Garmadon

Uridius Dratiphe's Coat of Arms

25656989204_a3ccd9429b_z.jpg

It has been a while since Sir Uridius Dratiphe has been around in Mitgardia - however, that is (partly) because he has been occupied in fixing a huge shield with his coat of arms upon his castle's walls.

26261786685_912b6efd8e_z.jpg

The heraldic symbols on the Dratiphe coat of arms consist of:

Gauntlet - strong and prepared

Scales - justice

Anvil - honor

Arrows - readiness for war

25988911870_950fda8a31_z.jpg

26195548501_5317239ae6_z.jpg

Motto - Omnia Praesignis Est (if you want to know what it means, look it up for yourself!)

Further, there's all the color stuff and the cornered shield, but I won't bother you with what all that means right now! You see, I actually did put a lot more work into this than it looks like!

26235870096_716b9d8796_z.jpg

26261815425_9ab482f7f9_z.jpg

25657037174_4c4c223c15_z.jpg

This is my entry to the Coat of Arms category on MOCathalon, and when I started it, I figured I could make it so that it would work here as well as Uridius' coat of arms.

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

That shield itself is Great and the symbols are marvellous, but I Love that text and the way you made It! Great job

Great work with this shield Garmadon, the shape is excellent and the scroll on the bottom adds a lot! The FP picture is really nice too! :thumbup: Really like the balances!

Very fine!

Great idea to build such a coat of arms.

And something like 48 x 42 is not a small coat of arms by all means.

The motto part must have been quite difficult - result is excellent! :sweet:

Thanks all!

That shield itself is Great and the symbols are marvellous, but I Love that text and the way you made It! Great job

Thanks Titus! After a lot of fiddling I was quite happy with how the motto turned out! :classic:

Great work with this shield Garmadon, the shape is excellent and the scroll on the bottom adds a lot! The FP picture is really nice too! :thumbup: Really like the balances!

Thanks Kai! The FP pic was one of my favorites as well! :wink:

Very fine!

Great idea to build such a coat of arms.

And something like 48 x 42 is not a small coat of arms by all means.

The motto part must have been quite difficult - result is excellent! :sweet:

Ha, ha, thanks Captain B! Glad you like it! :wink: I wouldn't say that it was necessarily the most difficult thing in the build, but it was pretty close! :laugh::grin:

Wow! That shield is definitely one of the top brick-built insignia I've seen :classic:

Woah, that's awesome Garm! What a great idea, and a perfect execution. The fact that you put so much thought and meaning into this makes it even more special. Such a unique idea, thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks all!

This is epic! :thumbup:

Thanks Mike! :wink:

Wow! That shield is definitely one of the top brick-built insignia I've seen :classic:

Thanks a lot Gideon! :classic:

This is a fantastic build! Well done Garmadon! :thumbup:

Thanks Umbra, glad you like it!

Woah, that's awesome Garm! What a great idea, and a perfect execution. The fact that you put so much thought and meaning into this makes it even more special. Such a unique idea, thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks ME! When I got this category in the MA, using it over here was one of my first thoughts... and my second was that finding out exactly what symbols to use and how to build them was going to be some work! :grin::laugh: Thanks!

Really impressive build. The shield, motto, and wall are all excellent individual aspects that combine nicely :thumbup: The scales and gauntlets are probably my two favorite insignias on the shield :classic:

What a great Idea!! It turned out perfectly!! I'm impressed with the details you have in the shield!!

Amazing work. The idea itself is above ingenious. And the execution is superb. I wanted to give lord Osric a coat of arms for a while now, but my thoughts were about making custom stickers and clothing etc, but this is just so brilliant. Stunning!

WOW! Amazing Coat of Arms! Really nice creation with a lot of nice details! I loved the scale/libra!

Thanks all!

Really impressive build. The shield, motto, and wall are all excellent individual aspects that combine nicely :thumbup: The scales and gauntlets are probably my two favorite insignias on the shield :classic:

Thanks SK! The scales were actually surprisingly easy (probably because it was then that I decided that not everything needed to be attached :laugh:)!

What a great Idea!! It turned out perfectly!! I'm impressed with the details you have in the shield!!

Thanks a lot de Gothia! Glad you like it! :classic:

Amazing work. The idea itself is above ingenious. And the execution is superb. I wanted to give lord Osric a coat of arms for a while now, but my thoughts were about making custom stickers and clothing etc, but this is just so brilliant. Stunning!

Thanks JN! I doubt I would have thought of it myself though (at least I wouldn't have gotten around to it for a while! :grin:) if it hadn't been for MA! And yes, I do kind of wonder how I am ever going to be able to scale this down a bit to fit in some minifig scale MOCs here! Thanks again! :wink:

Excellent work Garmadon! Good shapes on the shield and the items all around :classic: The seamless transition between the center of the shield and the dark grey border is very impressive!

Fantastic build, Garmadon! As Full Plate said, it's very impressive how closely you were able to get the sections to match around the edges :thumbup:

Excellent job with all the symbols and lettering too :classic:

Thanks guys! :sweet:

Excellent work Garmadon! Good shapes on the shield and the items all around :classic: The seamless transition between the center of the shield and the dark grey border is very impressive!

Thanks Full Plate! Getting the shield's interior to fit in was a bit of work (all those nasty half-plate offsets! :grin:), but I'm quite happy with how it ended up!

Fantastic build, Garmadon! As Full Plate said, it's very impressive how closely you were able to get the sections to match around the edges :thumbup:

Excellent job with all the symbols and lettering too :classic:

It was the idea of doing meaningful symbols and a motto which really made me want to do this build! Thanks LJ! :classic: