Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy MacFuzz

The smallest school in the world?

25634505654_46402142bd_z.jpg20160404_212244 (3) by Chris Warburton Brown, on Flickr

Good People of Port Raleigh!

Know that due to the great munificence of our own Mr Hawksbrugh, the Port Raleigh elementary school and Port Raleigh Reading Room are now open!

26146812412_32866b32d8_n.jpg20160404_212318 (3) by Chris Warburton Brown, on Flickr

Any child between the age of 7 and 11 may attend the school; due to Mr Hawksbrugh's rather unusual notions even young ladies! They will receive elementary instruction in reading, writing and arithmetic, plus a smattering of geography, astronomy, history and natural philosophy according to a curriculum of Mr Hawksbrugh's own devising. The newly engaged tutor, Mr Leonidas Wallace, is now giving lessons five days a week. Children should attend for three hours each day, either in the morning or the afternoon session, but not both. Due to restrictions of space, no more than three pupils may attend each session so please apply well in advance. Lessons for adults of modest proportions may be available in the evenings; please apply at the school for details.

26146810832_6f0b256778_n.jpg20160404_212325 (3) by Chris Warburton Brown, on Flickr

We are also proud to announce the opening of the Public Reading Room, situated above the school. This library contains a wonderful collection of books paid for by Mr Hawksbrugh, plus generous donations from the private collections of our Mayor The Worshipful Mr Flynn, Miranda Merryweather and Lady Norrington. Books on all subjects are available to members, reference only. Membership is only half a doubloon for an entire year! The Reading Room is open Monday to Friday from 9 of the clock in the forenoon until 6 of the clock in the evening. Unfortunately due to the small space, only two members are permitted entry at any time. Obese members not permitted.

[NB I actually built this school for my 9 year old daughter's Lego Elves, but then thought I could adapt it for BoBS. She did all the interiors without help, as you can see she is a better Lego modeller than me! I swear I will never do another hexagonal building, getting the walls lined up without falling apart was hard work!]

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Nice, I believe this is the first educational building! A very colourful build and such a great concept!

Corrington will surely flourish through the proper education of her youth, you should be applauded good Sir!

Congrats on the New World's first school and library! Lady Norrington approves, obviously!

Great school, so cute and I like the explanation and story surrounding it. And much needed to get the next generation of Corries ready for action! But I've yet to see an obese minifigure, or maybe they all are compared to the Elves pirate_oh.gif or Captain Amara

Those jumper tiles work well as desks, they come with their own little ink wells, just like I had at school, perfect (I be might stealing that idea pirate_wink.gif)

Your daughter's done her work well, good job training the next generation all round.