Tomsche

[COR - FB3 apr] Welcome to Quinnsville: The Tour!

With the dockmaster office uploaded earlier today, my first phase of the hamlet of Quinnsville is ready.

P1150175_zpstucfvhnh.jpg

The jewel of the Chocolate island, she is a private owned settlement in the Brethren of the Brick Seas building game over at Eurobricks, and will be expanded on with 48x48 plates as the story progresses.

But now that all the `modules` have gone on the plates, and those have been build up with roads, the waterside and everything else, this took actually more effort then an actual building moc, and now I can unveil her in full.

P1150176_zpsthyljbd1.jpg

She will also be on display this weekend in Wetteren, at the Brick Mania Wetteren Lego event`s pirate lay-out.

The whole hamlet as it stands now, consisting of three seperate modules. The central part is the one with the various small buildings I made for it so far, while the fort sits on the western beach, and the sailor`s market on the eastern.

A side from the garrison fort`s position, looking down the main street. The studs making the central road in the city itself do carry over into the sand for a while to make it look like a gentle beginning and ending of that road.

P1150177_zpsjhzeijoc.jpg

P1150179_zpsdxemyz8s.jpg

The busy main road, with Sir Smaugton breathing in the fresh air of his endeavour, as the population starts going about with their new life on the frontier.

P1150178_zpsfp7yqvug.jpg

As you can see, all the previous builds rank up nicely on both sides of the central road, while the waterside fluently goes over into the modules at the side, creating the impression of one big, fluent baseplate.

P1150180_zpsqzpold7e.jpg

And now, work on `phase 2`, or the second 48x48 baseplate, has begun in order to make her expand to both a Town in the game, and a bigger part for Brick Mania Antwerp in november!

Hope you like her, and feel free to build in this growing settlement for the game. Because remember, WE HAVE COFFEE!!!!

This is looking rather nice! Will I see it at the BMA in November?

That is actually ready and the next build to go up...

The `Clam and Cup` coffeeburning factory and tasting, but that will be for after the Wetteren exposition

Fantastic build Tomsche, there is so much going on here. I think I might book a package tour there for my summer holidays, the beach looks lovely. Have all these buldings featured as earlier free builds? Maybe I missed some, but I would like a chance to see them in more detail. In fact more close up shots of your various vignettes within the big scene would be really nice, there is such a lot going on it can't all be seen properly in these photos.

I think your photography doesn't do justice to your builds, especially the lighting. It is really hard to do good pictures of big scenes like this one. I had the same problem with my 'Dastardly Attack' build, so I'm afraid I have no advice to offer you, maybe someone else does?

All apart from the big central red one, she only had her steps featured in an MCRA result, as it is a recycled build from GoH two years ago, with new inhabitants ;-)

But they are all in the Quinnsville settlement thread

Great display! It is definitely better than the sum of it's parts when it is a whole town snd not only individual buildings :classic:

A suggestion however is to mix in some larger parts (eg 2x2 round tiles) in the street to break up the repetative pattern.

Well, she was planned to look better as a sum, but the game rules required to upload everything one by one for licensing purposes ;-)

I have been trying that actually, but for some reason it looked to `forced`, can`t put my finger on the why but the bigger patches really stood out in a not so nice way.

QV is looking really fab, good luck showing her off this weekend!

Very nice. I see you have a library WIP in the background. :wink:

Maybe some random 1x1 plates could work. I kinda like the uniformity of same sized round plates.

Nice overview of the settlement, Tomsche! Quinsville is quickly growing, and I fear King's Harbour will be but a small satelite on Cocovia for quite some time!

My only comment is, that with for the properties placed with their backside towards the beach, the open backed design isn't working too well. It looks a bit unfinished.

Very lively settlement, and I will be looking forward to seeing it grow!

Tnx Bregir

Th open back actually has a reason: convention exposition.

That way, people actually get to see something instead of just a back wall of a house

This arrangement looks really good, and I like the progression from first landing up to its current form. It should be a really nice layout as it expands. Keep it up.