Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

Merchant Ship "Elephant Knight"

No I didn't name the boat after myself. But it belongs to my sigfig, Eleman, what else would I call it?

25657257114_8887476618.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

25989194780_f4b5404c02.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

I challenged myself to build a ship using old brown and old dark grey, the colours of those hulls. I added yellow, because it's my favorite colour (No, it's not black white and trans neon green. That's my favorite colour SCHEME) I quickly found out that Yellow and old brown look horrible together, but in a good way? I dunno...

25657267254_e1de770817.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

26262060705_afac58598e.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

I am quite happy with how my figure head turned out.

26262041665_7e753d8224.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Eleman and his crew (He is the one in the middle, blue shirt, tricorn, yellow epaulets) On his immediate right and left, are sigfigs of a couple friends, the rest are mostly from a Secret Pirate that was done on the now defunct forum, Forbidden Cove.com.

26262083075_348337bf12.jpgElephant Knight by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Comments? Criticism?

EKnight

A very nice little ship! I particularly like your figurehead. It's easily my favorite feature of this one. Your crew also has a lot of character (no pun intended). It almost looks like the cast of an anime, or something akin to Firefly in the age of sail.

I don't think the color scheme looks bad, by the way. I think you've got just the right amount of yellow to provide highlights, but not so much that the ship looks garish. The only things that I might do differently is to put latticed windows on the sides of the captain's cabin (similar to the one on the stern), and to add a sail or two running from the bowsprit to the mainmast. Probably just one sail, though.

Perfect design! I love how you put the swivel guns on the railing! Is there anything inside the cabin?

I agree, the figurehead is the best part! You did a great job on the rigging too.

Any interior?

I also like the old brown colour.Such a nostalgic view! This is a small but very picturesque pirate creation It reminds of a few pirate sets of early 1990-s, golden age of LEGO pirates. Try to upload it in LEGO ideas because LEGO pirates 2015 weren't interesting at all. Good luck.

I really like this ship! You even threw quite a bit in the back EVEN FOR ITS SIZE!!! pir_laugh2.gif, Good job on the whole thing! its brilliant pirate_wink.gif

Great ship! Especially considering the limitations of using the prefab hull parts. The colour schemes is very well balanced the sails are perfect for the size, the figurehead is excellent. I also really like the design of the cabin.

A well designed ship and a nice crew! I also like the figurehead and the color choices a lot!

Your next step now is joining BoBS :-p

I really like this ship. I think the color scheme works well, and the figurehead is perfect for the name! Good sails and rigging, too.

I'll echo Blackdeathgr -- take a look at joining BoBS. You'd fit right in!