Kai NRG

Calling Volunteers! Eslandola Vs. Mardier - Build Off

Last month, the dastardly privateering villain L'Olius forced the Queen of Terreli (ESL crown) to surrender and captured the Fenix. These acts of aggression have proved very concerning to the Eslandian crown, and it has determined that it will not permit its shipping to be threatened in this manner with impunity!

L'Olius is a privateer for Mardier, based at Terraversa. He holds a letter of marque from the governor of the island, who is at odds with the current Mardier King during the Civil War. That being the case, the Mardier courts were willing to consider the situation, in the hopes of avoiding a rupture with Eslandola.

So we're calling for volunteers for a build off to decide the case.

• Three volunteers for each side (Eslandola and Mardier).
  • To volunteer, apply in this topic and state which side you'd like to help.
  • Each volunteer will have to build one MOC.
  • 20x20 limit on MOC size, with a minimal overhang.
  • Deadline is April 25th.
  • Any BoBS member can volunteer for either side, but Eslandians cannot volunteer for Mardier.
  • Each team must incorporate the following four themes at least once in their total of three builds: the court, the prisoners, L'Olius, and pineapples.
  • Once the teams are determined, a PM thread will be set up for each team.
  • Builds must be posted in their own thread and linked to below.
  • All builds will earn 10 DBs (but will not count as free builds).
  • If Mardier wins, Mardier volunteers will receive 75 DBs (that's 40% of the profit at stake divided between the three participants).
  • Building may commence as soon as one team (either one) has reached three volunteers.
  • After the 25th, a voting thread will be set up. All EB members will be invited to determine (based on the MOCs) which side deserves to win this case.
  • If Eslandola wins, both ships will be restored to their original owners. If Mardier wins, both ships will remain with L'Olius.

More information on L'Olius:

L'Olius is a maritime hero, who at one point was one of the Royal Family's favorite captains. However, he has sided with Terraversa and the rebels, as he is actually a descendant of one of the Terraversa tribes. He very loosely walks the privateer line with little justification other than his own fervent support on the Island.

So... who's up for a challenge? Throw down the gauntlet and let's get bricking!

Will the builders get some sort of reward, or is this purely motivated by the possible change in title of the vessels? pirate_blush.gif

Will the builders get some sort of reward, or is this purely motivated by the possible change in title of the vessels? pirate_blush.gif

How un-Eslandian of me to forget that! Yes, all builds will be rewarded with 10 DBs (but they won't count as free-builds).

So technically that means that at least one player would have to include two themes?

Anyway, I, Benjamin Morgan sell my cutlass to Eslandola. Easy earned coin for only 20x20.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I, Windar would like to volunteer for this dangerous task, of course, for my homeland, Eslandola.

Also, what would we be titling our builds when posted?

Edited by Windusky

So technically that means that at least one player would have to include two themes? ...

Yes.

Umbra-Manis, that is classic! You, sir, have style!

pir_laugh2.gif

The PM thread for Eslandola's team is now up and running, so fire away at will! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

And I suppose you cannot enter against your own faction in these kind of minichallenges, as that would lead to conflict of interest?

And I suppose you cannot enter against your own faction in these kind of minichallenges, as that would lead to conflict of interest?

Why not? A Sea Rat signed up for Eslandola is going against privateer?

I have no quarrel with the current sig-ups, but concievably, three Eslandolians could sign up for the other side and put up really crappy builds to get back their vessels.

Thus, I suggest that you should not be able to sign up against your own faction. Noone did so sofar. I was hypothesising.

I have no quarrel with the current sig-ups, but concievably, three Eslandolians could sign up for the other side and put up really crappy builds to get back their vessels.

Thus, I suggest that you should not be able to sign up against your own faction. Noone did so sofar. I was hypothesising.

Good point - however, as a leader should be in both PMs there shouldn't be a problem with that, though I rather doubt that would happen anyhow pirate_classic.gif Adding a rule specifying against such possible conflict of interests may be a good idea though.

Eslandola is full...

Well, I'm not going to betray my own faction.

...Well, I'm not going to betray my own faction.

Good... pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

It is great that so many are willing to sign up on behalf of Eslandola and more likely an easy 10 doubloons but if this carries on as is I suggest the owner(s) of the ships in question get to say yes or no before the whole thing gets fully loaded. I wasn't going to do it unless I had to but if it had been a ship id paid for it would have been a different story. Good luck builders get my little ship back please :) oh and the Queen of Terelli which might be ever so slightly important to the nation ...

Yes, that possibility had occurred to me. Obviously that would be prohibited. And I hope no Eslandian would be so disloyal as to sign up against the faction in earnest! However, a general prohibition sounds like a good precaution.

It is great that so many are willing to sign up on behalf of Eslandola and more likely an easy 10 doubloons but if this carries on as is I suggest the owner(s) of the ships in question get to say yes or no before the whole thing gets fully loaded. I wasn't going to do it unless I had to but if it had been a ship id paid for it would have been a different story. Good luck builders get my little ship back please :) oh and the Queen of Terelli which might be ever so slightly important to the nation ...

You mean say yes or no to the team members? (I like the way the teams are arranged vs. I don't like the way the teams are arranged?) The problem with that is that it could take a while to satisfy everyone and also this is just sort of an extra measure to possibly get the ships back; it's not supposed to be loaded dice in favor of Eslandola (which, if I had to approve the teams, it probably would be pirate_laugh2.gif ).

No I just meant having the chance to be one of the three, if this was Eslandola vs a.n.other and I had a 5A from my own pocket on the line I would want the chance to have one of the spots.

No I just meant having the chance to be one of the three, if this was Eslandola vs a.n.other and I had a 5A from my own pocket on the line I would want the chance to have one of the spots.

Ah, I see, yes, that's a good point and I'll keep it in mind for next time we have this scenario. :thumbup:

Ahem... I am not sure about others being on the side of ESL unless they can't find a third. That seems a little odd to me.

Ahem... I am not sure about others being on the side of ESL unless they can't find a third. That seems a little odd to me.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the other side, but we (ESL) already have three members.

Is anyone building for Mardier? (*ominous music begins*)

I might like a slice of that action......pirate_devg1.gif

Edited by Vedauwoo

ESL has three members from ESL? I thought Jacob was included in there.

I thought you meant... Well, we have three members on our team, only two of us are actually ESL though. Jacob is the oddity.