Sign in to follow this  

This is pretty much my first real attempt at landscaping, so please bear that in mind.

The Shrines of Haven

As the town's name suggests, Haven was founded with the idea of providing a sanctuary to those Sea Rats who found themselves following Roland Blaze and the exploratory fleet. Blaze asked for little but the willingness to help defend each other. Consequently, quite an eclectic assortment of faiths wound up being practised in Haven.

Until suitable separate structures could be built a small communal shrine building was put up housing four of the largest faiths in the settlement. The north facing side houses a shrine to Oleon's triumvirate.

havenshrine.lxf_00001.png

havenshrineclose.lxf_00001.png

Facing east sits a dedication and ritual sun dial for the worshippers of Helia.

havenshrine.lxf_00002.png

havenshrineclose.lxf_00003.png

The southern side is home to idols representing the Mother of Creation and Serpent of Destruction.

havenshrine.lxf_00003.png

havenshrineclose.lxf_00005.png

The western facing saw the installation of a shrine to the Truachesh neh Triuri.

havenshrine.lxf_00000.png

havenshrineclose.lxf_00007.png

However, some faiths are practised away from the light of day. The discovery of a cave and pool beneath the knoll represented a significant opportunity and one of the last Blackwater Witches set up a shrine to their sinister patron.

deepwatershrine.lxf_00000.png

deepwatershrineclose.png

Edited by kaiju

Rockwork are nice, foliage too! My only remark would be the flat plate. I guess it needs some more variety elevation-wise

Nice build, great rendering, the style fits really well, I like it a lot!

I would have loved one or two close up shots, though.

Nice first attempt at landscaping - as BD said, the only drawback is the rather flat base.

I really like the idea of the four sided (plus a dark side...) shrine - and like the idea of the sea rats as a very liberal regarding your choice of religion.

Well done!

Rockwork are nice, foliage too! My only remark would be the flat plate. I guess it needs some more variety elevation-wise

That makes sense. Or possibly a closer, rounded off base.

Nice build, great rendering, the style fits really well, I like it a lot!

I would have loved one or two close up shots, though.

Working on it, but BlueRender isn't cooperating as much as I'd like (I can get it zoomed in, but haven't yet got it properly refocused on the shrine without also distorting the image).

Nice first attempt at landscaping - as BD said, the only drawback is the rather flat base.

I really like the idea of the four sided (plus a dark side...) shrine - and like the idea of the sea rats as a very liberal regarding your choice of religion.

Well done!

Thank you.

Very interesting build. I really like the rockwork, and the shrine itself looks nice. pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice littlz shrines, I like the first one more! Good rockwork

Great way to flesh out the religious life of BoBS and very suitable for a Sea Rat settlement to be such a melting pot of cultures!

Thank you everyone for the positive comments. After giving up on trying to alter the settings to get close-ups of the main shrine I decided to cut & paste it into a separate .lxf and get images of it that way.