Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-FB1] Military Governor's Office: King's Harbour

Outstanding contracts:

Outstanding offers:

The military governor's office in King's Harbouris where the settlement is managed, and where you will find all outstanding contracts, offers and incentives, as well as all other issues related to the management of King's Harbour, both military and civilian.

25717448264_95004df7a3_c.jpg

The small but stately building was one of the first to be erected on the new stone quays. It is rather small, but for the early beginnings of the settlement, it is more than sufficient. However, in time, the administration is apt to outgrow this small building.

26229894412_a32a9e08fc_c.jpg

Outside the building this very day, Cooke and Montoya are conducting each their business. Due to a shortage of manpower, Cooke has commandeered young mr. Baker, nominally Montoya's research assistant, and is currently dictating a contract for a new despatch vessel for local communications, especially to improve contact to the fortress at Chase Point, to far away for overland contact.

At the same time, Montoya is welcoming Ibn al'Sayeed, manager of the Montoya Estate, who has arrived with the Sphinx, while his crew is dragging a heavy chest of gold into the new office.

Hereby a small office for the management of King's Harbour. Of course, C&C for the build and story is welcome, but in the long run, this post will be used for different announcements and the like, relating to King's Harbour.

Any advice on what license type I should choose?

Edited by Bregir

To all shipwrights, ship-, and boatyards of New Terra, (Contract closed)

The Corlander settlement King's Harbour is need of a small, fast, ocean-going vessel to carry local communications and supplies, including for the fort at Chase Point.

The contract includes a station for the vessel in King's Harbour, where messages and supplies can be deposited and loaded.

Contractors are to present their designs to the Military Governor, Captain Jno. Cooke (in this thread), who will pick the preferred design to be purchased for the sum of 40 gold dubloons.

Any questions are to be directed at the Governor's office. (Here)

Signed

Captain Jno. Cooke

Provisional Military Governor

King's Harbour, Cocovia

OOC:

This is a contract for an unlicensed vessel (class 1F) and a station (pier/quay/?) to go with it. The station should include some sort of office/small warehouse, where the crew can rest, messages can be deposited, goods can be loaded, etc (Think small or medium property). Creativity is encouraged, but I prefer a realistic spin.

Keep in mind that King's Harbour is still a young settlement.

All designs can be submitted as freebuilds (and the builder can claim the freebuild dubloons), but if the MOC is purchased, the right of use (licensing) will pass to King's Harbour. (Well, me.)

I will not make a decision earlier than the 20th of April, to give interested contractors time to build, but will keep the offer open until a suitable moc is found.

Edited by Bregir

The King's Harbour Foundation

As the Society of Natural Philosophy wishes to support the exploration and scientific grandeur of the Empire, the board has established a foundation for the new settlement of King's Harbour. This foundation offers to fund half the cost of establishing any business relevant for the naval base. This includes, but is not limited to, the following enterprises:

• Docks, piers, cranes
  • Arsenal
  • Shipyard
  • Naval outfitter
  • Provisioner
  • Naval Hospital

Anyone wishing to take advantage of the foundation should contact Don Isaac Montoya, fellow of the Society, and local fund manager, or whoever he might chose to appoint for the task.

In return for its investment, the Society of Natural Philosophers will require a share of profits, namely that of the months April, August and December until such a time that three payments have been made. As the Society is a non-profit organisation, these proceeds will go into the funds managed by the foundation, rather than to any stakeholders.

Signed

Central Executive Committee

Society of Natural Philosophy

Any advice on what license type I should choose?

If there are business contracts signed, perhaps it falls under commerce?

My own Velvet Room being a HQ for a commercial entity is licenced as commerce.

Neat building. I would love to see it embedded in a larger layout of King's harbour. Great idea to use it as place for announcements.

Offer accepted and contract closed. Stay tuned for new contracts.

(If you had planned to bid for this contract, and have something tangible ready, feel free to contact the military governor with your proposal.)

Hmmm... a quarry, sawmill and brickyard/oven were three things I had planned... it seems we're thinking alike there. But I fear my building pace will be too slow to contribute to these contract builds, at least for now...

