Sign in to follow this  
craigslegostuff

"Trois" French Wine Bar

Hi everyone.

I've been away for a while, but have been very busy working on my second modular building. Please check the link above to see lots of pics.

If this is your first visit to my Flickr, welcome and hi! I'm a 42 year AFOL who's just rediscovered the wonder of Lego building. Do let me know your thoughts on any of my builds, I am always very keen to hear your feedback.

"TROIS!"

FRENCH WINE BAR

- my second modular building!

I decided to spend a lot more time on this one... or more accurately: it's TAKEN me a long time!

Anyway, I'm really pleased with the result.

After my first attempt (see Al's Stars N' Stripes Grill on my Flickr), I decided I wanted to do something with a lot more detail on the outside. A bit more colour too, as well as a nicely packed interior design too.

"Trois" is a snazzy wine bar. It includes three main floors/ sections (plus the roof!):

1ST FLOOR - MAIN BAR

The main bar features include a bar, coffee machine, bottles of wine / spirits / confectionary display

An angled door leads to a back room (with some kind of electrical unit) etc, which leads out onto the alley out back.

2ND FLOOR - LOUNGE BAR

- An extension of the downstairs - just more space for sitting / sipping! Also leads out onto a small balcony with wooden decking. I am particularly pleased with this little corner - I really like the lamp and the rather ornate drainpipe.

Also on this floor is a small landing that leads to.... an elevator! Not a working one unfortunately, but you get the idea - it takes people up to the bathroom on the top floor...

3RD FLOOR / W/C / UTILITY ROOM

A simple unisex bathroom. Features two toilet cubicles (apologies for the bad lighting; I couldn't get my camera in there very well!)

NB. Obviously the toilet cubicle doors should really be plain white, but I don't have any yet! The transparent doors could prove a little embarrassing for my minifigs!

A small handbasin with faucet, and finally there's a small storage / utility room.

Let me know what you think guys - always great to get feedback / suggestions etc.

- Craig, April 2016

26223958671_6e7dc2b16f_b.jpg"Trois" French Wine Bar by Craig Brooks, on Flickr

Edited by craigslegostuff

Nice modular buildings !!!! Could be great with french restaurant side by side

Nice modular buildings !!!! Could be great with french restaurant side by side

Nice modular buildings !!!! Could be great with french restaurant side by side ������

Nice modular buildings !!!! Could be great with french restaurant side by side ������

Yes definitely. The Parisian Restaurant's actually next on my list to buy...

Shoot. That's amazing. There's really no other way to describe it. Brick on!

Wow, thanks! I have been building with Lego since the late 70's but only recently got back into it, so I genuinely do feel like I'm starting from scratch with this Modular Building lark! I thought I knew Lego but some of the MOC creations I'm seeing out there really made me want to up my game bit.

Still at the stage where I'm trying stuff out, so it's heartening to get such positive feedback.

Thank you!

I like it a lot. Great parts usage on the façade, nice colours, and a lovely interior.

I love the way the balcony on the first floor sort of "breaks" façade, especially in between other houses. Gives it a nice sense of depth.

The 45 degree white door below the stairs is very creative, too.

And transparent toilet doors! Kinky! :laugh:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee

I like it a lot. Great parts usage on the façade, nice colours, and a lovely interior.

I love the way the balcony on the first floor sort of "breaks" façade, especially in between other houses. Gives it a nice sense of depth.

The 45 degree white door below the stairs is very creative, too.

And transparent toilet doors! Kinky! :laugh:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Haha! Thanks for comments, and yes I was looking for something to give it a more interesting look at the front. Similar idea with the back, where the storage room juts out into the alleyway.