be no issues.

I know that, but this image was just meant to help other builders if they want to do something like that. It is not finished version, so I'll make a gallery (not on Eurobricks) and link them here. thank you four your good intension's and info