Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Part #2 - Naming the Food & Beverage areas in LEGO House Billund

4000010-1.jpg

As most of you know TLG will open their LEGO House in Billund next year.

Now they need our help to name the 3 restaurants which will be there :sweet: !

Here´s the background info & request:

LEGO House - Home of the Brick

A new and never seen before world-class LEGO experience to open in second half in 2017

LEGO House is a hands-on minds-on experience center where LEGO fans of all ages are invited to discover the magic behind the LEGO brand, experience the LEGO story and be inspired by the endless play and learning possibilities of the LEGO brick. Six different experience zones, three restaurants and a state of the art brand store invite guests from all over the world to interact, build and play in a breathtaking setting.

The building is designed by BIG architect Bjarke Ingels, will be 23 m tall and include 12,000 m² full of LEGO experiences.

Brief for Input Session:

The Food & Beverage areas in the LEGO House

LEGO House will have three areas for Food & Beverages. The working title for the three areas are Café, Family restaurant and The Mezzanine. Each area has an own concept.

The Café

The Café is a trendy food & beverage area providing easy to pick refreshments to the LEGO House guests. You will spend approx. 15 min in the Café to enjoy a good coffee, lemonade or a glass of beer or wine while you are having a snack, sandwich or a piece of cake. You can order from a display of prepared food.

The Family restaurant

The Family restaurant is the place to eat lunch or dinner for families visiting the LEGO House. You order your meal by building it in a LEGO way with a fun, interactive and playful family experience and can enjoy high quality food. There will be a menu card. You will spend approx. 45-60 min in the Family restaurant.

The Mezzanine

The Mezzanine is the place to go for an evening out with business partners or friends. It provides fine dining with a fun and subtle LEGO twist. You spend +90 min in this culinary gastronomy to enjoy high-level food and spend quality time with your network.

We invite the fan community to come up with suggestions for names of the three Food & Beverage areas in LEGO House.

Please discuss with your fellow RLUG members if you like and hand in up to three names per area e.g.:

The Café: City Café, Café Corner, Brick Town Talk

The Family restaurant: Parisian restaurant, Brick restaurant, Creator restaurant

The Mezzanine: Creator Expert, Chief´s Throne, Brick bank

(The names mentioned above are just to illustrate the set-up.)

So please write your suggestions in this thread. Copy & use this layout:

The Café:

The Family restaurant:

The Mezzanine:

I´ll wait for your suggestions to come in until sunday the 24th and then there will be a poll on which are the most popular amoung us.

A video about the house again:

The Café: Clutch Powers' Quick Clicks

The Family restaurant: Emmett's Awesome Build-a-Meal

The Mezzanine: Mr. Gold's

The Cafe: Breezeway (as in 6376 Breezeway Cafe)

The Family Restaurant: Brickolini's

The Mezzanine: Chez Albert's

The Cafe: The Tastestuds Cafe *

The Family Restaurant: Brickolini's Restaurant

The Mezzanine: Three Bricks High

* You know - like, tastebuds! The logo could be a tongue with studs all over it.

Edited by General Magma

The Café: Flick-Fire Foods

The Family Restaurant: Price Per Piece Rations

The Mezzanine: Le Godt's

Yes, I'm aware that it's Leg Godt, but Le sounds more restauranty.

EDIT: I changed my name idea. I liked this new idea I had better.

Edited by Actor Builder

The Café: Brickster Bistro (When I saw hip, I thought hipster, so Brickster is a play on that)

The Family restaurant: Stack & Snack (You build your meal and eat it. hehe)

The Mezzanine: Unique Culinary Secrets

The Café: Christiansen's Café

The Family Restaurant: Stack-A-Lunch

The Mezzanine: Pearl Gold

Dang, there's the "stack." I swear I didn't look at yours before replying. :laugh: I think there may be many "stack" names. I was originally going to do "Stack-A-Snack" for the Cafe, but a snack is smaller than a meal. So I used the verb form of snack for "to eat." ("Stack & Snack") Stack-A-Lunch sounds really good.

