Yes, I did it again.

06.jpg

After the first attempt last year of which result wasn´t satisfying me much, there was no intention to build again the LaFerrari very soon. But there was a special customer´s desire who was insisting to do it though, not only to complete his private collection. This car really deserves it. Some supportive kind of sponsorship made the decision easier. The agreement was an exclusively made model for the client, therefore no instructions will be available. If somebody would ask, sorry about that.

05.jpg

All the experience from the previous car should flow in, it only should look better. So instead of going for a completely different project, I started from scratch with new blueprints (thanks to Sariel´s model scaler). The model should feature as many interesting functions as possible using the whole range of PF elements. Scaling up to 1:9 would allow better proportions coming closer to the real thing and give enough space to fit all the motors and wires. All the building process was very hard, primarily for one reason: this car and its curvy and fissured shapes are very challenging to replicate. The end result has very little to do with the first model, even if it looks similar at first glance.

12.jpg

10.jpg

Features:

Dimensions: LxWxH 66 x 27 x 15 studs

Weight: 2,5 kg

Parts count: estimated 2600, Technic panels count: 72

Powered by 2 rechargeable batteries, connected to 2 x V2 IR receivers

Drivetrain: 2 x XL motors + 2 x Lmotors optionally connected manually by clutch

Steering: 1 servo motor connected to working steering wheel, working airbrake and diffuser flaps

LED lights: 1 pair each for front and rear lights, 4 pairs for upper front lights connected to pole reverser for flash mode, 1 pair for displays in the dashboard

Fake engine: self-invented 12 cylinder fake engine (shown in the previous car already), upper red shaft going through can be connected by clutch to pole reverser for flashing effect

Doors: operated by remote, 1 M motor and 2 mini linear actuators, screen wiper coupled to a clutch is operated manually as door selector

Engine hood: can be opened manually

Wheels: 3D-printed and silver painted custom wheel caps, rear rims are large 62x46mm painted black, rear tyres are 68,8x36 + additional width by cutting another one and adding it next to the normal tyre (thanks to Polo-Freak for the idea). Front wheels: normal assembly

01.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

And here is some food for all the video junkies ;-):

Enjoy!

Edited by brunojj1

Absolute mind blowing Brunojj :wub::thumbup::wub::thumbup:

I know what it is to build only for a custommer, but when you got permission to make something public for us the feeling is than more greatfull :wink: .

This client have a stunning one of a kind Lego supercar of you on his desk :thumbup: .

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Simply impressive and stunning! i think what this MOC deserves are 2 RC motors!!! But even now it's amazing!! Great job as usual Brunojj1!

Small note: I did work on this project...I mean the real one!! :blush:

Wow. It's breathtaking. The shapes are like a great sculpture. Congratulations on such a fantastic build.

That is one awesome car man. Those doors seem so difficult to build, all while having an professional look to the front end.

That is going to be one lucky customer...

Oh and how do you build that engine??

So sexy!

Impressive! The real car has some difficult curves, but you caught them perfectly :thumbup:

I'm wondering how many working hours do you spend designing this stunning car. Could you tell us? :blush:

EDIT. One word: HoF

Edited by Jonfensu

This is definitely the best Technic Supercar! :wub_drool:

Comparing to your first attempt, it looks far better especially in side view. I guess using panels instead of beams makes the weight lighter even though you expanded the scale.

Is there any mod/improvements on its drivetrain? Judging by undercar view, it looks the same as previous version.

Amazing! Just amazing! When I saw the first pic I had to look 3 times before I came afterr that it wasn't a real life picture. Thia thing is incredible stunning!

Beautiful work! Too bad you are not allowed to share instructions/3D model, tons of people would definitely built it.

Awesome! Great job on the front. The car looks stunning!

That is quite a MOC. Oo

Very accurate.

What. What. What.

Thanks to all for your nice comments, good to hear that you like it!

Simply impressive and stunning! i think what this MOC deserves are 2 RC motors!!! But even now it's amazing!! Great job as usual Brunojj1!

You´re maybe right and it deserves 2 Sbricks. Doesn´t matter, it´s done and should be enough.

Now you made me really curious! Which part of the real one you were working on if it´s not a secret? (If a secret, please write me a PM anyway :wink: )

That is one awesome car man. Those doors seem so difficult to build, all while having an professional look to the front end.

That is going to be one lucky customer...

Oh and how do you build that engine??

So sexy!

Yes, the doors were the most difficult part. I decided to use mini linear actuators because I haven´t seen such mechanism anywhere so far. But the whole construction, settings of pivot points and mechanics made me a lot of headaches.

Then engine design is not too difficult. Check out my previous car here http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=559393 and the .lxf file there.

This is definitely the best Technic Supercar! :wub_drool:

Comparing to your first attempt, it looks far better especially in side view. I guess using panels instead of beams makes the weight lighter even though you expanded the scale.

Is there any mod/improvements on its drivetrain? Judging by undercar view, it looks the same as previous version.

Thanks man, it means a lot to me! I´m not sure about your first statement :blush: , but thanks anyway! Nobody knows the flaws of the car but me (I won´t tell you :grin: ).

Using panels instead of meams probably saves some gramms and above all looks much better. That is something I´ve learned from critiques from others.

You´re absolutely right about the drivetrain - no major changes compared to the previous model. The focus wasn´t so much on that part this time.

Beautiful work! Too bad you are not allowed to share instructions/3D model, tons of people would definitely built it.

Thanks! That´s the meaning of "exclusiveness" :wink: . Only some 499 people on the planet are chosen to drive the real one, you can´t have it even if you have a fat wallet :tongue: ...

EDIT: I feel guilty....

Edited by brunojj1

I am loving the back of this car, it looks so real. Simply breathtaking, great job

That body and level of details is amazing. I especially like that place and moment when door is opened - the piece of body removed with a door and what has left is just :wub:

You also mentioned working air brake and diffuser flaps. Any chance of more details on this? Especially diffuser flaps.

Utterly gorgeous :wub: The curves and lines of this model are just amazing!

Three words come to mind when seeing this awesome model:

Hall Of Fame.