In a beautiful yellow villa there lived a young man by the name of Alberto da Pontelli.

He had developed a liking for something that was frowned upon in Eslandola: science.

His family strongly opposed his plans but Alberto was slowly but surely making progress: Having modern books sent to him from Corrington,

he started to equip his home with devices that would allow him to experiment....

800x505.jpg

This is the start of a new character, but today I will only show the beautiful house he is living in.

800x510.jpg

I'll add more pics of details and interior later (when the weather allows better photography again).

800x580.jpg

When I started building this I wanted to find out how good or bad a yellowish building would look and I also had some ideas of how to apply bits and pieces in white and grey.

Then some things turned out different than expected (I had planned for different corners of the building) but I liked it.

(Some pics started to look like LDD but this is actually made of real bricks).

As I said, I will add more detail photos at a later point in time.

C&C welcome.

Here are the detail pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x650.jpg

The house can be opened at the back:

800x713.jpg

800x625.jpg

(some interior has also been added)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Very nice residence, I really like the yellow and the spears for the gate are great! :thumbup:

I like it - the yellow works well, and the architecture is nice. And of course, no Corlander can but be happy to see others engage in some science too!

The fences are nice, and makes the whole thing look very stately. Well done! pirate_blush.gif

Excellent house, Captain B, the yellow, white, and light blue color-scheme is really awesome, and that gate is superb as well - probably overall my favorite of your residence builds yet! pirate_satisfied.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your science character! (Oh, and science isn't frowned upon at all in Eslandola, btw - at least, not if you can find some way to make money from it! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif)

Also, no need to put the free-build number or the nation in the title anymore as the approval system is over now! pirate_wink.gif

Very nice! I'm currently working on a house with the same color scheme. The fence, statues, and gate are excellent!

Gorgeously beautiful. Definitely my all-time favourite so far from you. I would have loved to have that one in Nova Terreli, I guess Alberto da Pontelli has visited Nova Terreli before building his residence?

But for real: Absolutely stunning! The colourscheme is lovely, and so many great building techniques on the gate, the fences, the lanterns and the statues. Just super amazing! :thumbup:

Looks great, seems like a very fitting style of build for Eslandola and well proportioned. I like the statues at the gate and those railings, plus more scientists, yay!

Since my own and I think most people are stuck with a lot of basic colored bricks I always love to see basic color builds. This makes it work. The amount of details is perfect, while still retaining a classic, albeit refined look. It is bold and colorful, like all Eslandolans, and I like it. Great chouce with the light blue window-thingies.

The white and yellow turned out superbly! This build has excellent eye appeal. I also like the fence and gate. I will probably use the concepts in my own later builds.

Wow, many many replies for a Thursday evening.

Very nice residence, I really like the yellow and the spears for the gate are great! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I like it - the yellow works well, and the architecture is nice. And of course, no Corlander can but be happy to see others engage in some science too!

The fences are nice, and makes the whole thing look very stately. Well done! pirate_blush.gif

I just couldn't find a good title for the post. "Yellowbrick Road" did not work...

Excellent house, Captain B, the yellow, white, and light blue color-scheme is really awesome, and that gate is superb as well - probably overall my favorite of your residence builds yet! pirate_satisfied.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your science character! (Oh, and science isn't frowned upon at all in Eslandola, btw - at least, not if you can find some way to make money from it! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif)

Also, no need to put the free-build number or the nation in the title anymore as the approval system is over now! pirate_wink.gif

Right, but it helps me to keep track....

It is also my most favorite building to date pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice! I'm currently working on a house with the same color scheme. The fence, statues, and gate are excellent!

Thank you!

Nice build! Simple but eye catching with some cool techniques!

pirate_satisfied.gif

Gorgeously beautiful. Definitely my all-time favourite so far from you. I would have loved to have that one in Nova Terreli, I guess Alberto da Pontelli has visited Nova Terreli before building his residence?

But for real: Absolutely stunning! The colourscheme is lovely, and so many great building techniques on the gate, the fences, the lanterns and the statues. Just super amazing! :thumbup:

Yes, it could be that Alberto had been living in Nova Terreli for some time.

pirate_laugh2.gif

Looks great, seems like a very fitting style of build for Eslandola and well proportioned. I like the statues at the gate and those railings, plus more scientists, yay!

... beginning scientist ...

Since my own and I think most people are stuck with a lot of basic colored bricks I always love to see basic color builds. This makes it work. The amount of details is perfect, while still retaining a classic, albeit refined look. It is bold and colorful, like all Eslandolans, and I like it. Great chouce with the light blue window-thingies.

Yepp, and so I ran out of light blue window-thingies ...

That's a very nice build!

Thanks, Sir!

Nice building techniques! And yellow+white+touches of blue works after all...!

Something yellow, something old, something blue pirate_laugh_new.gif

Really Nice build, yellow Works surprisingly well

The surprise was also on my side pirate_laugh2.gif

The white and yellow turned out superbly! This build has excellent eye appeal. I also like the fence and gate. I will probably use the concepts in my own later builds.

Feel free!

Really cool build! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! pirate_satisfied.gif

I have to say this is one of my favourite houses from you, regardless of which RPG. The architectural style fits excellent what I would imagine Eslandola, and that's a very noble colour for the windows. Love the fence and gate too! Your scientist must be a rich man.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I have to say this is one of my favourite houses from you, regardless of which RPG. The architectural style fits excellent what I would imagine Eslandola, and that's a very noble colour for the windows. Love the fence and gate too! Your scientist must be a rich man.

At least he is from a rich family. He's probably going to spend a fortune on his experiments - and he wants to be part of the "Royal Society of Natural Philosophy" pirate_satisfied.gif

Somehow I thought I'd already responded to this build. i certainly gave it many an admiring view last weekdefault_wubnew.gif .

Things I love about it: colour scheme, shape of the house, lanterns, quoins, statues, railings, the hinged back, windows, that dude's glasses default_classic.gif .

Things i don't love about it: that i didn't think of all these things first default_look.gif .

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Somehow I thought I'd already responded to this build. i certainly gave it many an admiring view last weekdefault_wubnew.gif .

Things I love about it: colour scheme, shape of the house, lanterns, quoins, statues, railings, the hinged back, windows, that dude's glasses default_classic.gif .

Things i don't love about it: that i didn't think of all these things first default_look.gif .

pir_laugh2.gif ok fine - Thanks for your kind feedback!

This vibrant house demonstrates that there's plenty of life in classic building styles and colors. It looks very fitting for the setting, and the fence and walls around the property add to the historic look. The windows and color-matching lanterns are nice, the swing-away walls are a good idea, and the statues by the front gate are neat. It's a great house for a scientist. Keep it up. :classic:

This vibrant house demonstrates that there's plenty of life in classic building styles and colors. It looks very fitting for the setting, and the fence and walls around the property add to the historic look. The windows and color-matching lanterns are nice, the swing-away walls are a good idea, and the statues by the front gate are neat. It's a great house for a scientist. Keep it up. :classic:

I agree pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

And maybe you have already seen him working - and meanwhile he has become the Mayor of Pontelli.