Sign in to follow this  
BrikWarrior

Can I delete my account?

Hey remember in that documentary film, The Ten Commandments (1956)?

"Let the name of Moses be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt. Let the name of Moses be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time."

How'd THAT work out for the Egyptians?

Edited by sparkart

Hey remember in that documentary film, The Ten Commandments (1956)?

"Let the name of Moses be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt. Let the name of Moses be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time."

How'd THAT work out for the Egyptians?

If Bublible is your Moses, he struck out his own name. If we are the Egyptians, we are trying to keep his info intact. So, you allegory is broken.

If Bublible is your Moses, he struck out his own name. If we are the Egyptians, we are trying to keep his info intact. So, you allegory is broken.

But Moses was an Egyptian, so his allegory is still intact. In this case, our friend Bubbles is both Moses and the Egyptians, just as Moses was.

EDIT: Moses thinks I'm wise too.

Edited by Actor Builder

I was trying to say that erasing history can make it all the more conspicuous.. Maybe that's what he wanted, I don't know. The irony is, bublible wanted to remove his name, and made a big fuss over it, so his fame went to infamy. That's the kind of behavior that inspires people to track you down on reddit and YouTube and downvote and dislike all your content. Not that anyone should ever do that. It's not satisfying. Really. Don't do it. Don't. That's just immature. Please. C'mon, now.

Obviously, this forum meant a lot to the poor guy, he got pretty worked up over it, but my real sympathies go to the moderators and staff. They did and do a fine job of keeping the peace. Thanks, guys.

P.S. Someday, I hope to be as wise as Actor Builder.

:laugh:

Thanks for making this a little entertaining. :blush:

Maybe it will all work out in the end.

Personally, I'm against deleting a member's account because if someone has hundreds of posts, deleting the account deletes all of those posts and then we have topics with people responding to posts that no longer exist. It's a discussion forum, discussions happen and they occurred whether a member wants to stay or not. Our registration terms even mention this when a member signs up.

Totally agree. The discussions happened. They are historical fact. Leaving accounts intact is the right call.

Totally agree. The discussions happened. They are historical fact. Leaving accounts intact is the right call.

If only to exhibit a half-cocked threat of legal action (really?) because someone didn't like the actions of a moderator presiding over a competition which is intended to encourage fun and creativity.

[...] I am 100% sure if I would be that rigorous and actualy contact my lawyer it would be considered as "ulawful" (but i won't - lost of time).

Can a new user take his old username when the old name has been renamed?

Can a new user take his old username when the old name has been renamed?

In some cases, yes but not with his. I won't explain why because of account security. But normally, yes.