Dryroasted

What is a good price per pound for unused LEGO?

I'm thinking of selling my Bricklink store's parts inventory and am wondering how i can get the best price for it, i have around 18.000 parts. I could discount the parts and try to sell though Bricklink but then people would pick and choose and i would have a hard time packing all these individual orders. I rather make pound lots or sell the whole thing at once. I only have new unused parts.

Edited by Dryroasted

I would send you a pm, but I can't yet. I'd be interested in seeing what you have and possibly purchasing it all

You can create Super Lot with all your pieces on BL to be sold as one sale item. Depending on your geographical location it might be worth mentioning about such sale on BL forums.

Depending what you have various targeted lots may work well on ebay. For example groups based on color, or certain categories of shape for more specialized items. If your inventory is very diverse (such as mainly sourced from sets vs PAB), this will be harder. You could also try themes, like star wars relevant parts, city relevant parts, etc.

The last time I bought on a BL "sale", the seller did something like this:

Per-lot, you had to pick either the whole lot, or at least 100 items of the same lot, and you got 50%

I don't know how it worked for him, but I bought a lot of parts that I didn't need at that moment.

But selling 18k random parts, it'd really have to be cheap, and consider that there are new Lego sets that can be bought for down to 4cents/piece.

Edited by anothergol

But selling 18k random parts, it'd really have to be cheap, and consider that there are new Lego sets that can be bought for down to 4cents/piece.

Like what?

Like what?

Usually Creator sets on sale.

I bought several boxes of the 1500 piece Creator Parts Box (10697) including a free baseplate for 40,00€ a box. That came down to 0,026€ per piece (excluding the baseplate).

Usually Creator sets on sale.

I bought several boxes of the 1500 piece Creator Parts Box (10697) including a free baseplate for 40,00€ a box. That came down to 0,026€ per piece (excluding the baseplate).

Creator is not e very good example here, included parts often very basic and and not very expensive on BL. Technic pins cost 0,026€ (and nobody really needs them), so majority of the parts cost much more. Price would depend on the actual parts in a lot.

Like what?

like, recently, all those ugly Chima sets that were discounted a lot.

And yeah, I wouldn't buy them because the parts suck/are in ugly colors, but that's exactly what I'm saying, if it's random Lego by the weight, unless we can see all that's inside, it doesn't have more value than those bargained sets (which it might as well originate from).