Sign in to follow this  
mdbz

SPARK Industries

Hello !

Some words about me: my main Lego theme is technic, but I like trains and city also. I decided to make some train releated MOC under the aegis of Spark Industries.

There are many plans, but one came true, and another one is almost finished. So I'd like to show the products (and plans) in this topic.

The goal:

Build not too complex (meaning: not display only), fresh and recognizable MOCs with good functionality for the existing Lego train world.

Please comment, advice...

(I'm from Hungary, sorry for my bad English)

Edited by mdbz

Starlight ENE24

The first MOC is a Locomotive of course. :wink:

She is a powerful electric loco, with ability to run very fast with passenger cars, pull heavy cargo or just work in a big station.

800x600.jpg

Loaded with PF:

2 RC train motors

2 IR receiver

4 LED

1 polarity switch

And battery box (AAA)

The two motors gives enough power to pull very long trains or climb up inclined tracks. (But empty the battery box faster)

It was necessary to build in a polarity switch to reverse the 2nd motor's rotation direction. Placed to the only remaining room, below the train baseplate:

800x239.jpg

There are 2 light chanels. One contains 2 Pf LEDs, one headlight, and at the opposite end, one taillight.

The chanel selection is made by the remote unit, depending on the moving direction.

800x372.jpg

The biggest challenge was to place and hide the PF cables (almost 2 meters) such a small place.

Inside the loco, wasn't remains a cubic centimetre of free space.

More pics:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x484.jpg

Hope You like It!

If so, you can support it on ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/137502

Edited by mdbz

Nice idea with the switch under the base. And those giant slopes on the front looks really interesting. Quite an unique design.

Very creative!

Really nice to see something completely new. Very nice and surprising shape. Looks attractive that way. And a good colour combination as well.

For a set I don't think it would be necessary to have two motors I think. (Although if it would become a set I would put in two anyway :laugh: )

Thank You the comments !

Currently I'm working on a matching passenger car.

The design is almost ready (ldd and the real build too), major missing thing is the interior, but the easiest way to describe it, to show a pic:

800x436.jpg

It's heavy a bit (1200 parts), so the loco will pull only 2 cars.

Needs some ordering to finish, but I'm on it :)

Still missing some parts (difficult to buy in Hungary) from the passenger car, so I built a tanker car till the finishing.

So:

Spark Industries presents: Moonlight CAF24 heavy tanker.

The goal was to build a relative simple, big tanker, with classic Lego lines.

Achieved? Let's see:

800x600.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800x600.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800x600.jpg

Info:

- 320 parts

- 6w, 28 long

- two different color scheme planned

- uploaded to 'ideas' like the othetr products

That locomotive is a nice, eloquent design with good colors, good curves and good use of normally useless parts. I try not to bump old threads like this (I missed it first time around) but you've incorporated an exceptional feature that I don't think I've ever seen before, hiding the polarity switch under the frame.

The two motors gives enough power to pull very long trains or climb up inclined tracks. (But empty the battery box faster)

It was necessary to build in a polarity switch to reverse the 2nd motor's rotation direction. Placed to the only remaining room, below the train baseplate:

800x239.jpg

After the holiday, the Starlight PA48 passenger car's prototype is finished at Spark Industries.

Some basic info:

- 6 studs wide and 86 long

- 3 segment

- 4 bogie: 2 articulated and 2 standart

- it can roll on all real lego tracks

- 2 openable door (middle segment)

- 6 passengers

- 1250 parts

800x168.jpg

800x600.jpg800x513.jpg

800x436.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x536.jpg

In action with Starlight ENE24 (hunltc layout):

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Hope You like! You can support it on ideas :)

Nice, I am very impressed by the articulated bogies. I don't think I've seen anyone else attempt it (probably missed those threads).

Hi, dear lego train fans!

We are working hard at Spark Industries, so I want to show the new engine's (almost finished) plans:

640x404.jpg

Powered by 1 rc buggy motor. Working head and tail light. The real built is in 'chassis only' stage, but ready for the first test runs. Wish her good luck ! :)

Hi

New refrigator car from Spark Industries. Maersk line addition :)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

New double hopper car from Spark Industries. Named Moonlight CAH-36. Contains about 900 parts.

800x262.jpg

With working function:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

You can open and close the cargo doors with this technic gear-wheel :

800x600.jpg

And the first tests:

800x600.jpg

Hope you like it!

Supported, even though the vast majority of Lego Ideas supporters only want more volkswagen creator cars or random items from entertainment franchises that require licensing. 

Still gotta show support for an awesome Eurobricks train submission. Beautiful engines and cars. 

Hello!

Firstly, thanks for the kind words, I didn't want to thumb up the topic with this.

After months of work, we finished the new Spark Industries engine.That was the most time and money consuming project so far.:classic:

Named: Moonlight DEN36 

800x600.jpg

A robust diesel engine to pull heavy cargo trains. She rolls on 6 axles: 2 free and 4 driven. Working headlights, and ventilating on the top.

Basic build info:

- 7 wide, and 50 long

- about 1300 pieces, 1190g  (with batteries)

- rigid chassis, built with technic parts

- one motor for driving, in the middle of the loco

- detailed cabin

- two 3 axle bogies (2-2 driven)

Electric side:

- 1 battery box (AAA) (located at the tail)

- 1 V2 PF infra receiver

- 1 RC Buggy motor for driving (using the faster 'output')  -  downgeared (20/12) - infra 'A' port

- 1 PF m motor for driving the two vents (on the top of the engine) - operated with the 'B' out of the infra 

- 2 PF led - headlight - works together with the m motor

- 1 PF extension cable (20cm)

Some pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Hope You like it !

That's a very nice loco! I'd say it looks more like a passenger locomotive with the single cab, the type you'd find at both ends of a matching rake of coaches (or at least here in the UK). Of course, you can use it for whatever you like! :wink:

A really strong looking locomotive! I think the color scheme and the shape give it a nice modern looking. The decoration of the boogies is also nicely done. Now go build another one so you have a cab on each side. :grin:

(Now something about the big brothers of yours) I guess that there are quite a lot of diesel engines with only one cab, I also count the American ones since it seems it's much easier to drive them "forward". On the real locomotives you want to save as much as you can. So if you're going to use several engines anyway or have a cab car on the end (especially looking at EMD F7 with it's A- and B-Units, the engine of the Super Chief and the trains ColletArrow mentioned) there is no need for two cabs on the locomotive.

While I usually prefer models based on real prototypes, I find your MOCs are compelling. There are a lot of great details in the locomotive. Very impressive work just with the wedge plates alone. The striping and grebbling are well done, even if there wasn't a particular prototype it certainly has the feel that there was.

On 2017. 03. 29. at 6:31 AM, zephyr1934 said:

While I usually prefer models based on real prototypes, I find your MOCs are compelling. There are a lot of great details in the locomotive. Very impressive work just with the wedge plates alone. The striping and grebbling are well done, even if there wasn't a particular prototype it certainly has the feel that there was.

I enjoy much better to create fictional models (lego - infinite imaginations may comes real)  than modelling real ones, and I really glad You like it.

I found one more image to share, which shows almost all model created in the first year of my train journey:

800x1067.jpg

Hope the next year will be as good as the first was :)