To all contractors and entrepreneurs of New Terra,

Are you looking for opportunity? To make your fortune in the new world? Well, look no more, for the governor of King's Harbour presents an offer you can hardly refuse.

Lumbermill for King's Harbour

King's Harbour is on the verge of rapid expansion, and therefore sorely in need of lumber for construction, mainly in the form of rafters, beams, and planks. This contract is for the design of a medium lumbermill for processing raw lumber, and the focus should be on the facility for processing the lumber, not the actual logging.

Contractors are to present their designs to the Military Governor, Captain Jno. Cooke (in this thread), who will pick the preferred design. The preferred design will be purchased at 25 dbs. Corlanders may instead elect to construct and run the lumbermill themselves, and receive 40 dbs towards the construction. (Licensing)

Signed

Captain Jno. Cooke

King's Harbour, Cocovia

OOC:

This is a contract for an unlicensed medium factory, which should include facilities for processing lumber. Creativity is encouraged, but I prefer a realistic spin.

All designs can be submitted as freebuilds (and the builder can claim the freebuild dubloons), but if the MOC is purchased, the right of use (licensing) will pass to King's Harbour. (Well, me.) As stated, Corlanders may choose to license the property themselves, and, instead of the 25 db upfront, receive 40 db towards the licensing costs (of 50 db).

I will not make a decision earlier than the 15th of May, to give interested contractors time to build, but will keep the offer open until a suitable moc is found.

On 26/04/2016 at 3:49 PM, Bregir said:

To all contractors and entrepreneurs of New Terra,

Are you looking for opportunity? To make your fortune in the new world? Well, look no more, for the governor of King's Harbour presents an offer you can hardly refuse.

Lumbermill for King's Harbour

King's Harbour is on the verge of rapid expansion, and therefore sorely in need of lumber for construction, mainly in the form of rafters, beams, and planks. This contract is for the design of a medium lumbermill for processing raw lumber, and the focus should be on the facility for processing the lumber, not the actual logging.

Contractors are to present their designs to the Military Governor, Captain Jno. Cooke (in this thread), who will pick the preferred design. The preferred design will be purchased at 25 dbs. Corlanders may instead elect to construct and run the lumbermill themselves, and receive 40 dbs towards the construction. (Licensing)

Signed

Captain Jno. Cooke

King's Harbour, Cocovia

OOC:

This is a contract for an unlicensed medium factory, which should include facilities for processing lumber. Creativity is encouraged, but I prefer a realistic spin.

All designs can be submitted as freebuilds (and the builder can claim the freebuild dubloons), but if the MOC is purchased, the right of use (licensing) will pass to King's Harbour. (Well, me.) As stated, Corlanders may choose to license the property themselves, and, instead of the 25 db upfront, receive 40 db towards the licensing costs (of 50 db).

I will not make a decision earlier than the 15th of May, to give interested contractors time to build, but will keep the offer open until a suitable moc is found.

Update!

The military governor has raised the offer to 100 dbs for the winning design(s). Should a contractor wish to license and run the factory himself, the compensation will be 80 dbs.

Captain Jonathan Cooke, RN

Colonial Governor of the Southern Isles, Mayor of King's Harbour

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

Update!

The military governor has raised the offer to 100 dbs for the winning design(s). Should a contractor wish to license and run the factory himself, the compensation will be 80 dbs.

Captain Jonathan Cooke, RN

Colonial Governor of the Southern Isles, Mayor of King's Harbour

Hmm, not a bad offer.  May the contractor licence and run the factory themselves for the afore-named compensation if they belong to another faction? :wink:

(Note: I'm totally not sure if I'll have the time to do this myself - I've got heaps on heaps of things on my to-build list already.  Mostly just curious, but you never know when an opportunity to build something not on the list might make its appearance :grin:)

8 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Hmm, not a bad offer.  May the contractor licence and run the factory themselves for the afore-named compensation if they belong to another faction? :wink:

Contractors on friendly terms with the King's Harbour Administration and the Crown of Corrington are welcome to operate the factory themselves, subject to the 80 dbs compensation. :)