The Cafe: Corner Cafe

The Family Restaurant: Build a Meal (like from the Simpsons episode where they go to Blockoland) or Pick A Meal.

The Mezzanine: The Brick Between

The Café: Benny's Café

The Family Restaurant: Emmet's Restaurant

The Mezzanine: Wyldstyle's Club

The Café: Ole Kirk Cafe

The Family restaurant: Build n Bite

The Mezzanine: The Britz (a play on the ritz)

The Café: Brick In, Brick Out

The Family restaurant: Hypaxxus-8's Kid Collection Center Restaurant*

The Mezzanine: The Yellow Palace**

*This Guy For the unfamilliar

**Like the Yellow Castle

It's still Sunday the 24th in my time zone so...

The Cafe: Café '58

The Family Restaurant: Play-Well

The Mezzanine: Azure

It's still Sunday the 24th in my time zone

The Café: Larry's*

The Family Restaurant: Cloud Cuckoo Land

The Mezzanine: Octan Tower

*For Larry, the Barista, from The LEGO Movie

You could name these areas the same way you name boats!

The Cafe: Bricky McBrickface

The Family restaurant: LEGO McLEGOFace

The Mezzanine: Blocky McBlockface

:laugh:

I guess I'm a bit late...but here are my thoughts:

The Café: "Snack Bar 675"

The Family Restaurant: "Plates"

The Mezzanine: "Christiansen's"

LLL

The first named is settled - the café in LEGO House will be called “Brickaccino”! So now we need to get our brains going again!

Here´s the info from Jan Bayer:

Hi all, I got a message from my LEGO House colleagues and they call for more input from your side with a quite short deadline.

"Thank you very much to every RLUG that has contributed with handing in suggestions on how the Food & Beverage areas in LEGO House should be named.

Out of the input we have already found the first name: We will name the café in LEGO House “Brickaccino”!

Now we would like to get your additional input. Having a café named “Brickaccino”, how could our other 2 areas be called?

To remind you: LEGO House will have three areas for Food & Beverages. The working title for the three areas are Café, Family restaurant and The Mezzanine. Each area has its own concept.

The Café - Brickaccino

The Café is a trendy food & beverage area providing easy to pick refreshments to the LEGO House guests. You will spend approx. 15 min in the Café to enjoy a good coffee, lemonade or a glass of beer or wine while you are having a snack, sandwich or a piece of cake. You can order from a display of prepared food.

The Family restaurant

The Family restaurant is the place to eat lunch or dinner for families visiting the LEGO House. You are building your meal with bricks and your build is scanned to the kitchen.

The delivery of your meal will be a true and amazing LEGO experience never seen before.

You will spend approx. 45-60 min in the Family restaurant.

The Mezzanine

The Mezzanine is the place to go for an evening out with business partners or friends. It provides fine dining with a fun and subtle LEGO twist. You spend +90 min in this culinary gastronomy to enjoy high-level food and spend quality time with your network.

We are looking for names that align with the “Brickaccino” and are easily understandable also outside the LEGO Fan community.

I am looking forward to recieve very creative and cool input from many of you!

Thank you very much in advance.

Jan

So, are we supposed to provide new ideas because they didn't like our first ones?

Okay. They didn't seem to like some of the more obscure ideas, or references to past themes, that's why they clarified that it should be recognizable to even Non-LEGO-Fans,,,

The Cafe - Brickaccino (Clearly, as this is it's name.)

The Family Restaurant - Creation Kitchen

The Mezzanine - I'll edit this when I think of it, but I have to go to an urgent thing.

CopMike, can I post multiple ideas for the same restaurant? I have a few more for the Family Restaurant, now that there's a bit more information about it.

Mezzanine: The Meal de resistance

The Family Restaurant: Build, Buy and Bite.

Edited by Tariq j

I don't have any great ideas for the Mezzanine, but I came up with another for The Family Restaurant, that I like quite a bit. Hopefully that's allowed.

Family Restaurant - Design And Dine

I don't think anyone has said that yet.