Sign in to follow this  
fighterpilot105

Bricklinking Vs. Buying 2nd Hannd Tower of Orthanc

(Title edit: *2nd hand*)

I'm really super extra interested in the Tower of Orthanc as I am a huge Tolkien fan but was unfortunately in my dark ages when it hit the shelves. Have any of you tried bricklinking the set, or buying it off second hand? How do the prices of the two compare? Cheers!

Edited by fighterpilot105

You still can find it sealed around $280. Pricing depends a bit on your location, and it's without shipping.

The set contains 2334 parts. So I think bricklincking would be more expensive. Don't forget that you will probably face multiple orders in order to get those parts and those shipping costs quickly add up.

If you want also the minifigs...Grima and Saruman aren't also really cheap.

So I would get it still now sealed, prices will only go up....

More than double the current sealed is the current bricklinked price without shipping. I added it as a set for my inventory. So if you make no substitutions and have to buy all pieces, it will cost that much. Might as well find a sealed set somewhere. Most sets go above msrp, when bricklinked.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I purchased all of mine second hand... just the tower used I averaged about $140. I'm working on combining all of them into a single tower... WIP!