Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-MRCA] Hurricane vs Sloop: Hurricane wins

The Lady of Madrice, aka "The Wench," was sailing through the southern seas, well on her way from Granolean to Nova Terelli, when the storm hit. There was no escape as the winds grew stronger and the waves grew higher. Captain Janszen and his crew did everything they could, but visibility was zero and they lost contact with their flotilla. Eventually the storm was too much for the aged sloop, and she broke apart under the force of Hurricane Stepho. The "Wench" was no more.

As the storm passed, the crew clung to the shattered remains of their ship, a few larger pieces of the hull tangled together with fallen rigging.

02crew.jpg

Miraculously, all seven members of the crew, as well as the captain’s hat, were accounted for!

01overall2.jpg

“Pip,” said Tony, the first mate, “remember when I was reading about the storm forecast in the Kings Port Advertiser?”

“Don’t remind me,” replied the captain. “And, you know, nothing ever good seems to come of you reading that paper. Isn’t that how I got myself challenged to a duel?”

“No, you did that all by yourself with your saucy comments to that Corrie. And if you’d actually listened to what the paper had to say, we might not be adrift right now.”

“Fine, you can tell me ‘I told you so’ if we ever make land, but not now.”

Two days passed, and the little tangle of hull planking drifted north. Some of the framework of the sloop still attached to the hull jutted skyward like the ribs of a giant skeleton, and the crew were beginning to think it was a prophesy of their fate, when they finally spotted something on the horizon.

“Pip, what do you make of that? North-northwest. See it?”

03capt.jpg

“I see it, Tony,” replied the captain. He took out his spyglass for a better look. “Red sails, looks to be a fast cutter. And she appears to be flying Corrie colors.”

“But we’ve no way to signal her.”

“Luck is on our side today. She appears to be changing course. I think she’s spotted us!”

overall.jpg

To be continued, from the Corrie side...

I could have sworn I read she went down in the hurricane. If not, then I have no choice but to petition for revisionist history! pir_laugh2.gif

Great minifig posing and a cool scene in general, I like the shipbits! Sorry about your ship, but it makes for a good story.

Great job depicting a wreck here Capt Wolf, glad to see that the crew is alive! The ribbing on the larger piece looks great! :thumbup:

Very nice MOC depicting a not-very-nice MRCA result! pirate_laugh2.gif The ribs and the planks and spars are excellent, and that tidbit about the Captain's hat (and the King's Port Advertizer part) were pretty funny! pir_laugh2.gif Great fig posing as well! pirate_satisfied.gif

I could have sworn I read she went down in the hurricane. If not, then I have no choice but to petition for revisionist history! pir_laugh2.gif

Good job depicting the results. You could say the L'Olius attacked you like a "hurricane". :classic:

At least everyone survived. Nice job with the story, and the wreck looks very nice as well. The other smaller pieces of wreckage are nice as well, though I think there should be some crates and barrels from the ship's cargo scattered about.

Nice wreckage and good story! And it is no surprise that there are some inconsistencies with the King's Port Advertiser - It has never been a very reliable, objective paper! pirate_wink.gif

PART II [COR-MRCA]

*After a fairly successful trade run, the Valkyrie was on her way back to Port Raleigh. The lookout is on the alert for pirates.

Velvetine: Well, we seem to have a decent haul this month.

Renato the Steersman: Aye Captain, the hurricane prevented us from leaving port last month, but we have evaded her path this time round.

Lookout: Ahoy Captain, men adrift spotted off port!

A%20rescue%20at%20sea%20001.jpg

Velvetine: Men adrift? They must have been taken by the hurricane or pirates. The waters these days are full of treachery!

Renato, turn to port. We're picking them up.

Renato: Aye, Captain.

*As the Valkyrie approaches, the shipwrecked captain waves.

A%20rescue%20at%20sea%20002a.jpg

Sailor B: Here, grab on!

Wrecked Sailor: I thought we were goners...

A%20rescue%20at%20sea%20003.jpg

Well done! I like the view through the spyglass.

The crew of the Valkyrie has the eternal thanks of Capt Janszen and the crew of the Lady of Madrice!