May I present you the first ship sailing under my command: the Warbringer!

She is small, does not look like a real lady. But she doesn't behave like one either. When getting in range she is a deadly enemy to every ship of the same size.

26307922875_0e69e90f28_b.jpg

25705178253_c97836dc21_b.jpg

26035048750_8eabec5916_b.jpg

This is supposed to be a class 2A vessel.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Jacob Nion

Cool, and very different, take on class two, Jacob.

I like the curves of her cabin, and the details of the rigging, but my favourite part is the embrasure for the guns - it reminds me of the early monitors, carrying their guns in enclosed, armoured casemates, rather than on a (relatively) open deck. While it will be hard for her to bring all guns to bear, I suppose a different tactic is used, to let the enemy come into each gun's firing arch in turn? pir_laugh2.gif (Seems to be a bit short in terms of room for recoil in there, though! pirate_tong.gif )

The brick built hull is well done too, although it would benefit from a few more curves.

A few thoughts on rigging.

In isolated terms, your rigging is very nice, with details such as the shrouds and main chains, and the fighting top. However, I would say that she is underrigged, as that casemate must be pretty heavy. Further, only early one-masters carried squaresails, and I think she would handle better with a larger fore-and-aft rig. For a one-master, the mast should generally be as tall as the vessel is long (often plus a bit), and with your placement of the mast, I would suggest a few headsails (jibs), a large spanker sail, and a square topsail.

Given the slightly fantasiesque nature of this vessel, I don't know if that is of any use to you - but I hope it can at least set some thoughts in motion for when you next decide to try out a vessel! pirate_blush.gif

Very nice and innovative first BoBS vessel! I hope not to meet her and that dangerous casemate on my travels! pirate_oh3.gif

I like her rotating turretr, someone has been playing Man O War hehe

Good lucking vessel!

Neat idea with the USS Monitor's gun turret design which was around the end of the age of sail. The ship has the look of a cog which preceded it by a few centuries. I think you have cleverly spanned the age of sail with one build.

Please remember to submit the ship license form so she can sail with the Sea Rats in the next MRCA. pirate_classic.gif

Very nice ship! Though it's small, you got all the curves of one right! I like that multiple cannon thing!

I love that little armoured section on the front, it looks like exactly the kind of thing the sea rats might lash up without the restraints of laws and stuff. pir_laugh2.gif I guess she would be rather slow and unwieldy but with a deadly bite!

What a fantastic idea, and great execution as usual.

Good to have your builds around here as well.

A unique warship - looks like something out of Da Vinci's notebooks!

Cool, and very different, take on class two, Jacob.

I like the curves of her cabin, and the details of the rigging, but my favourite part is the embrasure for the guns - it reminds me of the early monitors, carrying their guns in enclosed, armoured casemates, rather than on a (relatively) open deck. While it will be hard for her to bring all guns to bear, I suppose a different tactic is used, to let the enemy come into each gun's firing arch in turn? :pir_laugh2: (Seems to be a bit short in terms of room for recoil in there, though! :pir-tongue: )

The brick built hull is well done too, although it would benefit from a few more curves.

A few thoughts on rigging.

In isolated terms, your rigging is very nice, with details such as the shrouds and main chains, and the fighting top. However, I would say that she is underrigged, as that casemate must be pretty heavy. Further, only early one-masters carried squaresails, and I think she would handle better with a larger fore-and-aft rig. For a one-master, the mast should generally be as tall as the vessel is long (often plus a bit), and with your placement of the mast, I would suggest a few headsails (jibs), a large spanker sail, and a square topsail.

