"Whoa, steady girl," said Captain Anthony Genaro as he navigated his horse around workmen doing their part to ensure an uninterrupted flow of ore reached the surface and ultimately the smelters in Breshaun. Taking the utmost care not to disrupt anything, Genaro lead his horse towards Harold Kimber, whose black suit made him easily identifiable among a sea of workmen. As Genaro approached, Mr. Kimber turned around and cried out a traditional Oleander greeting. "Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades be with you Captain. I trust you had no difficulty in finding this place." "And may the gods stand by you, Mr. Kimber" replied Genaro. "And I'm not sure how anyone could possibly get lost. I must have passed five different carts hauling ore into town, not to mention the ruts in the road must be five inches deep from all the traffic."

Genaro paused for a moment to dismount and managed to get his sword stuck in the stirrups in the process. After a few oaths and some assistance from Mr. Kimber, Genaro continued. "I've never been so pleased in my life, well, never so pleased by land, that is." "You're too kind," replied Mr. Kimber with a small bow. "And I'm sure you'll continue to be pleased once I show you last month's records. Come, they're in the stone structure behind you." Mr. Kimber continued to talk about the operations as they walked, mentioning "pumps constantly jammed with rock" and "veins that go on for miles," and though Genaro smiled and nodded at appropriate times, he was barely paying attention. But who could blame him? After all, his risky investment had paid off, he was just beginning to learn of the extent of his new wealth, and in a few months time, he would have enough doubloons to invest in new ventures.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As always, comments and criticism are welcome pirate_classic.gif. More photos are available on my Flickr.

Overview

26259299632_14c7e7ae62_c.jpg

Captain Genaro and the honorable Mr. Kimber

25746832684_d22d1f82c8_c.jpg

Workmen extracting ore from a valuable vein.

26325701796_f502dc591f_c.jpg

Workmen fill barrels with ore and rock to be transported to the surface.

26351671475_0976ac830d_c.jpg

Edited by Captain Genaro

very interesting build! I like how you created this cramped underground atmosphere and at the same time present us a nice overground scene. Well done sir!

When I hear the word "mine" I immediately think of some mountain build, but you managed to show us overground and underground work simultaneously - great idea!

Great to see finally someone doing that kind of property. I really like that you added the actual mine below the surface. Superb crane.

Excellent idea with these two levels! Also as Jacob said, i too like the ore hauling thing (crane?). May our islands prosper with this new discovery!

Great concept Captain G! It really tells the story of what is happening. Have you found out what exactly you are mining yet, or is this just in anticipation?

You pulled off the multiple-layers feature really well. I like the terrain, and the shaft that leads down to the mine is very nice!

As others have commented the two level approach is really effective. Great looking mine!

Great build, I really like the two floors! They give a marvellous feeling to the scene

Great job establishing your mine and gaining its yield. :thumbup:

Good job on creating an underground mine.

The idea of building above- and below ground in a mine scene turned out really well. It looks great and the high amount of accessability is nice. I'm also curious about what they're mining - obviously the miners must know, to be able to work effectively. I'm guessing silver. :classic:

Ooh! I really like your approach to showing above ground and below ground! Good figure posing. Well done!

A lovely little mine, beautifully modelled. Looks like the nvestment will pay off after all! The above and below ground idea is great, I also liked the winding gear, the lamp and the fiugre posing. My great grand father and my wife's were both coal miners, so its in the blood, and its great to see it getting proper coverage in BoBS. Although I'm not quite sure what kind of mine this is? Iron I guess?

To address a common question, it is a silver mine. It is the result of a prospecting build from February (better late than neverpirate_blush.gif). I tried to represent the silver ore with pearl-silver 1x1 round tiles throughout the shaft and in the cart, but my photography skills (or lack thereof) make it hard to discern the DBG and pearl-silver.

very interesting build! I like how you created this cramped underground atmosphere and at the same time present us a nice overground scene. Well done sir!

The underground scene is a little taller than I would like, but I'm glad it still looks cramped.

When I hear the word "mine" I immediately think of some mountain build, but you managed to show us overground and underground work simultaneously - great idea!

I was concerned about the transition between the mine and the surface, so I'm glad that you feel it works well together.

Oh, this two layer concept is brilliant. Watch out for sinkholes!

Haha, I'll be sure to warn the foremanpir_laugh2.gif

Great to see finally someone doing that kind of property. I really like that you added the actual mine below the surface. Superb crane.

As strange as it may sound, the crane was one of the hardest parts. It's a rather flimsy build, and preventing the basket from tipping over was harder than I expected.

Excellent idea with these two levels! Also as Jacob said, i too like the ore hauling thing (crane?). May our islands prosper with this new discovery!

Hopefully this is just the first of many successful Oleon mining adventures!

Great concept Captain G! It really tells the story of what is happening. Have you found out what exactly you are mining yet, or is this just in anticipation?

Thank you. My story telling is not the best, but I assure you I'm working on it.

You pulled off the multiple-layers feature really well. I like the terrain, and the shaft that leads down to the mine is very nice!

As others have commented the two level approach is really effective. Great looking mine!

Great build, I really like the two floors! They give a marvellous feeling to the scene

Great job establishing your mine and gaining its yield. :thumbup:

Good job on creating an underground mine.

Thank you all very much.

The idea of building above- and below ground in a mine scene turned out really well. It looks great and the high amount of accessability is nice. I'm also curious about what they're mining - obviously the miners must know, to be able to work effectively. I'm guessing silver. :classic:

Looks like one person guessed right.

Ooh! I really like your approach to showing above ground and below ground! Good figure posing. Well done!

As simple as it may seem, the posing of figs can really help a scene look alive.

A lovely little mine, beautifully modelled. Looks like the nvestment will pay off after all! The above and below ground idea is great, I also liked the winding gear, the lamp and the fiugre posing. My great grand father and my wife's were both coal miners, so its in the blood, and its great to see it getting proper coverage in BoBS. Although I'm not quite sure what kind of mine this is? Iron I guess?

I'm glad you like it so much. Perhaps your blood will convince you to MOC up a mine sometime soon.

There is so much going for this build but the two layers is the best part. The crane and the workman's lamp are both excellent details that make it come alive.

Nice story accompanied by a great two-layered build. I really like the flair of the underground scene.

The shot of inside the mine is fantastic, the size is just right to feel cramped enough. The whole scene is great, a real hub of activity, with lots of nice details. I can't wait to see more mining action :-) and I hope this endeavour makes you a tidy profit :-)

Great story telling, and beautiful mine. I will not repeat all the praise (you will just get too full of yourself... pirate_wink.gif ) but only suggest that next time, it would make more sense if the mineshaft was deeper. Currently, it seems to me that they might as well have made an open mine! pirate_wink.gif

Oh, and BTW... Don't trust that Kimber fellow... Cooke had some business with a "gentleman" of the same name, and it did not go well... pirate_tong.gifpirate_wink.gif