michaelozzie

[MOC] Imperial hovertank R1 trailer

After seeing the Rogue One trailer I thought I would try a quick MOC of the hovertank that appeared briefly. A lot of guesswork what it will look like as we can't see it all, but this is my idea.

26320524926_5ee1453c07.jpgImperial hovertank from R1 trailer. by Michael, on Flickr

26320522986_cf7465d37f.jpgImperial hovertank from R1 trailer. by Michael, on Flickr

26320522646_f2dfd5bf80.jpgImperial hovertank from R1 trailer. by Michael, on Flickr

And a photo with its attack group ready to crush the Rebels.

26254085852_047c685414.jpgImperial hovertank from R1 trailer. by Michael, on Flickr

I think everyone was wondering how long this was going to take :laugh: three days...three days. You built a rush job basically and it looks awesome! It is accurate to everything we see on the trailer, and it looks great next to all the other Imperial stuff.

My only question, although it's something none of us know, is it a repulsor craft? Perhaps transparent 2X2 nubs often used on the bottom of TLG ships would help create that effect?

Nice work. Do you have mor photos of hovercraft and this building next to it?

I think everyone was wondering how long this was going to take :laugh: three days...three days. You built a rush job basically and it looks awesome! It is accurate to everything we see on the trailer, and it looks great next to all the other Imperial stuff.

My only question, although it's something none of us know, is it a repulsor craft? Perhaps transparent 2X2 nubs often used on the bottom of TLG ships would help create that effect?

Thanks and yes I will add some clear round 2x2s underneath. Curious if it is actually a hovertank as everyone assumes or a tracked vehicle.

Nice work. Do you have mor photos of hovercraft and this building next to it?

Yes there are more photos of the building on my flickr. It's a project I've been working on for a while now. Click on the photos and it will link to my account.

This looks incredible! I think it might be a darker grey but as far as the teaser goes it really is hard to tell. Yours looks great in the lighter grey though and certainly fits very well with your other Imperial vehicles! :)

This looks incredible! I think it might be a darker grey but as far as the teaser goes it really is hard to tell. Yours looks great in the lighter grey though and certainly fits very well with your other Imperial vehicles! :)

Thanks and yes I agree it looks darker in the trailer. I had at first hoped to try it in dark grey but my supplies are a bit low in that colour right now. Too many big building projects lately have begun exhausting my grey bricks. The light grey matches better with my other vehicles though like you said.

Looks great even though we haven't seen the full vehicle and it looks great with the other Imperial vehicles! Also nice base!

You beat me to it! I've got a MOC of this that I'll probably post on here in the next week.

It's totally gonna be a hover tank. Treads are not Imperial.