Given the slightly fantasiesque nature of this vessel, I don't know if that is of any use to you - but I hope it can at least set some thoughts in motion for when you next decide to try out a vessel! :pir-blush:

Very nice and innovative first BoBS vessel! I hope not to meet her and that dangerous casemate on my travels! :pir-oh3:

Thank you! I assure you we share the same passion for old sailing vessels, seafaring regardless of culture and time period always fascinated me, so I understand your complaints. But in terms of Lego, I decided to just quit realism in most cases. Partly because of all those old small classic pirate vessels I loved and always keep in mind, partly because even if this RPG is age of sail, it's a fantasy world, but mainly simply because of the limited size I build these kind of ships. I want to keep it easy and clear, and want to add some of my notorious crazy ideas, like this cannon carousel thingy. I took my time before coming up with an idea for my first ship, compared the sizes of all current class 2 vessels and thought of how to integrate roughly 8 cannons. And this is what came out. And honestly I was looking for some sort of exaggerated, near to chibi style. It's a question of personal taste I think, and I won't do this kind of style all the time. Of course the great goal is to have one badass supercool BSB sized flag ship one day, and that one will definitely have more realistic features.

I like her rotating turretr, someone has been playing Man O War hehe

Good lucking vessel!

Sadly no, but thanks!

Neat idea with the USS Monitor's gun turret design which was around the end of the age of sail. The ship has the look of a cog which preceded it by a few centuries. I think you have cleverly spanned the age of sail with one build.

Please remember to submit the ship license form so she can sail with the Sea Rats in the next MRCA. :pir-classic:

Aye, licensing ahead! Thanks, haha, it's great how people discover new aspects to a moc the builder hasn't seen or intended to show :pir-grin:

Very nice ship! Though it's small, you got all the curves of one right! I like that multiple cannon thing!

Amazing turret design! Really nice curves on this ship.

Thank you sirs!

The gun/cannon/turret design reminds me more of drawings that Leonardo da Vinci did - he would have loved this!

thumbup.gif

Didn't have daVinci in mind when building, but you're right!

I love that little armoured section on the front, it looks like exactly the kind of thing the sea rats might lash up without the restraints of laws and stuff. :pir_laugh2: I guess she would be rather slow and unwieldy but with a deadly bite!

Definitely! Don't let her come too close!

What a fantastic idea, and great execution as usual.

Good to have your builds around here as well.

cool ship thumbup.gif

A unique warship - looks like something out of Da Vinci's notebooks!

Thank you very much guys!

For the record, I have no complaints, Jacob. I really like this little vessel. ;)

My comments where only meant to be constructive, should you wish to try something in the more realistic line.

I personally try to be relatively historically accurate, but like the diversity of BoBS. :)

Even in a fantasy setting, I suppose some laws of physics have to respected. ;)

I try to comment on all the vessels here, and seek to help people get a better understanding of how a sail-plan works.

All in good meaning, is what I mean! Sorry if I came across otherwise!

For the record, I have no complaints, Jacob. I really like this little vessel. ;)

My comments where only meant to be constructive, should you wish to try something in the more realistic line.

I personally try to be relatively historically accurate, but like the diversity of BoBS. :)

Even in a fantasy setting, I suppose some laws of physics have to respected. ;)

I try to comment on all the vessels here, and seek to help people get a better understanding of how a sail-plan works.

All in good meaning, is what I mean! Sorry if I came across otherwise!

Everything's fine. I didn't feel bothered. I always enjoy your comments and thank you again for taking the time to write such a detailed one. I plan on making custom sails in the future to have a more adequate rigging for small sized vessels. I originally wanted to add a staysail, but those of the Queen Anne's Revenge just felt too big and would have disturbed the look I wanted.

Edited by Jacob Nion

This made me laugh. :pir-wink: That gun placement is ridiculous - in a good kind of way. :grin: The custom hull is lovely, and I'm definitely picking up cog design aspects, but that fearsome armament built into the high forecastle also has me thinking fantasy carrack (minus some rigging of course). I'm glad you offered an explanation, as it makes more sense that way. But none of that really matters: this is a nicely built, smooth design and very well presented. It's a great first ship for BoBS and here's to more in the future! Good work. :classic:

I like your stern, and that thing on the bow defenitely make sup for the "A" in "2A"