Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Review: 3830 Spongebob - Bikini Bottom Express

I found this set at the LEGO store Chicago on Michigan Ave, today as well as Sandy's Rocket. I will get a review up when I'm done with the Sandy's Rocket review. Sorry to be a tease. :-$ Update: Check out the full review here.

parts_01.jpg

parts_05.jpg

Unfortunately, the driver does have the yellow hands but he also has a cool pink dorsal fin...

parts_06.jpg

This was my favorite part of doing this review :-D :

parts_09.jpg

That's a weird head. I wish it wasn't quite so cartoon-y, though since it comes from a cartoon, I guess that's a silly wish...

Steve

OMG Hinckley I OFFICIALLY Ha8 you now! :-D That dorsal fin is so extremely random I can't think of a word to discribe it. :-)

If you keep going out and buying all these new sets you're gonna be broke >:-(

I should probaly check my Lego store to see if there are any there.... 8-

Thanks again Hinckley, this set does look nice! *y*

Can;t wait for the review! (a veiled threat! *skull* )

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! >:-)

nEWS FLASH:Hinckley stikes again! nice find *y* I'll might buy this depending on how good your reveiw is (so pleese make it good so i can buy it :-P) boy does that fish look cool, besides the yellow hands but that purple fin is the icing on the cake!

All right guys. Thanks for being patient, I updated the first post with a link to the review. X-D

Thanks again for this new review *y*

I like all those orange pieces, and the fish head really looks strange on a MF's normal body *wacko*

LuxorV

Hinckley, Hinckley, he's our man, if he can't review it no one can. *wub* I love that fish, and oddly it didn't occur to me that you would be able to change the hat... :-$ I'm pretty dim sometimes. Eitherway, I think this set looks perfect, including the windshield. With that many of those round windows you could make train! :-D

Agreed! I may sepnd some time today seeing which hairpiece or hat look best on him. :-D This would be a great piece to get in bulk to populate your own LEGO Bikini Bottom setup (does anybody have one?) most of the people in the cartoon are fish who live in the town. I hope to see a SB set in the future with a lot of these.

Great review Hink! I'm starting to like that fish, although he may be a crossdresser! X-D

*y*

A very fine review of a really exquisite set! And although its size

:-D :-D That female fish fig is truly hilarious! :-D

EDIT: 300th post! Yay me!

Edited by darthperson8

Agreed! I may sepnd some time today seeing which hairpiece or hat look best on him. :-D This would be a great piece to get in bulk to populate your own LEGO Bikini Bottom setup (does anybody have one?) most of the people in the cartoon are fish who live in the town. I hope to see a SB set in the future with a lot of these.

That's...that's a lot of angry fish in one town 8-| . I don't think I want to go into Bikini Bottom anymore.

Checking the review right now.

Michigan avenue???!!! Thanks for the review Hink, now i'm happy I live in Chicago...to the LEGO store!! :-P
Wait wait. What, what and the what? You weren't happy to live in Chicago before that? Blasphemy!!

Thanks for the great review.

Well, we have new minifigs again. Nice one, i like the driver though. Looks like LEGO is trying their best to produce some minifigs that looks alike in the cartoon

Thanks very much Hinckley! This set is pretty darn cool, especially for an orange lover like me! :-D Heaps of cool parts, and the bys driver fits in well and stays true to the show. :-D *y* Awesome!

~Peace

Wait wait. What, what and the what? You weren't happy to live in Chicago before that? Blasphemy!!

Maybe its because I get in trouble at school... :-P Just kidding, and the not happy to live here thing, I was kidding...again, I was always happy to live here!

Edited by Cyclone Titan