Sign in to follow this  

26211992311_43787cf4f7_z.jpg

Jake Raines is out in the desert seeking a rumoured lost Sphinx. He has a tough car to track through the near non-existent roads and shifting sands.

So, I bought a mostly complete Rise of the Sphinx on eBay and haven't got around to sorting the parts yet. I whipped together this car from what was in the bag of parts. I like the challenge of limits to parts. I think this came out all right.

It's also my first build in ages, most of my collection is awaiting the completion of my LEGO space...

On closer inspection, it looks like I need to give these parts a good dust!

Coolio! The dark red coloring on this car stands out against the older bley and tan Adventurers cars.

(P.S.- There's two topics of this.)

Cheers CMSci. It is great to have a chance to build, even if it is a 30 minute muck around with parts.

Coolio! The dark red coloring on this car stands out against the older bley and tan Adventurers cars.

(P.S.- There's two topics of this.)

I love dark red, I am very happy that the colouring issues were worked out as it is a favourite to use in all possible situations.

Odd that there are two threads, I only hit the post button once! I'll go bring it up with Admin. Maybe my end sent it twice (I have had a few 'hiccups' when streaming video this evening), or when I nipped in to edit it something went funny.

I love dark red

Me dos. I sort my pieces by type, but there are a few colors I sort out. Dark red is one of them. :wub:

Dark Red is almost as good as Dark Blue!

What have you found to be the easiest way to dust bricks? I have tried the net o' bricks in the dishwasher trick. Several times. I have also tried canned air, microfiber rags, ostrich feather dusters, q-tips, etc.

Just curious how others deal with this issue. I have a lot of people living in my house so I'm afraid the pollen's always up...

Thanks!

I use makeup brushes. You can usually pick up a really cheap set in the supermarket or a value shop (£/$). There are about 5 different brushes of varied sizes and while the cheap ones are bad for applying makeup to the face, they are great for dusting LEGO/Action Figures/Model Kits. They can get in all the awkward corners, even if it takes a little longer to do it, they are great for dusting.

I use makeup brushes. You can usually pick up a really cheap set in the supermarket or a value shop (£/$). There are about 5 different brushes of varied sizes and while the cheap ones are bad for applying makeup to the face, they are great for dusting LEGO/Action Figures/Model Kits. They can get in all the awkward corners, even if it takes a little longer to do it, they are great for dusting.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Good use of those fez parts behind the headlights :thumbup: Nice parts combo to form the trunk area as well :classic: